• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 6, Dubs vs Flop City 5/1 730p PST tip off

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs last stand, can't hold anything back tonight.

If FE needs to go out there on one leg and foul DJ 6 times, so be it, if Coach Jackson needs to put on a uni and run the point for 10 mins, we have to do it.

I"d expect the Dubs to win at home, its going to be a tough game, will they win Game 7? We will cross that bridge when we get there.

And, finally yes, the Dubs need to keep Coach Jackson, to the haters in the other thread, what team are you watching? Are you even Dub fans or just bandwagon / johnny come lately's? Get real.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah NBK I think the Dubs pull it out tonight.
Game 7 will be really tough.
As for Jackson, I think he's done a great job and I don't think Kerr would be n upgrade.
Now if another big time coach becomes available that's a different story.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If FE needs to go out there on one leg and foul DJ 6 times, so be it, if Coach Jackson needs to put on a uni and run the point for 10 mins, we have to do it.

I"d expect the Dubs to win at home, its going to be a tough game, will they win Game 7? We will cross that bridge when we get there.

And, finally yes, the Dubs need to keep Coach Jackson, to the haters in the other thread, what team are you watching? Are you even Dub fans or just bandwagon / johnny come lately's? Get real.

Curry has to be good tonight period. 13 turnovers in game 5 wasn't a bad number overall, but 8 were on Curry, and the turnovers they did make were killers, as they added up to 20 points. They just aren't good enough to give the Clips that many easy points. Curry needs to secure the ball and make smart decisions as a facilitator. When Curry does make smart passes out of the double team/trap, Green, Iggy, Barnes and others need to step up and make open shots. I'd call the emotional component of the game a draw. Warrriors are desparate and have the home crowd, but on the other hand Clippers are smelling Warrirors blood, and seem to be mentally and emotionally back on track after Silver's announcement. Hopefully being at home will give the Warriors are fair shake when it comes to officiating.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why not? That way he could actually contribute something to the Warriors' cause.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd expect Oracle to be off the hinges tonight, as it will be the final Ws home game of the season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd expect Oracle to be off the hinges tonight, as it will be the final Ws home game of the season.

If I didn't look over to the left I would have sworn this was a Nolan post. Just sayin'.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just for point of reference, I was at the Cow Palace for Game 3 of the NBA finals vs. the Bullets in 1975. Jamal Wilkes played phenomenal D on Elvin Hayes. Hardly a "bandwagon" fan.

That aside, Jax is probably gone after this week and depending upon who they bring in (Kerr, Van Gundy, Rivers) it's the right move. He's a master motivator and a terrible administrator. And he has little grasp of how to structure an offense or make adjustments to it.

I'm grateful for the culture change he largely made, and the defensive emphasis he established, but to get to the next level the Ws need a new coach. Preferably, one who understands offensive schemes or at the very least can work with his assistants to design some.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't look over to the left I would have sworn this was a Nolan post. Just sayin'.

Foolish Toolsense, much like a broken clock, can also be right once in a great while. That he agrees with me doesn't make him less of a douchebag troll.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for point of reference, I was at the Cow Palace for Game 3 of the NBA finals vs. the Bullets in 1975. Jamal Wilkes played phenomenal D on Elvin Hayes. Hardly a "bandwagon" fan.

That aside, Jax is probably gone after this week and depending upon who they bring in (Kerr, Van Gundy, Rivers) it's the right move. He's a master motivator and a terrible administrator. And he has little grasp of how to structure an offense or make adjustments to it.

I'm grateful for the culture change he largely made, and the defensive emphasis he established, but to get to the next level the Ws need a new coach. Preferably, one who understands offensive schemes or at the very least can work with his assistants to design some.

When your back up 5 is gone the whole year, and you have injuries to starting AI#9, D.Lee, and Bogut throughout the year, how is that Jax's fault?

If You want to point the fingers and Myers, I can see your point. But Jackson can only go as far as the talent on the team. Get him healthier players, and can we make a fair assessment.

Dubs have been playing shorthanded all year round, not an excuse, its a fact. The fact that they were able to push it to a Game 6 is amazing in my eyes.

Would JO or D.Green start on any other team that made the Playoffs?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your back up 5 is gone the whole year, and you have injuries to starting AI#9, D.Lee, and Bogut throughout the year, how is that Jax's fault?

If You want to point the fingers and Myers, I can see your point. But Jackson can only go as far as the talent on the team. Get him healthier players, and can we make a fair assessment.

Dubs have been playing shorthanded all year round, not an excuse, its a fact. The fact that they were able to push it to a Game 6 is amazing in my eyes.

Even you have to acknowledge that Jackson has his own shortcomings as a coach. His strategies and lineup rotations are still horrendous.

If you look in my other thread you'll see my response to the Jackson situation. If other better options are available, they have to be explored. Jackson should not be removed just to be removed.

The front office has shown that they are willing to upgrade the roster

We have a very small window of opportunity with our superstar locked up to a contract that's less than half his market value. We cannot just be satisfied with making the playoffs. We have to keep pushing to the next level. I'd much rather be a team that has drought years with a brief moment at the top, than be the Atlanta Hawks and just happy to be in the playoffs every year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foolish Toolsense, much like a broken clock, can also be right once in a great while. That he agrees with me doesn't make him less of a douchebag troll.

It's not just the agreement, it's the total certainty. You are probably right in this case that they will lose game 7, but Nolan is super douchy about his (always negative, always so sure of failure) predictions. And the tone of this one could have been him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even you have to acknowledge that Jackson has his own shortcomings as a coach. His strategies and lineup rotations are still horrendous.

