• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 6, Dubs vs Flop City 5/1 730p PST tip off

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

tzill, Jackson should go if you are upgrading. But not just anyone available is an upgrade, and one substantial enough not to anger the players or make the organization look skittish and non-supportive.

So Steve Kerr to me would be a bad idea, a lateral move that would make others wonder what a coach has to do to stick around here. Same with bringing in a college coach (also because those NEVER work...Larry Brown the only guy I can think of with true success at both levels, and he's one of a kind).

See, here's the thing: I trust Jerry West, Bob Myers, and the rest of the FO to make a good decision. Should be just dump Jax for anyone? No. That would be similar to just dumping Avi without replacing him. I'm not advocating that.

What I am advocating is an upgrade at the HC and PF positions. Maybe that's Kerr and Love, maybe not. But, changes have to be made if we are going to get better.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to turn this thread into a jackson debate, but how much of his shortcomings are his fault vs things out of this control? Bogut's injury, AI#9's injury, FE's injury. D.Lee's defense. Jackson didn't select these players. He's doing the best he can with the roster.

Its funny to me, how folks want to dump on Jackson, but don't put any blame on Myers. As far as I can tell, the team is still improving, and have a chance to get better.

Kerr wouldn't be a "lateral move", he has no experience, and was a terrible GM, yet somehow he is going to be as good or better than Jackson as Coach. Come on.

I agree. We've seen his best and it's not good enough. He can't/won't coach offense.

Or work with assistants who can.

Myers didn't hire Jax, and to be fair Jax has done a tremendous job at what he's good with: players and morale. He's hit his ceiling.

I don't presume to know enough about Kerr, or Van Gundy, or Rivers, or any other potential coach to know what the right move is. I trust the FO does.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you're not going to like this comparison then: you're sometimes like him, but way worse on every dimension. Sorry to disappoint.

Broken clock syndrome for that one. Did you see him try to sneak onto the Giant board last week.

Whack A Tool and bye, bye Toolish.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contradiction? Or is this another way of saying great starters, terrible bench? Would every coach in the league be that happy with that talent situation? :noidea:

It was more to point out the importance of having a solid player rotation. I was saying that the team from top to bottom, as a whole, is a very talented team. There is a substantial drop off on the second unit, but the first unit is extremely talented. Each starter on our team is arguably a top 10 player at their position. This is why Jackson's rotations are so infuriating. There should be some semblance of balance between the second unit and the starters.

The reference to a "terrible 5 man bench" wasn't in reference to their talent, but more so to having that specific group of players being out there being terrible. Jermaine was admirable this year. Draymond had a coming out year in my opinion. Barnes had a rough year, but he's still has redeeming qualities. Blake is a pro. That's at least 4 solid guys who can be in a rotation to be mixed in.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We've seen his best and it's not good enough. He can't/won't coach offense.

Or work with assistants who can.

Myers didn't hire Jax, and to be fair Jax has done a tremendous job at what he's good with: players and morale. He's hit his ceiling.

I don't presume to know enough about Kerr, or Van Gundy, or Rivers, or any other potential coach to know what the right move is. I trust the FO does.

This is probably the most fair assessment I've seen you post with respects to Jackson.

:suds:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now back to the game at hand:

The Warriors will need 3 things tonight to win:

1) Good outside shooting game from everyone.
2) Limiting second opportunities for the Clips.
3) Keep Turnovers low.

I hope to see more of a pick and roll involving Curry and the Smalls, mainly Iguodala. If they hedge against Curry, Iguodala is the perfect person to be a secondary creator for the offense. If they switch, Curry should have a field day against whoever is guarding him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you're not going to like this comparison then: you're sometimes like him, but way worse on every dimension. Sorry to disappoint.

".....only a fool would say that"

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Broken clock syndrome for that one. Did you see him try to sneak onto the Giant board last week.

Whack A Tool and bye, bye Toolish.

Don't want to go too off-topic, but I have to know. What did he do?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to go too off-topic, but I have to know. What did he do?

It's unclear, but a glitch in the system allowed him one post on the Giant board. It was quickly corrected.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I've never took the stance that Kerr is even a lateral move. If you browsed the other thread I said that only upgrade coaches should be even considered, and of which, I think there are very few. Jackson should not be replaced just to be replaced.

My main point is that Jackson is NOT doing the best can with this roster. Injuries occur to all teams. That shouldn't just automatically place him with immunity.

Too much blame falls on the roster. From top to bottom the team is incredibly talented. If anything most coaches in the NBA would count themselves blessed to be with this much talent. You can blame management all you want for not getting a better roster around Jackson. Or you could rank the talent the team has with every other team in the league and see we are easily in the top 10, if not higher. His shortcomings come from the strategies he employs during the game.

For example his rotations are terrible. The five in five out rotations are laughable. If you want to blame the roster, that only increases the validity of my point. He's putting out terrible 5 man bench units for long periods of time when he should already know he's working with limited talent.

There are no offensive sets outside of two: A Curry Pick and Roll and Klay and Curry coming off of curl screens. Both are highly predictable and easy to game plan around.

You've never mentioned once how any of his strategies, rotations, adjustments factor in to him being a good coach. I'd love to hear your thoughts on to how he's a great basketball mind. How he adjusts well to situations.

Not only that, but it appears as though he has trouble communicating with his coaching staff and management. Two big red flags, IMO.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never mentioned once how any of his strategies, rotations, adjustments factor in to him being a good coach. I'd love to hear your thoughts on to how he's a great basketball mind. How he adjusts well to situations.

D.Green, the aging JO, Speights, Blake for 1 month, Jordan for 2 months, a slumping HB, a borderline D League player in Baze.

Besides DGreen, none of these players were worth their weight on the court. What adjustments were you expecting Jackson to make? Was he going to turn Speights into the D. Cousins? In tight situations, are you going to trust your starters, or turn to your bench and a flaky performer?

Injuries are a killer. Just ask Thibbs in CHI. By all accounts is a good coach, but you take away the MVP in Rose, and his 2nd best player in Deng, and that team only wins 1 game in the 1st round vs WAS. Does that mean Thibbs is a horrible Coach?

How great was Doc Rivers in his last season in BOS?.

I never claimed Jackson was a "great basketball mind", I will stick to the claim that he's gotten results. 2nd year in a row in the playoffs despite a flawed roster. 50 win season, but folks want to claim he's "plateau'd" Seriously Bro? What team are you watching?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, but it appears as though he has trouble communicating with his coaching staff and management. Two big red flags, IMO.

Yes his troubles are so bad, the Dubs somehow still managed to get to the playoffs again, clearly the Coach is doing something wrong here, SMH

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the game, DUbs losing early, 9-16, Curry needs more shots, push the ball guys.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully O'Neal can come back. Gonna be tough without him.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry has to get hot soon for the second half. Close game.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy there are some hard fouls going on out there.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is one player on the team with a real sense of the moment, it's Iggy. Clutch 3-pointer with a free throw to come.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Bogut, No JO, no D.Lee down the stretch, what do you do?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chFx9PX08-M"]As Gene Hackman would say.....[/ame]

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A terrific game. What a ending. Game 7 Saturday night !

Go Warriors !!