• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game #5 - Beat LA - 7PM

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes, though the issue for me is that is a tough tough way to get you first NHL PO start... still it will be interesting.

This game though was not nemo. This was a full team effort, but I really key in on jumbo's line. They had a terrible goal scored against them, the second, all because of an unreal lazy backcheck. If I recall correctly, it really shoulda been a 3 on 3, but the forwards didnt feel like it. The effort just wasnt there. Bad bounces happen, tough plays. But not trying and not skating is not a bad bounce or bad luck, its flat lazy. I cant believe tmac gave that line another shift a minute later. If I were the coach and one of my lines just didnt feel like trying, I would bench them for a while. Tmac does not send messages to his beloved "leadership". His leadership is currently the #1 worst skater on the entire team this series. When your "captain" is the worst player on the team and the coach is backing up his lack of effort, it sure wold demoralize me if I were in that dressing room watching.

Today, Patty was right there next to Joe as the worst. Now, for him, today was more hte exception as he has been pretty solid. But, leading the team in giveaways sucks, and the big one was the PP to start the third. That giveaway followed by the burns trip penalty epitomized the effort for the top liners. Those guys better respond in LA...

Doug Wilson as well better be watching real closely. You want character and heart, then you cant make NHL choking history. They are still a long way from that title, but dougie had better be watching. His beloved lover twins need to prove themselves, or it will get that much harder to celebrate the next hall of famer that jumbo passes in meaningless regular season assists and points.

Publicly sucking off his franchise players and defending their limpy tiny dicks will get awfully tricky...

p.s.: can you tell Im a bit bitter after watching this garbage?

Trust me on this one, it starts and ends with Nemo overall. As being a player who both skated out and played net, theres nights where as a goalie you just cant stop shit and you let your team down. When you skate out and see that you to try to win in spite of your goalie its a mind fuck man, your just waiting for the next shot to go in if an opposing player gets past you. That's no way to play.

Marleau certainly doesnt get a hall pass this game i posted earlier he was handling the puck like a live hand grenade. That being said Pavelski 2 games running now has missed atleast 4 empty net chances. Thornton, didnt think he was bad in game 4 but for fucks sake he was horrendous in game 5.

Still comes down to goaltending it will sink a team quicker then you know if they cant trust the guy in the pipes

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for starting Al over Nemo it has to happen sooner or later and as a coach you have to give your team the best chance to win and its not with Nemo. Marty Brouduer, Patrick Roy, Ken Dryden, and Cam Ward all came in and took over in the same situations and went on to win cups except for Brouduer.

The teams play sadly is a reflection of their complete lack of confidence in Nemo, they simply cant trust him so they have it in the back of their minds they have to work on getting back just as hard as going to forward. You cant play that way, its impossible to go forward when your worried about having to go backwards to pick up the slack for your shit hole goalie.

Stalock starts game 6 the sharks have a chance to win, and if you notice when hes in net their play picked up considerably because they know they can trust him

Heddy said Stalock will start Game 6 especially if Vlasic is not there. His puck moving skills was one of the reasons for that. Keep the Kings forecheck honest there. Wouldn't it be ironic if Stalock leads the Sharks past the Kings and is the starter going forward and wins Conn Smyth? I can only dream.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a team effort but if the team doesn't have any confidence in the guy between the pipes, there is no hope. The Sharks went into the 2nd with momentum and Niemi gave up an easy goal which subsequently killed any enthusiasm the team had.

The Sharks wont win with Niemi between the pipes.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yes, though the issue for me is that is a tough tough way to get you first NHL PO start... still it will be interesting.

This game though was not nemo. This was a full team effort, but I really key in on jumbo's line. They had a terrible goal scored against them, the second, all because of an unreal lazy backcheck. If I recall correctly, it really shoulda been a 3 on 3, but the forwards didnt feel like it. The effort just wasnt there. Bad bounces happen, tough plays. But not trying and not skating is not a bad bounce or bad luck, its flat lazy. I cant believe tmac gave that line another shift a minute later. If I were the coach and one of my lines just didnt feel like trying, I would bench them for a while. Tmac does not send messages to his beloved "leadership". His leadership is currently the #1 worst skater on the entire team this series. When your "captain" is the worst player on the team and the coach is backing up his lack of effort, it sure wold demoralize me if I were in that dressing room watching.

Today, Patty was right there next to Joe as the worst. Now, for him, today was more hte exception as he has been pretty solid. But, leading the team in giveaways sucks, and the big one was the PP to start the third. That giveaway followed by the burns trip penalty epitomized the effort for the top liners. Those guys better respond in LA...

