• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 12/4/14 Dubs vs NO 730p Tip off

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to seeing Anthony Davis. I've seen the Dubs play NO twice last year in NO. Dubs won both games in NO easily. But, players like Davis, Evans and 6th man Anderson are playing well. Key pickup this year for them was Asic (sp??). Dubs win by 10-15, but Davis gets 25 and 12 with a few nice alley-oops. He may also get Bogut on foul trouble. Davis is ONLY 21 years old. He's the future best big man in the game, imo.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for starting the thread, I couldn't find the game listed on Comcast tonight.

Someone in the 415 help me out here is it on TV???

Dubs have the advantage in the backcourt, Steph/Klay > Holiday/Rivers, Unibrow > D.Green though.

I hope the Dubs come out strong today and don't wait til the 4th quarter.

Not sure if there's a better bigman in the game right now than Unibrow, only injury or success can really slow this game down. In terms of being a complete big, currently, you may take LA up in POR over him, but for the next 5-7 years, Unibrow probably is the guy I'd buy stock in.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at Davis' stats in his last game (I believe), and he really fills up the stat sheet with steals, blocks, rebounds, points, etc. He had a rough game from the line (maybe 9/16), but he's normally a decent FT shooter. I believe he was a point guard in high school before his growth spurt.

Oh, the game is on TNT tonight. I assume you get that, right? Maybe Barkley can educate us all on race politics?

Last edited by a moderator:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to have a tough time with Anthony Davis tonight I think. Hopefully the Pelicans are road-weary and just want to get on the plane home.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at Davis' stats in his last game (I believe), and he really fills up the stat sheet with steals, blocks, rebounds, points, etc. He had a rough game from the line (maybe 9/16), but he's normally a decent FT shooter. I believe he was a point guard in high school before his growth spurt.

Oh, the game is on TNT tonight. I assume you get that, right? Maybe Barkley can educate us all on race politics?

Thanks, I wonder if Chuck will have anything nice to say about us? I know he loves Klay and Steph, but he hasn't had nice thoughts about the Bay in general. I think he's still sore CWebb dunked on him :yahoo:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Bogut is a good passer

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson ice cold.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck couldn't resist getting a dig in the end, Dubs are missing a big, it's D.Lee Chuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 assists! The announcers did a good job of heralding the Dubs' success this year.

Curry was really feeling it tonight, not meaning just his shot, but you could tell that he was confident as hell. From his dribbling, to his passing, which was absolutely fantastic tonight, to his 4 steals. The Dubs have gotten the passing bug and it is exciting to watch. Honestly, it was sort of like watching the Globetrotters or Magic's Lakers. Is there no reason why this team was picked as the most fun team to watch? These guys really love to play together.

This "Game Thread" of mine brings my "record" to a stout 1-1. Where is the "pound your chest" emoticon when you need one?

Don't forget my blog at www.IloveStephCurry.com. I'll be interviewing Curry via skype on December 33rd this year. Catch it!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 assists! The announcers did a good job of heralding the Dubs' success this year.

Curry was really feeling it tonight, not meaning just his shot, but you could tell that he was confident as hell. From his dribbling, to his passing, which was absolutely fantastic tonight, to his 4 steals. The Dubs have gotten the passing bug and it is exciting to watch. Honestly, it was sort of like watching the Globetrotters or Magic's Lakers. Is there no reason why this team was picked as the most fun team to watch? These guys really love to play together.

This "Game Thread" of mine brings my "record" to a stout 1-1. Where is the "pound your chest" emoticon when you need one?

Don't forget my blog at www.IloveStephCurry.com. I'll be interviewing Curry via skype on December 33rd this year. Catch it!

Dec. 33rd?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you've got a :lol:to use, why did you choose to use a :lame:? Is this microphone on?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I noticed someone said something about Barkley above. It just made me remember hearing him say that Curry "didn't make his teammates better" when he was talking about "best point guards" in the NBA. I thought that was the biggest bunch of crap I'd heard in a while. How else does a point guard make his team better than with assists? I thought it was a bogus reason why he was picking Paul. I really have no problem if he'd just picked Paul, but his reason just didn't make any sense. I mean, if you take Curry out of the lineup, do his teammates do the same without him? Do they win and get as many easy buckets with Curry not there?