If you look in my other thread you'll see my response to the Jackson situation. If other better options are available, they have to be explored. Jackson should not be removed just to be removed.

We have a very small window of opportunity with our superstar locked up to a contract that's less than half his market value. We cannot just be satisfied with making the playoffs. We have to keep pushing to the next level. I'd much rather be a team that has drought years with a brief moment at the top, than be the Atlanta Hawks and just happy to be in the playoffs every year.

This.

tzill, Jackson should go if you are upgrading. But not just anyone available is an upgrade, and one substantial enough not to anger the players or make the organization look skittish and non-supportive.

So Steve Kerr to me would be a bad idea, a lateral move that would make others wonder what a coach has to do to stick around here. Same with bringing in a college coach (also because those NEVER work...Larry Brown the only guy I can think of with true success at both levels, and he's one of a kind).

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't want to turn this thread into a jackson debate, but how much of his shortcomings are his fault vs things out of this control? Bogut's injury, AI#9's injury, FE's injury. D.Lee's defense. Jackson didn't select these players. He's doing the best he can with the roster.

Its funny to me, how folks want to dump on Jackson, but don't put any blame on Myers. As far as I can tell, the team is still improving, and have a chance to get better.

Kerr wouldn't be a "lateral move", he has no experience, and was a terrible GM, yet somehow he is going to be as good or better than Jackson as Coach. Come on.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to turn this thread into a jackson debate, but how much of his shortcomings are his fault vs things out of this control? Bogut's injury, AI#9's injury, FE's injury. D.Lee's defense. Jackson didn't select these players. He's doing the best he can with the roster.

Its funny to me, how folks want to dump on Jackson, but don't put any blame on Myers. As far as I can tell, the team is still improving, and have a chance to get better.

Kerr wouldn't be a "lateral move", he has no experience, and was a terrible GM, yet somehow he is going to be as good or better than Jackson as Coach. Come on.

First, I've never took the stance that Kerr is even a lateral move. If you browsed the other thread I said that only upgrade coaches should be even considered, and of which, I think there are very few. Jackson should not be replaced just to be replaced.

My main point is that Jackson is NOT doing the best can with this roster. Injuries occur to all teams. That shouldn't just automatically place him with immunity.

Too much blame falls on the roster. From top to bottom the team is incredibly talented. If anything most coaches in the NBA would count themselves blessed to be with this much talent. You can blame management all you want for not getting a better roster around Jackson. Or you could rank the talent the team has with every other team in the league and see we are easily in the top 10, if not higher. His shortcomings come from the strategies he employs during the game.

For example his rotations are terrible. The five in five out rotations are laughable. If you want to blame the roster, that only increases the validity of my point. He's putting out terrible 5 man bench units for long periods of time when he should already know he's working with limited talent.

There are no offensive sets outside of two: A Curry Pick and Roll and Klay and Curry coming off of curl screens. Both are highly predictable and easy to game plan around.

You've never mentioned once how any of his strategies, rotations, adjustments factor in to him being a good coach. I'd love to hear your thoughts on to how he's a great basketball mind. How he adjusts well to situations.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I've never took the stance that Kerr is even a lateral move. If you browsed the other thread I said that only upgrade coaches should be even considered, and of which, I think there are very few. Jackson should not be replaced just to be replaced.

My main point is that Jackson is NOT doing the best can with this roster. Injuries occur to all teams. That shouldn't just automatically place him with immunity.

Too much blame falls on the roster. From top to bottom the team is incredibly talented. If anything most coaches in the NBA would count themselves blessed to be with this much talent. You can blame management all you want for not getting a better roster around Jackson. Or you could rank the talent the team has with every other team in the league and see we are easily in the top 10, if not higher. His shortcomings come from the strategies he employs during the game.

For example his rotations are terrible. The five in five out rotations are laughable. If you want to blame the roster, that only increases the validity of my point. He's putting out terrible 5 man bench units for long periods of time when he should already know he's working with limited talent.

There are no offensive sets outside of two: A Curry Pick and Roll and Klay and Curry coming off of curl screens. Both are highly predictable and easy to game plan around.

You've never mentioned once how any of his strategies, rotations, adjustments factor in to him being a good coach. I'd love to hear your thoughts on to how he's a great basketball mind. How he adjusts well to situations.

Contradiction? Or is this another way of saying great starters, terrible bench? Would every coach in the league be that happy with that talent situation? :noidea:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please don't compare me to that tool. I can tolerate a lot of insults, but not that

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Jax himself says it's a "no excuse" basketball team. Thus, no injury excuses.
2. You're eliding over Harrison Barnes. He's been handled horribly. He's regressed. That's on Jax, as he says.
3. His offensive schemes are awful; he's driven out two assistants; there is rampant disfunction on his staff.

You're taking the small picture view here. The larger picture shows a team that underachieved during the season, putting itself in the six seed instead of the 4 or 5. Too many bad losses where the team wasn't prepared or simply played terribly. Especially at home vs. bad teams.

I think Jax did a lot right; I think injuries have hurt him. But he's not shown the ability to overcome his shortcomings.

Time to move on.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't compare me to that tool. I can tolerate a lot of insults, but not that

Well, you're not going to like this comparison then: you're sometimes like him, but way worse on every dimension. Sorry to disappoint.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just the agreement, it's the total certainty. You are probably right in this case that they will lose game 7, but Nolan is super douchy about his (always negative, always so sure of failure) predictions. And the tone of this one could have been him.

I'm pretty certain they aren't going to beat a superior Clipper squad with the big aussie out and NoExcuseNoOffense coaching.

Twice.

If that's "super douchy" so be it.