• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #2 - Virginia Tech at East Carolina

HokieStone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty obvious they will stack the box and make us throw the ball under pressure. LT needs to be money this weekend. Quick passing game to open up the run!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty obvious they will stack the box and make us throw the ball under pressure. LT needs to be money this weekend. Quick passing game to open up the run!

The major problem for ECU is that their front seven (DLs + LBs = 249 average per man), is outweighed by Tech's front seven (OLs + WRs +TE = 273 average per man). I'm thinking we'll test ECU early with a few running plays between the tackles to find out how well stacking the box is going to work because I don't think they'll stop us any better than they stopped USC-E. ECU gave up 220 rushing yards to USC-E, along with 131 passing yards. The USC-E yardage is a little misleading because most of the time USC-E was operating from a short field after ECU turnovers.

Once we get the running game working, I'd go with play-action to see if we can't get one of our WRs isolated on an ECU CB/DB, or get Wilson/Dunn isolated on an LB.

If ECU does manage to make stacking the box work, my guess is we'll do a few quick slants, quick outs, and bubble screens to counter.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanna see one screen pass to David Wilson. Is that too much to ask for?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I get what your saying and agree that LT will have to deal with pressure mostly from the blitz, but i dont think you really have to put the game solely on his shoulders. Wilson is a good enough RB that he should be able to counter some of their blitz with his legs, if they are bringing pressure on the inside he is quick enough to bounce it out and get the edge, also powerful enough to slip a LB in the backfield. IMO if the RB's and OL play up to par, we really only need a steady performance from LT to get the win.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanna see one screen pass to David Wilson. Is that too much to ask for?

I think with Logan Thomas being asked to do more in this game than he was vs App State, CMOC will want him to get into rhythm. And as we saw last week, this was done with short bubble screens and such. Sooner or later that has to lead to a pass to DW (hopefully sooner!)

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Logan Thomas being asked to do more in this game than he was vs App State, CMOC will want him to get into rhythm. And as we saw last week, this was done with short bubble screens and such. Sooner or later that has to lead to a pass to DW (hopefully sooner!)

Welcome to the board! You're right. O'Cain said that he is going to open the playbook up more this week for LT. I expect he's going to open the playbook a little more each game to ease him into ACC play. It's only a matter of time before we see a DW screen pass, which should tear through ECU.

I'm fully expecting DW to be able to put up similar stats this week as last week. Somewhere in the 150 rush yard 2 td range. Even if they pack the box, the ECU run defense is still awful.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fully expecting DW to be able to put up similar stats this week as last week. Somewhere in the 150 rush yard 2 td range. Even if they pack the box, the ECU run defense is still awful.

Can't argue with that. My question is, how gaudy do you anticipate LT's stats to be? I fully expect us to pound away with DW and JO and be effective at it. I can also see LT with better numbers than last week. Something in the 12/20 for 180 range

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with that. My question is, how gaudy do you anticipate LT's stats to be? I fully expect us to pound away with DW and JO and be effective at it. I can also see LT with better numbers than last week. Something in the 12/20 for 180 range

I could see his numbers being higher because we should see the starters in the whole game, or at least until the 4th quarter. ECU's offense will make this game competitive.

Also, it looks like Beamer is getting this team prepared for the ECU crowd. They are opening up a new endzone which increases their attendance by about 7,000, and I believe they have sold out the game. Their crowd will be ready

collinjcarroll Collin Carroll
Practiced in field house w/white noise blaring from speakers 2 prepare 4 ECU. Expected a little girl 2 tap my shoulder & say "Theyre heeere"

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the O line blocks well I could see DW having 200 yards.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For those of you looking for TV coverage of the game check Twitter tomorrow am because that's the only place VTPhreak posts now....

VTPhreak4evr VTPhreak
Link for the game will be posted tomorrow morning. Stay tuned.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For those going to the game, the weather in Greenville, NC tomorrow afternoon will be clear and sunny with temps in the mid-80s. No rain is forecast.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's the live link for those who can't get the VT-ECU game through normal means.

VTPhreak4evr VTPhreak
For those who need it: VT vs. ECU live online @ 3:30:
http://vtforlife.com/

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the live link for those who can't get the VT-ECU game through normal means.

VTPhreak4evr VTPhreak
For those who need it: VT vs. ECU live online @ 3:30:
http://vtforlife.com/

ty.. unfortunately looks like they're going to finish the iowa/iowa st game first.. those bastards going to OT..

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why couldn't they just go for 2 and the win?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally cheering for the Iowa defense right now.