• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 12/4/14 Dubs vs NO 730p Tip off

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if the 49ers had Unibrow on their team. They'd be unstoppable.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I noticed someone said something about Barkley above. It just made me remember hearing him say that Curry "didn't make his teammates better" when he was talking about "best point guards" in the NBA. I thought that was the biggest bunch of crap I'd heard in a while. How else does a point guard make his team better than with assists? I thought it was a bogus reason why he was picking Paul. I really have no problem if he'd just picked Paul, but his reason just didn't make any sense. I mean, if you take Curry out of the lineup, do his teammates do the same without him? Do they win and get as many easy buckets with Curry not there?

I just watched the post-game interview again that was on the NBA channel, even though the game was on TNT. Barkley is really challenged to dole out praise for the Dubs. He said that Memphis, with Gasol and Randolph would "kill GS", meaning because of their size. He said that the Warriors need "another big guy". My feeling is that while GS may have their hands full on the inside with Memphis, they'd still have those 3-point shooters from the outside. Barkley is a bit old school in that he made the comment "live by the jumper, die by the jumper", while K. Smith said that with these 2 particular guards (Steph and Klay), he thinks they're good enough that their jumpers would fall consistently enough for them to be able to still win.

This is not the 70's or 80's where you had to have a good big man down low, and Barkley doesn't seem to recognize that Bogut is a good big man because he's not scoring 20+ points a game. Look at the Bulls with Jordan, who only had Bill Cartwright and/or Bill Whittington, neither who was the player that Bogut is. While neither Steph or Klay is the equivalent of Jordan, I think that they both are equal to Jordan and Pippen (yes, I did say that!). Plus the depth of this Warrior team is better than any of the Bull team, in my opinion.

The same goes for the Piston teams who won 2 titles. No great big man, or just not a lot of size inside, unless you're calling Laimbeer and Mahorn "big". I think the days of having to have a "dominant big man" are gone, and the change that brought this about was not only the introduction of the 3-pt shot, but the drastic USE of it by teams such as GS.

The thing about Chuck is that he has the old school mentality when it comes to basketball. A PG should distribute. A SG should score. A Center should dominate the paint, etc.

He doesn't like the makeup of the Warriors mostly because he believes our style of play is not sustainable. He has history to back him. There hasn't been a team like the Warriors who do what we do. On the flip side Kenny usually argues that the Warriors are kind of unprecedented with how good their shooters are and how the team is made up. So you can't say they won't be successful.

The Pistons didn't have dominant bigs in the traditional sense, but you have to remember they have a HOF, one of the best defensive players ever in the history of the game in Dennis Rodman. That makes a difference.

When it comes to bigs, you may not need scoring, but you absolutely need defense out of them.