• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game #5 - Beat LA - 7PM

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised of the Kings win out.

This team is soft, and no heart.

You obviously didn't watch the first three games of this series where the Sharks bent the Kings over and rammed a goalie stick up their ass. The reality here is that Sutter is not a shitty coach - first three games he had some match ups that his team couldn't compete with.. he got that sorted by game 4 and we didn't adjust. Additionally, we sort of stopped playing our game.

The team is capable - its just not doing it and the coach isn't fixing it.

Another aspect is we are not getting scoring from the bottom 6 who were carrying the "top guys"... of course - no one is scoring at all now.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously didn't watch the first three games of this series where the Sharks bent the Kings over and rammed a goalie stick up their ass. The reality here is that Sutter is not a shitty coach - first three games he had some match ups that his team couldn't compete with.. he got that sorted by game 4 and we didn't adjust. Additionally, we sort of stopped playing our game.

The team is capable - its just not doing it and the coach isn't fixing it.

Another aspect is we are not getting scoring from the bottom 6 who were carrying the "top guys"... of course - no one is scoring at all now.

Oh i watched it, but i also watched this team for how many years now to only witness this momentum they build,only to see it dissipate like morning dew on a hot day. Problem is they're going against Quick who seems to have their number and has found a groove.

Sharks picked up the momentum, but once again its a little to late. It would be nice to see this team have sort of killer mentality but that's more folklore with this team than anything.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One bright spot is Stalock looks solid in net. Albeit, fans are booing and i would be as well if i paid money to witness essentially excrement on ice.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody still awake? This is some boring shit. Marleau and Thornton want to get this over too so they can get home and have some warm milk and watch Masterpiece Theater.

wow.. these guys got smoked in our house after going up 3-0 in the series. A real pant-shitter of a game.

I really feel sorry for people who paid a lot of money to see this game - that was a HORRIBLE effort in front of the fans.

At least I had time tonight to organize the icons on my desktop...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow.. these guys got smoked in our house after going up 3-0 in the series. A real pant-shitter of a game.

I really feel sorry for people who paid a lot of money to see this game - that was a HORRIBLE effort in front of the fans.

I turned down a free ticket to this game today. Smart decision. I didn't pay $8 for a beer to see a loss in front of my TV either. $8 for six pack at home was a lot easier to swallow seeing this garbage and that was garbage. Stalock's audition earned him the next start though. At least someone showed up.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarett's Stool - what a foul piece of smelly fucking shit. Elbow to Vlasic's head. League gonna do something?

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyle is very touchy in post game interviews. WOW!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarett's Stool - what a foul piece of smelly fucking shit. Elbow to Vlasic's head. League gonna do something?

Of course not because its a sharks player getting injured, no different then when Raffi destroyed Michaleks brains.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not because its a sharks player getting injured, no different then when Raffi destroyed Michaleks brains.

Now saying it is an upper body injury to Vlasic. Earlier Heddy and Bakes thought it was leg injury before. If it is upper body, they are now thinking a concussion from Stool's elbow. Hmmmm. We'll see. Ironic last year Raffi's phantom hit to Stool's head gets a whole series. Stool is the last guy who should be doing that. Now TMac is saying it was Stool's elbow. League needs to flush Stool out of Game 6.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now saying it is an upper body injury to Vlasic. Earlier Heddy and Bakes thought it was leg injury before. If it is upper body, they are now thinking a concussion from Stool's elbow. Hmmmm. We'll see. Ironic last year Raffi's phantom hit to Stool's head gets a whole series. Stool is the last guy who should be doing that. Now TMac is saying it was Stool's elbow. League needs to flush Stool out of Game 6.

they wont, its a moot point. league doesnt care about san jose they've proven that time and time again, i dont expect it to change either

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got home form the "game"... here are the quick thoughts:

obviously, that was 60 minutes of domination. Most games have at least some ebb and flow, but that was all ebb. Now a bit more detailed...

1. Mclellan and the top 5 have arguably the greatest test in franchise history coming up over the next hopefully one (maybe two) games. I use franchise history absolutely on purpose because losing the next two would be historic. Only 3 have done so in the history of the NHL, so yes, this is a franchise turning point.

Also, Jumbo and patty arent getting younger. Jumbo especially is quickly cementing one of the most ignominious legacies any pro athete can have.

Now, most years the onus is on the top 2 lines to lead the team and the sharks especially have been extremely top heavy. Thus, when the annual playoff collapse happens, the top 6 bear the brunt but the lack of depth also provides an out for those guys. Well, this year the bottom 6 has allowed the sharks to win both game 2 and game 3 (game 2 because they were gutting shutout before 3 goals by non-top 6 forwards and game 3 because if nieto and hertl dont score, patty never gets a chance in OT). If not for the depth players, the sharks would be out in 5 themselves.

