• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 2 - New Jersey Devils at Philadelphia Flyers(10-9-14): 7:00pm EST

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but but but

its early

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

this franchise is embarrassing

I called it last night, how long will the winless start to a season last this time?

but hey, keep on blindly cheering them on. Such a championship pedigree

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have perfected 'the choke', but it's early. They'll be in the playoffs.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta ask why the whole team is getting bashed except Steve Mason...

Flyers outshot the Devils 39-26 (outshot the Devils in every period in fact) while Mason gave up some goals that people criticize MAF for all the time. Not saying Mason cost the Flyers the game, but isn't 4 goals enough for a goalie to win the game? That GW goal by Zubrus was all on Mason IMO. There was no where for Zubrus to go but shortside and Mason gave it to him. IDK, I'm not trying to sh*t on Mason, but I think he deserves as much blame as any other Flyer for this game.

I'll also admit I didn't watch the whole game, I only saw the highlights. Maybe someone could fill me in?
:noidea:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Zubrus goal is probably the only one on Mase he was left to hang or had horrendous bounces on all the rest. Team D was not there tonight...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Zubrus goal is probably the only one on Mase he was left to hang or had horrendous bounces on all the rest. Team D was not there tonight...

That makes sense, that was a funny bounce on the Jagr to Cammalleri goal.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see the game because of work. 0-2 start is beginning to look like last year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see the game because of work. 0-2 start is beginning to look like last year.

I don't think it's as bad as last year, they couldn't score goals last season. This year they can't make stops at the end of the game which is probably due to injured defensemen more than anything. Just gotta weather the storm & wait for momentum to swing their way. I guess that starts with finding someone to pick up Coburn's spot.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta ask why the whole team is getting bashed except Steve Mason...

Flyers outshot the Devils 39-26 (outshot the Devils in every period in fact) while Mason gave up some goals that people criticize MAF for all the time. Not saying Mason cost the Flyers the game, but isn't 4 goals enough for a goalie to win the game? That GW goal by Zubrus was all on Mason IMO. There was no where for Zubrus to go but shortside and Mason gave it to him. IDK, I'm not trying to sh*t on Mason, but I think he deserves as much blame as any other Flyer for this game.

I'll also admit I didn't watch the whole game, I only saw the highlights. Maybe someone could fill me in?
:noidea:

I agree w/ the bold. Not a whole lot more the D could do there, he's gotta stop that one. 2 were deflections (tough to stop), one was a guy left wide open in the middle again, and the 1st one vinny screened mason perfectly. he leaned to his left to get a look and ryder shot to his right in to a gaping hole.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but but but

its early

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

this franchise is embarrassing

I called it last night, how long will the winless start to a season last this time?

but hey, keep on blindly cheering them on. Such a championship pedigree

pretty distinct difference between blindly cheering them on and discussing the outcome of the game like a rational person.

but hey, keep watching and ragging on them like that makes good sense. if you don't like the team, don't watch the team. it's what every other fair weather / bandwagon fan does. why cant you be like them?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty distinct difference between blindly cheering them on and discussing the outcome of the game like a rational person.

but hey, keep watching and ragging on them like that makes good sense. if you don't like the team, don't watch the team. it's what every other fair weather / bandwagon fan does. why cant you be like them?

:agree::agree::agree:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mase needs to play better than he did yesterday. If he could play every night like he did in Boston we would be fine.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ the bold. Not a whole lot more the D could do there, he's gotta stop that one. 2 were deflections (tough to stop), one was a guy left wide open in the middle again, and the 1st one vinny screened mason perfectly. he leaned to his left to get a look and ryder shot to his right in to a gaping hole.

Yeah where was the D on the Elias goal? They left him wide open in front of the net.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah where was the D on the Elias goal? They left him wide open in front of the net.

that was just a mess. Del Zotto slowed the play down at the blueline and when that happened it seemed like everyone just stopped playing except Giroux, who had to defend a 2 on 1 down low by himself. Voracek was drifting around the blueline and I'm not sure where everyone else was.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was just a mess. Del Zotto slowed the play down at the blueline and when that happened it seemed like everyone just stopped playing except Giroux, who had to defend a 2 on 1 down low by himself. Voracek was drifting around the blueline and I'm not sure where everyone else was.

Del Zotto, figures :doh:

At least he wasn't alone there tho.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Del Zotto, figures :doh:

At least he wasn't alone there tho.

I actually liked Del Zotto's game for the most part last night. His defense wasn't great, but it wasn't horrific either. And he was pretty dynamic offensively. It's the risk you take when you throw an offensive minded guy out there on defense. You want possession and offensive zone time, you're going to get guys that get beat defensively. The one's that can do both make 8 mil/year.

Hopefully most fans can see that, because Ghost is going to be the same way when he comes up.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually liked Del Zotto's game for the most part last night. His defense wasn't great, but it wasn't horrific either. And he was pretty dynamic offensively. It's the risk you take when you throw an offensive minded guy out there on defense. You want possession and offensive zone time, you're going to get guys that get beat defensively. The one's that can do both make 8 mil/year.

Hopefully most fans can see that, because Ghost is going to be the same way when he comes up.

True, 2 way dmen make big bucks in this league.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's like the fan from Major League.

"The Tribe stink!"

"Go home you bums!"

"OMG it's the WILD THING!"

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, 2 way dmen make big bucks in this league.

Yup. Playing Del Zotto you're counting on his partner to be a stud defensively. And Schenn was not last night. Hopefully he can improve. I actually think Coburn would be a real good partner for DZ. He's got the speed to recover for both of them and he's pretty stout defensively. Unfortunately that's off the table anyway.

I think there's a lot riding on the Schenn Bros right now. Both of them need to step up in a big way.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Playing Del Zotto you're counting on his partner to be a stud defensively. And Schenn was not last night. Hopefully he can improve. I actually think Coburn would be a real good partner for DZ. He's got the speed to recover for both of them and he's pretty stout defensively. Unfortunately that's off the table anyway.

I think there's a lot riding on the Schenn Bros right now. Both of them need to step up in a big way.

True, Schenn bros need to pick it up, especially Luke. Losing Timonen is bad enough, now Coburn. Some dman really needs to find a way to elevate their game. Good luck you guys, I think it will be tough early on but hopefully the team adjusts before Coburn gets back.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing any D right now is a recipe for disaster but to be honest it wasn't all on the D IMO team D needs to improve although last night they were down so fast everything went out the window! Devs had major puck luck...