• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Post: The NFL should let its players smoke pot

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to sell out my privacy to make money. It isn't going to happen.

It has nothing to do with what I do or don't do. I'd piss clean right now and still wouldn't even dream of taking a job with that requirement. It's not and never will be their business.

Depending on the job, pissing in a cup is really more of a safety issue then a privacy issue. In the line of work your going for , it most likely never come up.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually JDM, what you don't see is what I have seen over an extended period of time. You are too young to have seen the long term.

I have seen many smoke when young and quit.
I have seen many smoke and settle into a life with less achievment
I have seen many self-medicate instead of getting help
I have seen the market go from the hippy in the house on the end of the steet become the blacked out lexus who will help you find a better high.

I have heard all the arguments for MANY years. I have personally observed lives play out over a lifetime.
This is not a simple problem or decision. Most of the opinions I hear voiced take into account one side or the other. I'll keep my opinion which is based on watching many decades of watching pot smokers.
You want it legal? Be careful what you wish for.

I offered a guy in North Carolina a job paying $160,000 a year. He was a perfect fit. He was 50 yrs old and unemployed. I asked if he could "piss in a cup" He responded with, "I smoke a little weed" He could not get the job because he could not get a clearance. What a waste.

Southie I can piss in a cup for you when can I start???

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a choice. I will also never even consider a job that makes me piss in a cup. 30k and staying out of my business > 100k and babysitting what I do at home.

That doesn't mean it's ruining their life. It means that a job isn't worth giving up your privacy.

So much for pot not destroying your though process. JDM is proof positive of the negative effects of pot smoking.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, because my privacy isn't for sale, I have a fucked up thought process?

You can't put a price on privacy. It will always be a bad deal.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the field, who gives a crap.

On the field, pot is not conducive to the nature of the game of football.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fake piss is so easy to use and very effective. Most employers send you to an outside lab where nobody watches you do the test. I passed 3-4 tests at Boeing using this stuff.

Now I'm a GC and I have my own service company. We have 7 employees, and for insurance reasons I do make them take pre-employment screening. But I smoke and this is Seattle, they probably smoke too and just cheat on the test or go a month without smoking, then spark up again. As long as they bust their ass I dont care what they do on their own time.

As far as the NFL... With the evidence that it can significantly decreases concussion swelling, it should be almost be mandatory.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, because my privacy isn't for sale, I have a fucked up thought process?

You can't put a price on privacy. It will always be a bad deal.

Part of me is laughing because it's funny. Part of me is sad because it's not.

I've seen drugs and alcohol ruin too many lives to ever advocate looser restrictions on either. Classic symptoms of people with a substance abuse problem I've observed are (and I'm not joking):

1. An inflated sense of self-importance.
2. Black and white mentality. They have a lot of trouble dealing with the many shades of gray in this world.
3. You can't tell them what to do. They always know what they're doing and have it under contol. Until the crash anyway.
4. They continually make short-sighted, self-destructive choices, and then blame everyone else but themselves when it all blows up in their face.

But don't let me get you down. Carry on.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your shit is weak, as usual. The reality is that nothing in anyone else's body is, or ever will be, under any circumstances, your business.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your shit is weak, as usual. The reality is that nothing in anyone else's body is, or ever will be, under any circumstances, your business.

If they are my employee and what they are putting in their body had any effect on what I pay them to do it is my business.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't. You can measure what you actually pay them for and pay them accordingly.

Their personal information isn't your business.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should have their own version of state's rights.

Let each individual team decide what they want to do about their stoners ...if anything.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say this...

NFL players are paid very well, sign a contract of employment with team...they should just stay clean while under contract. There will be plenty of time latter to enjoy their blunts.

This