• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Post: The NFL should let its players smoke pot

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: Congratulations for proving my point. The link I have provides sources and examines exactly what pot does to your system, none of it good.

No, most of what it states does not have an academic source behind it. The only actual real source it provides it freely admits has been contradicted by multiple other studies on the subject.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reasonable person would agree with you, Southie. Damn man, if I knew you were that old, I'd have been more respectful. :D

I'm not "that old"
You can only be young once but you can be immature forever!

Respect is over-rated. I like it the way it is, Hammer. Let's continue to disagree.

By the way, I'm looking at a position in San Diego, We might be neighbors.....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I survived the 60's without smoking anything. Many around me did. I have seen many pot smokers waste their lives because of being high. I cannot be convinced that it is good for you

I don't care if they legalize it as long as they solve the issue of preventing driving while high.
I don't think it's any worse for you then alcohol.
My biggest issue with pot being illegal is the prisons are full of convicted black pot smokers. This is another means of oppression. It has been happening for many years. We can not and should not allow a rascist police system to use pot as an excuse to incarcerate young blacks. Our prisons are full of now institutionallized blacks.
For the record, I am conservative and white and have never used pot.

What you don't see is the large number of people who are more productive due to their habit, because the knowledge that they smoke being out there is harmful.

You also ignore that those people would have found a different way to ruin their lives if they'd never taken one hit. People who let things run their lives will find a vice regardless of what you take away.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pot should be completely legal. I thought that decades ago and still think so. Our countries drug policy has been a joke.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep incarcerating people and made it a big for profit business, that's an abomination.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you work for a Colorado employer, smoking pot is mandatory.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't see is the large number of people who are more productive due to their habit, because the knowledge that they smoke being out there is harmful.

You also ignore that those people would have found a different way to ruin their lives if they'd never taken one hit. People who let things run their lives will find a vice regardless of what you take away.

Actually JDM, what you don't see is what I have seen over an extended period of time. You are too young to have seen the long term.

I have seen many smoke when young and quit.
I have seen many smoke and settle into a life with less achievment
I have seen many self-medicate instead of getting help
I have seen the market go from the hippy in the house on the end of the steet become the blacked out lexus who will help you find a better high.

I have heard all the arguments for MANY years. I have personally observed lives play out over a lifetime.
This is not a simple problem or decision. Most of the opinions I hear voiced take into account one side or the other. I'll keep my opinion which is based on watching many decades of watching pot smokers.
You want it legal? Be careful what you wish for.

I offered a guy in North Carolina a job paying $160,000 a year. He was a perfect fit. He was 50 yrs old and unemployed. I asked if he could "piss in a cup" He responded with, "I smoke a little weed" He could not get the job because he could not get a clearance. What a waste.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a choice. I will also never even consider a job that makes me piss in a cup. 30k and staying out of my business > 100k and babysitting what I do at home.

That doesn't mean it's ruining their life. It means that a job isn't worth giving up your privacy.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I offered a guy in North Carolina a job paying $160,000 a year. He was a perfect fit. He was 50 yrs old and unemployed. I asked if he could "piss in a cup" He responded with, "I smoke a little weed" He could not get the job because he could not get a clearance. What a waste.
You don't want an guy working for you who can't stop smoking for a month to get a job anyway. Good that you passed. A drug test should be expected these days.

Most employers rarely drug test beyond the second time (unless there is an injury).

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a choice. I will also never even consider a job that makes me piss in a cup. 30k and staying out of my business > 100k and babysitting what I do at home.

That doesn't mean it's ruining their life. It means that a job isn't worth giving up your privacy.

Ahh, you may not understand. I will never work again at a job that allows people with drugs in their system into the jobsite. I don't think you can even imagine working high rise steel construction in the 70's with guys that were on crank and pot. It was not a safe place to be.
I had the honor of warning a crane operator that if he squished a worker, I'd be the one telling him to piss in the cup. Pot smoking while running heavy lift equipment? Really?????
There are very good reasons for the cup. I'm proud to piss in it.
I could care less that you smoke, JDM, but I also like you and I don't want you to be misled.....
I think it could be legalized but I don't think it is a good choice to use.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are not good reasons for the cup, and a job isn't worth doing so.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I made my point. I'm out. I'm going to hit the showers. It is 8:00 AM and I need to get moving.
Good luck JDM. I wish you well

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you a dope? If you could make an extra 100k for you and your family a year, but " monitors what you do at home" by taking piss tests , then a waste. That explains some of your posts now. Like southie said, I dont want to work on high-rise shit and have some burnout work around me , and possibly hurt or kill someone

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoking doesn't make you a burnout.

Money isn't everything. My privacy isn't for sale at any price.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord. Can we just give JDM his own topic in The Penalty Box where he can post about weed till his eyes bleed?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I won't let idiots spread outright lies? :L

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspensions are stupid. So it's better to pop prescription pills that are highly addictive and also have long term consequences vs. smoking weed? The NFL needs to stop pretending to be the morality police and stick to worrying about fair play on the field. They obviously shouldn't promote it but testing for it is ridiculous.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I won't let idiots spread outright lies? :L

What lies? All what I posted was 100% correct.

I get it. You're a pothead/think it is cool, and think there's nothing wrong with coming to work stoned. I get it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoking doesn't make you a burnout.

Money isn't everything. My privacy isn't for sale at any price.

It will be interesting to see if your priorities change as you get older and hopefully wiser JDM.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to sell out my privacy to make money. It isn't going to happen.

It has nothing to do with what I do or don't do. I'd piss clean right now and still wouldn't even dream of taking a job with that requirement. It's not and never will be their business.