• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Galvis to return in 2 weeks

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galvis is on the mend and will need 2 weeks of reconditioning. Hernandez is now projected to be a utily man at 2nd and third base. Mayberry,Gwnn and Abreu are fighting for reserve outfielder slots. It is possible that all the above will be on the team for at least the first 2 weeks. But that will only happen if the Phillies start out with a 4 man starter option or until Galvis returns. Also I just heard that the Nationals signed Frandsen to a I year major league contract as a utility player. The Phillies bench looks good to me with the exception of the weak hitting Nieves. IMO.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galvis is on the mend and will need 2 weeks of reconditioning. Hernandez is now projected to be a utily man at 2nd and third base. Mayberry,Gwnn and Abreu are fighting for reserve outfielder slots. It is possible that all the above will be on the team for at least the first 2 weeks. But that will only happen if the Phillies start out with a 4 man starter option or until Galvis returns. Also I just heard that the Nationals signed Frandsen to a I year major league contract as a utility player. The Phillies bench looks good to me with the exception of the weak hitting Nieves. IMO.

I don't think the bench is very strong but it could be worse. I hope they do indeed go with a 4 man rotation. No need for Manship/Buchanan the first 2 weeks of the season.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Phillies might start the season with 5 starters after all. The Just released Abreu so he can find another team. That means Gwnn and Mayberry will be the reserve outfielders. I guess they just wanted more speed and defense in place of a guy who gets on base.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were they expecting from an old, slow, used up Abreu in the first place?