• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FWIW GSW

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Orlando, I'm not taking Curry at this point. That ankle is too flimsy. He could very well rest and come back better than ever but at this point it makes little sense for Orlando to trade away a top 5 player for a guy with injury concerns. I'd want Ellis or the deal is off

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make it happen! See ya Curry. Howard has mentioned Ellis as a player he would like to play with.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hell yes, as long as we hold onto Steph, Udoh, and Thompson. They can have anyone else they want.

I would trade any and all of those guys for a shot at Dwight Howard. None of those mentioned are superstars. Howard absolutely is.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade any and all of those guys for a shot at Dwight Howard. None of those mentioned are superstars. Howard absolutely is.

+1. Also, no deal would get done without at least two of those three, anyway. When a team doesn't have picks that they can give up, they have to give up rookies or second-year players. It's a bummer when that is for a rental, but what a rental!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1. Also, no deal would get done without at least two of those three, anyway. When a team doesn't have picks that they can give up, they have to give up rookies or second-year players. It's a bummer when that is for a rental, but what a rental!

Not so sure about that. The key point for the Magic is assuming Hedo's ugly contract.

Orlando would be sending out 28.5MM in contract for the 11/12 season with Howard and Turk. They'd need to take at least $22.72MM back (unless the new CBA changes the way deals work, or my math is off).

Assuming that, they would have to take two of the following: Lee, Beans, Monta, Brown. The smallest contracts would be Beans and Brown, which would leave them 6.7MM shy. They could take Udoh and Curry and be pretty close. They'd still have room to take Thompson too.

That would be: Beans, Brown, Udoh, Curry, Thompson for

Howard and Turkoglu.

I suppose the Magic could immediately amnesty Beans, but they'd need to find two roster spots.

I'd imagine the Magic would opt for Ellis, Beans, and Udoh. Plus a first rounder.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure about that. The key point for the Magic is assuming Hedo's ugly contract.

Orlando would be sending out 28.5MM in contract for the 11/12 season with Howard and Turk. They'd need to take at least $22.72MM back (unless the new CBA changes the way deals work, or my math is off).

Assuming that, they would have to take two of the following: Lee, Beans, Monta, Brown. The smallest contracts would be Beans and Brown, which would leave them 6.7MM shy. They could take Udoh and Curry and be pretty close. They'd still have room to take Thompson too.

Howard and Turkoglu.

I suppose the Magic could immediately amnesty Beans, but they'd need to find two roster spots.

I'd imagine the Magic would opt for Ellis, Beans, and Udoh. Plus a first rounder.

Where do we sign?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Howard and Turkoglu.

In 2014? I don't think that is good enough. Your first proposal would work money and talent-wise, but that uses all three of the players that you wanted to hold on to, thus proving the point that it would take at least two of those three to get a deal done. Ellis, Udoh, Thompson and Beans might be enough talent for the Magic, but again, that's two out of the three. Basically, there are no untouchables, and it's a big risk because Howard might not re-sign. The Dubs would have to hope that the extra $30 mil he would get is enough because any trade will leave them without at least two of either Curry/Ellis, Udoh or Thompson.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2014? I don't think that is good enough. Your first proposal would work money and talent-wise, but that uses all three of the players that you wanted to hold on to, thus proving the point that it would take at least two of those three to get a deal done. Ellis, Udoh, Thompson and Beans might be enough talent for the Magic, but again, that's two out of the three. Basically, there are no untouchables, and it's a big risk because Howard might not re-sign. The Dubs would have to hope that the extra $30 mil he would get is enough because any trade will leave them without at least two of either Curry/Ellis, Udoh or Thompson.

I don't consider that a real big risk. He'd have to leave $30MM on the table to do that. At worst, if he left, we'd be able to S&T him and get someone to take Turkoglu's contract. That'd only leave us with Avi and Bean's stinkers (assuming the Magic take Ellis in the deal).

I'd do it. I all for blowing up this fucking useless roster anyway.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Howard and Turkoglu.

Nope. The amnesty provision is only open to players who were on a team's roster when the 2011-2012 season began.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Superman can want Monta in Orlando all he wants. That roster is total crap if you exclude him. There's not a player on that team I would trade for to get rid of _avid Lee, and y'all know what I think of him.

I posted the wrong one. I meant to post this one
Dwight Howard AKA The Superman playing in Moscow - YouTube
watch the whole thing or skip to 2:00 to see him name the 5 players he would like to play with, as well as really liking Ellis.