Right now, Jumbo's line is the worst of all four lines. Worst in just about every facet of the game from physicality to defense, from PP's to EV scoring. Joe thornton, the sharks "best" player is -3. he has just 2 EV points and the PP is a so-so 17% in the series, but one of those was jumbo's own garbage 7-2 goal. Simply put, the sharks top players suck. They are lucky to be in the series (they being the sharks top 6 not the team overall) thanks to the depth players. However, They have two games to redeem themselves.

2. Nemo. Mclellan shoulda benched him 2 months before the playoffs. However, Mclellan has a ton of faith in his guys. All the power to him, but Nemo may have the worst numbers of sharks gailie in the their playoff history. He has given up a softie in every game thus far, and he too is lucky to still be in the playoffs. How many years did nabby play where the team in front just couldnt score. Well, nemob has gotten more goal support than any goalie and he sucks. However, throwing in stalock now is real tough. I think they should, but Al should have been the reigns to make him ready for this action, not thrown in because of predictable nemo struggles.

3. Todd has this year to prove to me that he shouldnt be canned. He's not a bad coach. He is a respectable guy. BUT, he did not have his guys ready to work, and he is so stubborn rewarding the top players with all the PP time, when they suck at EV and PP. And for god's sake, what the fuck is dan boyle still doing out there on the PP? He is painful to watch and his career is so obviously over.

HOWEVER, they are up 3-2, which prior to the series starting, I would have gladly taken. They need one win to silence this post (until round two). This is the gut check time and the real mettle test of the franchise players. I really hope, for the sake of my sanity, that they actually try and maybe win a game. Their lack of physicality and effort tonight was amazing, but if they come out hard in LA and win, then it's forgotten.

Hopefully pickles is OK, as I dont think they stand a chance without him.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just got home form the "game"... here are the quick thoughts:

obviously, that was 60 minutes of domination. Most games have at least some ebb and flow, but that was all ebb. Now a bit more detailed...

1. Mclellan and the top 5 have arguably the greatest test in franchise history coming up over the next hopefully one (maybe two) games. I use franchise history absolutely on purpose because losing the next two would be historic. Only 3 have done so in the history of the NHL, so yes, this is a franchise turning point.

Also, Jumbo and patty arent getting younger. Jumbo especially is quickly cementing one of the most ignominious legacies any pro athete can have.

Now, most years the onus is on the top 2 lines to lead the team and the sharks especially have been extremely top heavy. Thus, when the annual playoff collapse happens, the top 6 bear the brunt but the lack of depth also provides an out for those guys. Well, this year the bottom 6 has allowed the sharks to win both game 2 and game 3 (game 2 because they were gutting shutout before 3 goals by non-top 6 forwards and game 3 because if nieto and hertl dont score, patty never gets a chance in OT). If not for the depth players, the sharks would be out in 5 themselves.

Right now, Jumbo's line is the worst of all four lines. Worst in just about every facet of the game from physicality to defense, from PP's to EV scoring. Joe thornton, the sharks "best" player is -3. he has just 2 EV points and the PP is a so-so 17% in the series, but one of those was jumbo's own garbage 7-2 goal. Simply put, the sharks top players suck. They are lucky to be in the series (they being the sharks top 6 not the team overall) thanks to the depth players. However, They have two games to redeem themselves.

2. Nemo. Mclellan shoulda benched him 2 months before the playoffs. However, Mclellan has a ton of faith in his guys. All the power to him, but Nemo may have the worst numbers of sharks gailie in the their playoff history. He has given up a softie in every game thus far, and he too is lucky to still be in the playoffs. How many years did nabby play where the team in front just couldnt score. Well, nemob has gotten more goal support than any goalie and he sucks. However, throwing in stalock now is real tough. I think they should, but Al should have been the reigns to make him ready for this action, not thrown in because of predictable nemo struggles.

3. Todd has this year to prove to me that he shouldnt be canned. He's not a bad coach. He is a respectable guy. BUT, he did not have his guys ready to work, and he is so stubborn rewarding the top players with all the PP time, when they suck at EV and PP. And for god's sake, what the fuck is dan boyle still doing out there on the PP? He is painful to watch and his career is so obviously over.

HOWEVER, they are up 3-2, which prior to the series starting, I would have gladly taken. They need one win to silence this post (until round two). This is the gut check time and the real mettle test of the franchise players. I really hope, for the sake of my sanity, that they actually try and maybe win a game. Their lack of physicality and effort tonight was amazing, but if they come out hard in LA and win, then it's forgotten.

Hopefully pickles is OK, as I dont think they stand a chance without him.

