• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #14 - Sugar Bowl, VT vs. Michigan

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here thinks that Pat Forde, Bruce Feldman, Darren Rovell etc... (all of which, I actually like) will report this now......

They won't......

Quite frankly I don't care if they do or don't. Really the only thing that needs to happen is the team needs to show up on Jan 3rd and beat the ever living bejebus out of Michigan.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
images

seen the maroon and orange ones on twitter. (not sure if they say muck fichigan)

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

seen the maroon and orange ones on twitter. (not sure if they say muck fichigan)

While i think they are funny and chuckled when i saw them i still hope our fans don't show up wearing those. VT fans are considered one of the more friendly fan bases and passionate ones and those shirts reflect something an SEC school would wear. Not to be up tight or anything like the Arrogant Asses in Ann Arbor (for you fellow OSU fans) but i still think we are a better group than that. I think the whore part is what did it. I wouldn't want anyone bashing BBurg.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm sad to report that I won't be in attendance this go around. Too many other things to complete around here. Younger brother is picking up the torch for booze consumption and fan noise. I'll be glued to the TV, annoying the wife by being far too invested in the game, and hoping for a victory.

Go Hokies!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sounds like Michigan has a few injuries heading into the game 2nd string DE Nathan Brink will not play and #1 DT Heininger is questionable. Any idea how we look in injuries?

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think our players are being fed well enough....

@4stillRunning
David E. Wilson
Is this the top of the shelf breakfast they was talm bout
Ah7HMRPCMAA0_IP.jpg

If DW didn't want to leave before... he does now.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Phreak video

[YOUTUBE]BRXlrrJb-PE[/YOUTUBE]

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just now hearing Cris Hill sustained an MCL injury last week and may not play. I guess this means Fuller moves back and Tweedy is back in as a starter?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think our players are being fed well enough....

@4stillRunning
David E. Wilson
Is this the top of the shelf breakfast they was talm bout
Ah7HMRPCMAA0_IP.jpg

If DW didn't want to leave before... he does now.

WHAT? Wilson doesn't know what he's talking about. That's some high quality food. You can tell from the cow playing a saxophone on the label. Classy shit right there.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbie is backtracking

Think Herbie will catch some backlash at the pregame Sugar bowl show?? Probably. Look like he is trying to backtrack/clarify now...

Herbstreit says criticism was aimed at BCS system, not Tech - Roanoke.com

I think most of us realized what he was trying to say and that he is not a VT hater. My thoughts are don't be bitching about how the BCS is to the media and the fans. Somebody like him has enough pull to be heard. Get some of these talking heads to go to the meetings and put their word in and something may start to change. I still don't feel sorry for BSU or KSU and still don't give a damn. (A little of topic I know, had to get it off my chest).

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with Carroll, on some level. The gifts and cash and beach week mentality is not what makes the players and teams complacent.

It is the fact that the bowl game doesn't mean shit. I have talked to players. The ACC Championship game is the biggest game to them, followed by Virginia and Miami....then maybe the bowl. It is a fucking exhibition. Winning is meaningless in the grand scheme and until it does matter (playoff) it will be treated as such.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collin is a damn good writer. I think the complacency is a combination of everything mentioned: the insignificance of bowl games (for the players), the money, and the events. I know that these players should be able to focus, but with those distractions and a full week to have fun, I'd have a hard time not slipping.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll is an awesome writer and has a huge future ahead of him in media. I really hope that he stays involved with Virginia tech for a long long time because he is so good and fun to read or listen to.
He is already involved in the basketball games.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
While I agree with Carroll, on some level. The gifts and cash and beach week mentality is not what makes the players and teams complacent.

It is the fact that the bowl game doesn't mean shit. I have talked to players. The ACC Championship game is the biggest game to them, followed by Virginia and Miami....then maybe the bowl. It is a fucking exhibition. Winning is meaningless in the grand scheme and until it does matter (playoff) it will be treated as such.

Collin is a damn good writer. I think the complacency is a combination of everything mentioned: the insignificance of bowl games (for the players), the money, and the events. I know that these players should be able to focus, but with those distractions and a full week to have fun, I'd have a hard time not slipping.

I agree with both of you guys. Let me also just throw in the fact that these guys havnt played a football game in an entire month. IMO the bowl season is far too long, I've always thought the bowl season should end with the NC played on NYE.