• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

game 6...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks brother. I've been taking my frustrations out on the Phillies board back at the swamp.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wish. He doesn't even show up on the Mets board anymore because they're so dismal. It's like a freakin' funeral over on the Mets board.

I kinda miss their dipshit trolls on the Phils board though. Now it's just a bunch of puffed up Braves assholes who post the same lame arguments and taunts on 30 threads a day replying to moronic Phillies "fans".

Leon would be a massive upgrade over the collection of fucknuts hanging out there these days.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol! I think trolls add fun to message board life. They are fu to argue with and to destory them when they are fucking dipshits. That is one of the few downgrades with this place

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I totally agree. 95% of my posts there are arguing with or making fun of dipshits.

A lot of the Phils board has just devolved into noise unfortunately. You can't even argue with noise.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic stuff at the swamp. Blowhunter, obviously. PenVo has gotten better (He is on SportsHoopla now) and Leon was an idot. I still look over there and the Flyers board is just that. Noise. Nothing to talk about or even argue with. Nothing.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i am not ignoring the contributions he made in other playoffs series and the regular season. what i am highlighting is the manner in which he gave up that goal. every player has their ceiling with both talent and mental toughness. my point is that leighton did not have the extra gear to handle a scf elimination game. he came up short. plain and simple. i would not be saying this if he had given up the game winning goal on a deflection, or a wide open shot from the slot. the puck slid under him from 20 ft out on a short angle shot that was completely unscreened. if he would have done that in training camp the coaches would have looked at each other and said..."so much for this guy".

i don't feel like i'm out of line. and neither do the pundits who picked us to win the scf last year but now think we will finish 4th in the east, even with a better defense....

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me say this. Leighton came off of injury to a team that at the time was down 3-1 in the series and played his first ever playoff games to bring that team to Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

If the final goal wasn't such a hot topic, people would be praising him for this feat. But the fact that the goal was one that should have been stopped, it's like everything else goes out the window.

Its human nature to forget the many good things but stomp on the bad...heck I was pissed off too but after calming down you realize the guy was pretty solid and I felt safe with him between the pipes. I guess we'll see!

Good call. Sometimes I forget this -- and go directly to asshole mode when somebody blasts Leights solely based on that goal.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That goal didn't even register with my brain for 3 weeks. Then out of the blue, one Saturday night I'm driving back from Lowes and I'm sitting at a red light when all of a sudden it hit me. I just yelled, "Fuck me!" and punched my steering wheel.

Fuck me.

Haha well Schultz when you take that many head shots during your career i don't blame you for not registering that crappy goal. ; ) I'm hoping Leights figures it out and he's solid all year and wins a cup but at the same time I can see Philly trading for a goalie in Feb a solid goalie and they ride the hot hand to the cup. Can't wait!!!!!!!