• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

game 6...

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
okay. so i watched the replay of this years game 6. and that goal, you know which one i'm talking about, just keeps looking worse and worse. i tivo'd it and watched it several times in slowmo. any one of us could have made that save. it really goes to leighton's lack of focus in a game that required no motivation at all for focus. that leaves the rest of us to draw our own conclusions about why he played it that way. biggest game of his life and he was lost....

i think he will be decent in the regular season, and even in early rounds. but he stunk when spotlight was hot on him most. why would anyone assume he won't adopt the same approach again. i pray one of the other goalies steps up and take the helm with a good performance. because if we go into the playoffs this coming year with that nagging question looming it will effect the outcome. i've seen it happen to this team many, many, many times over the last 25 years.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows maybe he learns from the experience and becomes cool under pressure? No one will know how he reacts or how one of the young goalies will play in the playoffs next season if they put themselves in this position. This is what makes sports entertaining.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you.....thank you.....thank you!!

I've been waiting for someone to say what I've been saying all along!

"it really goes to leighton's lack of focus in a game that required no motivation at all for focus"

The guy is average at best and will continue to be average at best all - year - long! Yes, our d is improved, but it won't matter one bit if the guy doesn't make the occasional big save and I have NO confidence in him to do just that.

I hope I'm dead wrong.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you.....thank you.....thank you!!

I've been waiting for someone to say what I've been saying all along!

"it really goes to leighton's lack of focus in a game that required no motivation at all for focus"

The guy is average at best and will continue to be average at best all - year - long! Yes, our d is improved, but it won't matter one bit if the guy doesn't make the occasional big save and I have NO confidence in him to do just that.

I hope I'm dead wrong.

We ALL hope you are wrong:D I am staying positive and will stay with Leighton is the Man until he has a meltdown:D

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ALL hope you are wrong:D I am staying positive and will stay with Leighton is the Man until he has a meltdown:D

Yep I agree we have to back the man until he completely fails...after all every goalie lets in the odd bad goal. Look at MAF game 4 vs les habs pretty much the same bad angle shot and he let it in so why does he get a pass as the greatest goalie of all time (well according to pen fans that is...haha).

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember Leighton pulled a Hextall last season

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him come in and lose in the Finals. :)

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that puck went between his freakin legs from way out on the left side boards down near the blue line, with no elevation. it wasn't even a slap shot. no wonder why everyone looked puzzled. kane was like "oh my god i can't believe that went in!". i can forgive a break away goal. i can forgive a lucky bounce that leaves someone alone in the slot. i can even forgive a blistering slap shot that is seen all the way but still gets by. but come on man....that was such an easy shot to stop. it simply means he was not paying attention....IN AN OVERTIME PERIOD OF AN ELIMINATION GAME. that's like missing the rim on a game winning free throw in over time basketball. that's like a baseball pitcher walking in a game winning run in extra innings. these things do happen all the time....but those players are usually not invited back to see if they learned there lesson.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I not sure if he is the answer, but it really is true that a lot of guys have to lose the big one before they ever win it. I think it will be harder for him to get back to the finals than it would be for him to play in them again.

If he keeps his head at an even keel, he can do it. Once he starts reliving or second guessing, he will be toast. Not trying to be a homer, but a little Osgood mentality would take this guy a long way, imo.

Skills didn't let that goal go by. A brain fart did.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...says the Ellis lover. :eek:

I know, I know, I know, but Ellis is not an option and Homer is not getting anybody else at this point in time.:confused: Therefore, Leighton Is the MAN!

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Skills didn't let that goal go by. A brain fart did.

that is kind of my point. i would stick with a goalie that lost the scf straight up because he got overwhelmed with better talent. i'd even stick with one that was just plain unlucky. but this situation is neither.

i hope leighton does shake this off. maybe he will become the ghost of osgood. who in my opinion wasn't all that great a goalie, but was good enough surrounded by outstanding teammates. but what i am saying is that he is no broduer, or hasek, or luongo. those goalies believe that they are better than the opponents facing them. they believe they will outperform when the time comes to do so. what i saw in leighton was a goalie who was hoping the puck would hit him somehow.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is kind of my point. i would stick with a goalie that lost the scf straight up because he got overwhelmed with better talent. i'd even stick with one that was just plain unlucky. but this situation is neither.

i hope leighton does shake this off. maybe he will become the ghost of osgood. who in my opinion wasn't all that great a goalie, but was good enough surrounded by outstanding teammates. but what i am saying is that he is no broduer, or hasek, or luongo. those goalies believe that they are better than the opponents facing them. they believe they will outperform when the time comes to do so. what i saw in leighton was a goalie who was hoping the puck would hit him somehow.

I think your being a little hard on him indy...there's not many so called great goalies in this league and he did put up good numbers and was pretty consistent when healthy. I think we also all agree that by not having a steady 3rd pairing the top two pairings slipped a bit in the cup against a very worthy opponent. No reason to panic at this point let's wait and see what happens I believe if things don't start out well Homer will make a move and there's a good chance if the right deal comes along we'll find another goalie on his way to Philly on Homer's terms not free agent terms or bad trade terms.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me say this. Leighton came off of injury to a team that at the time was down 3-1 in the series and played his first ever playoff games to bring that team to Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me say this. Leighton came off of injury to a team that at the time was down 3-1 in the series and played his first ever playoff games to bring that team to Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Its human nature to forget the many good things but stomp on the bad...heck I was pissed off too but after calming down you realize the guy was pretty solid and I felt safe with him between the pipes. I guess we'll see!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was nervous. We would all be if we had the Cup on the line in OT being the guy that never played in the playoff, even barely in the regular season

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That goal didn't even register with my brain for 3 weeks. Then out of the blue, one Saturday night I'm driving back from Lowes and I'm sitting at a red light when all of a sudden it hit me. I just yelled, "Fuck me!" and punched my steering wheel.

Fuck me.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!!!!

And great to see ya Shultz/LOL/Philly