• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future Cap Planning - Trades and Releases 2015

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. Glad you straightened that out for me.

A couple of reporters stated 26-27 mil (birkett, rogers, twentyman)

If memory serves there are some NLTBE incentive clauses in his contract that perhaps if he were to hit could jump the number to those levels. Without them I feel that I have that number correct around $24.5m

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the staggering stupidity and ignorance that dominated this board for so long appears to at least be temporarily halted I will come out of retirement and make a post on a subject that I love to talk about.

The Lions are completely backed into a corner here. The GM and team President are fighting for their jobs. It is an impossibility that they can keep those jobs if they lose Suh in FA next year for a 3rd round comp pick.

The franchise tag in 2015 is not a realistic option for the Lions. Because of the tag rules they would have to pay him a salary a little north of $15m. That actually would not be a deal breaker by itself. What would be however is the $9.5m in dead money still on his contract. We would be looking at a cap hit of approx $24.5m. This would happen in the same year that CJ's hit is in excess of $20m. It simply can not happen.

I am proud of Millenhew for his most recent actions here. If you dont like me calling him that then pay attention and learn what he has done to your team. At least by not denying the Lions having explored the trade option he does put at least some leverage back on his side. While the Lions can not afford to franchise him next year there are many other teams in the league that could at $15m. So a one year rental actually becomes a two year deal. He would have no say in where he gets traded in that case and its two years before he can explore the open market and seek the big money guaranteed contract. In addition he would no longer have any leverage to get anything more than a true market value deal for his position. This will push him back to the negotiating table and soften his stance on what he can demand. Playing this year without any more guaranteed money and then the very real possibility of being tagged next year is not what he or his agent want.

Welcome back, buddy. Let's talk some football. 10 days until the Lions' annual Superbowl.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back, buddy. Let's talk some football. 10 days until the Lions' annual Superbowl.

I make no promises of staying.

If things go back to what they were I will Brett Favre retire all over again.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I make no promises of staying.

If things go back to what they were I will Brett Favre retire all over again.

Well fuck, they only just settled down when you finally went away! :suds:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, R.I.P DJ E-Z Rock.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the staggering stupidity and ignorance that dominated this board for so long appears to at least be temporarily halted I will come out of retirement...

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!