Doug Wilson as well better be watching real closely. You want character and heart, then you cant make NHL choking history. They are still a long way from that title, but dougie had better be watching. His beloved lover twins need to prove themselves, or it will get that much harder to celebrate the next hall of famer that jumbo passes in meaningless regular season assists and points.

Publicly sucking off his franchise players and defending their limpy tiny dicks will get awfully tricky...

p.s.: can you tell Im a bit bitter after watching this garbage?

YOu have every right to be bitter lol, i was so pissed i didnt even drink until after the game in fear of breaking my tv lol.

That being said did the team come out flat, yes. But it still comes down to goaltending, they come out timid because they are just waiting for Neimi to shit the bed, its not if its when so it doesnt allow them to go after the kings and it allows the kings to take their game to the sharks.

Bottom line if Stalock starts on monday we see a different sharks team, probably the one from the first 3 games.

First PO start to elimination game rough and pressure packed, sure. However Stalock thrives in those situations and excelshe's ready for it.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks are going to take this series, they are still up and they knew they were going to go 6-7 games anyways. Stalock is the man, and the future! Everything is going to be alright, we got this!!!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks are going to take this series, they are still up and they knew they were going to go 6-7 games anyways. Stalock is the man, and the future! Everything is going to be alright, we got this!!!

:agree: YES :thumb:

No Worries

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And things just went from bad to worse, the Ducks closed out the Stars tonight in OT

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And things just went from bad to worse, the Ducks closed out the Stars tonight in OT

If the sharks win tomorrow (which I have faith they will) then all will be good

The kings have to win 2 games and they can go cold at any moment. It's hard to keep the streak going and I just think the Sharks are too good of a team to let this slip away. They have shown they can dominate the kings and there is no reason they couldn't do that one more time. You can't win every game, and you can't lose every game either. It's going to be a blood bath tomorrow and with Stalock back in net this team is going to find a way to win the series!

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The kings have to win 2 games and they can go cold at any moment. It's hard to keep the streak going and I just think the Sharks are too good of a team to let this slip away. They have shown they can dominate the kings and there is no reason they couldn't do that one more time. You can't win every game, and you can't lose every game either. It's going to be a blood bath tomorrow and with Stalock back in net this team is going to find a way to win the series!

YES :agree: :thumb:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Well your running on a big assumption that stupid tmac will start stalock over Nemo, I'm not so sure he will do that

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well your running on a big assumption that stupid tmac will start stalock over Nemo, I'm not so sure he will do that

If Sharks lose this round, is TMac gone? Is Nemo supplanted as starter or even traded? Is DWil fired?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Sharks lose this round, is TMac gone? Is Nemo supplanted as starter or even traded? Is DWil fired?

Tmac will get shit canned, this series is coming down to coaching. Game 5 was piss poor coaching not to pull Nemo before the second goal, it was clear at that point he was struggling, also it likely would've lit a fire under the teams asses before the game got out of reach

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tmac will get shit canned, this series is coming down to coaching. Game 5 was piss poor coaching not to pull Nemo before the second goal, it was clear at that point he was struggling, also it likely would've lit a fire under the teams asses before the game got out of reach

Doesn't really matter when you pull him when you can't score 1 goal....
I want Stalock in too....but Niemi is not the only issue here...The entire team sucked....bad....
I was at the game too, and could not believe how bad they played. I give LA credit for playing well, but the Sharks were just awful. Could not even put 2 passes together with no pressure on them.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doesn't really matter when you pull him when you can't score 1 goal....
I want Stalock in too....but Niemi is not the only issue here...The entire team sucked....bad....
I was at the game too, and could not believe how bad they played. I give LA credit for playing well, but the Sharks were just awful. Could not even put 2 passes together with no pressure on them.

I think your missing the point, no ones arguing that the team played like shit. However it's a reflection of the teams lack of faith in Nemo. They couldn't think scoring chance because they were thinking oh shit I can't let la have a shot because it'll probably go in.

As soon as stalock comes in the game that all changed. His ability to stick handle helps but they also trust him to make the save

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The team has been schizo for many many years and here's the proof: There has been three series where they had a 3-0 lead and could never close it out in 1 or 2 games after that. This would be the 4th time at that (Col: win 4-2; Cal: win 4-3; Det: win 4-3). The only time in their history they've closed out a sweep was last year against their choke brothers Vancouver.