As for starting Al over Nemo it has to happen sooner or later and as a coach you have to give your team the best chance to win and its not with Nemo. Marty Brouduer, Patrick Roy, Ken Dryden, and Cam Ward all came in and took over in the same situations and went on to win cups except for Brouduer.

The teams play sadly is a reflection of their complete lack of confidence in Nemo, they simply cant trust him so they have it in the back of their minds they have to work on getting back just as hard as going to forward. You cant play that way, its impossible to go forward when your worried about having to go backwards to pick up the slack for your shit hole goalie.

Stalock starts game 6 the sharks have a chance to win, and if you notice when hes in net their play picked up considerably because they know they can trust him

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home from that fucking monkey shit show that I think was a Sharks playoff game.

The atmosphere before the game was electric in the arena, but once the puck was dropped you could see the Sharks were not mentally ready and they had no legs. Once LA scored all the air was sucked out of the game and the sharks lost any confidence they had in Niemi.

This was the first time I left a sharks game early and this was a Fucking Playoff game, I think? My damn ticket said it was a playoff ticket signs everywhere inside arena saying this is playoffs, but the effort I saw tonight was FUCKING PATHETIC AND POOR DISPLAY OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS.

:burt: I left after the 2nd period ended and I can't comment on how the 3rd looked, but from what I saw all I can say is PATHETIC EFFORT.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As for starting Al over Nemo it has to happen sooner or later and as a coach you have to give your team the best chance to win and its not with Nemo. Marty Brouduer, Patrick Roy, Ken Dryden, and Cam Ward all came in and took over in the same situations and went on to win cups except for Brouduer.

The teams play sadly is a reflection of their complete lack of confidence in Nemo, they simply cant trust him so they have it in the back of their minds they have to work on getting back just as hard as going to forward. You cant play that way, its impossible to go forward when your worried about having to go backwards to pick up the slack for your shit hole goalie.

Stalock starts game 6 the sharks have a chance to win, and if you notice when hes in net their play picked up considerably because they know they can trust him

yes, though the issue for me is that is a tough tough way to get you first NHL PO start... still it will be interesting.

This game though was not nemo. This was a full team effort, but I really key in on jumbo's line. They had a terrible goal scored against them, the second, all because of an unreal lazy backcheck. If I recall correctly, it really shoulda been a 3 on 3, but the forwards didnt feel like it. The effort just wasnt there. Bad bounces happen, tough plays. But not trying and not skating is not a bad bounce or bad luck, its flat lazy. I cant believe tmac gave that line another shift a minute later. If I were the coach and one of my lines just didnt feel like trying, I would bench them for a while. Tmac does not send messages to his beloved "leadership". His leadership is currently the #1 worst skater on the entire team this series. When your "captain" is the worst player on the team and the coach is backing up his lack of effort, it sure wold demoralize me if I were in that dressing room watching.

Today, Patty was right there next to Joe as the worst. Now, for him, today was more hte exception as he has been pretty solid. But, leading the team in giveaways sucks, and the big one was the PP to start the third. That giveaway followed by the burns trip penalty epitomized the effort for the top liners. Those guys better respond in LA...

Doug Wilson as well better be watching real closely. You want character and heart, then you cant make NHL choking history. They are still a long way from that title, but dougie had better be watching. His beloved lover twins need to prove themselves, or it will get that much harder to celebrate the next hall of famer that jumbo passes in meaningless regular season assists and points.

Publicly sucking off his franchise players and defending their limpy tiny dicks will get awfully tricky...

p.s.: can you tell Im a bit bitter after watching this garbage?

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the game and now I want my money back.

The only bright point of the game was at the end of the first when Couture and Torres started hitting guys like it was a playoff game but all that momentum went away at the beginning of the 2nd when Niemi gave up a weak goal. Niemi sucks bad. There's no winning a Cup with him playing like this.

It was the quietest playoff game I've ever been to. Shameful display.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it time for Havlat, Kennedy, Irwin to make a playoff appearance?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the game and now I want my money back.

The only bright point of the game was at the end of the first when Couture and Torres started hitting guys like it was a playoff game but all that momentum went away at the beginning of the 2nd when Niemi gave up a weak goal. Niemi sucks bad. There's no winning a Cup with him playing like this.

It was the quietest playoff game I've ever been to. Shameful display.

YUUUUUP!

Felt like a sucker when I left this game.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they wont, its a moot point. league doesnt care about san jose they've proven that time and time again, i dont expect it to change either

The league office is fucking scumbag garbage, just like Stoll. The Sharks effort in Game 5 was criminally disgusting and sickening in front of the home fans. Let the well-deserved firings in the organization begin if they manage to blow a 3-0 series lead.