I just watched the post-game interview again that was on the NBA channel, even though the game was on TNT. Barkley is really challenged to dole out praise for the Dubs. He said that Memphis, with Gasol and Randolph would "kill GS", meaning because of their size. He said that the Warriors need "another big guy". My feeling is that while GS may have their hands full on the inside with Memphis, they'd still have those 3-point shooters from the outside. Barkley is a bit old school in that he made the comment "live by the jumper, die by the jumper", while K. Smith said that with these 2 particular guards (Steph and Klay), he thinks they're good enough that their jumpers would fall consistently enough for them to be able to still win.

This is not the 70's or 80's where you had to have a good big man down low, and Barkley doesn't seem to recognize that Bogut is a good big man because he's not scoring 20+ points a game. Look at the Bulls with Jordan, who only had Bill Cartwright and/or Bill Whittington, neither who was the player that Bogut is. While neither Steph or Klay is the equivalent of Jordan, I think that they both are equal to Jordan and Pippen (yes, I did say that!). Plus the depth of this Warrior team is better than any of the Bull team, in my opinion.

The same goes for the Piston teams who won 2 titles. No great big man, or just not a lot of size inside, unless you're calling Laimbeer and Mahorn "big". I think the days of having to have a "dominant big man" are gone, and the change that brought this about was not only the introduction of the 3-pt shot, but the drastic USE of it by teams such as GS.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg

I'll agree with most of what you said, but the Bad Boy Pistons were different from the 2000 Pistons with Chauncy, Hamilton, Ben Wallace, Rasheed, McDyss.

Bad Boys didn't have "dominate Bigs" but they did have folks who were wiling to hurt you if you went into the lane. Lambieer, Salley, Mahorn, just to name a few. They also had HOF THomas, Dumars, and Johnson coming off the bench

Gotta compare Apples to Apples.

The model franchise will always be the Spurs until Pop retires. MIA won their titles because they had a freak in 6'8" 250 lb Lebron who was all world during his time there.

Do you need a bigman to win? Maybe not, but It doesn't hurt. Not saying Bogut Can't get us there, because if healthy, we are in the conversation.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg

I'll agree with most of what you said, but the Bad Boy Pistons were different from the 2000 Pistons with Chauncy, Hamilton, Ben Wallace, Rasheed, McDyss.

Bad Boys didn't have "dominate Bigs" but they did have folks who were wiling to hurt you if you went into the lane. Lambieer, Salley, Mahorn, just to name a few. They also had HOF THomas, Dumars, and Johnson coming off the bench

Gotta compare Apples to Apples.

The model franchise will always be the Spurs until Pop retires. MIA won their titles because they had a freak in 6'8" 250 lb Lebron who was all world during his time there.

Do you need a bigman to win? Maybe not, but It doesn't hurt. Not saying Bogut Can't get us there, because if healthy, we are in the conversation.

I think you do need a rim protector, and in my opinion, as long as Bogut can go 30 minutes a game, he's more than good enough. Also, with Kerr encouraging his offensive game and passing, he's way more than just a rim protector.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's win was another solid one, likely against the best team they've faced during this 11 game run. Certainly they faced the best player that they have in this stretch, and despite the numbers he put up, the Dubs smothered everyone else, for the most part, when they tried to step up and score.

On one hand, these last 11 teams ain't Memphis or San Antonio. On the other, even the best teams can drop a game, especially on the road, to just about anyone else in The Association on their night. I see this stretch as almost a second pre-season to get the team better ready to slug it out with the big boys. The lessons learned from the only two losses this season continue to be applied (did you see Steph scold himself afetr a one-handed pass that got picked off in the fourth quarter?), and assuming that all remain healthy, I can see the team finally able to look the best square in the eyes.

The next game at Chicago will be a step up in difficulty from the last eleven. If they manage to set the franchise mark for consecutive wins then, it will represent another stepping stone to the top.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The passing ws excellent tonight. The finishes at the rim were not very well executed on many of those passes though. Should have been an even bigger blowout than it was.