• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck NBC

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK NBC! They have preempted the game to show 'Tornado Tracker' because there is a tornado warning in Yuba City.

If it wasn't for the internet I would not be able to watch the game.

And they keep saying "We know we are preempting the first game of the Stanley Cup finals but this is really important and potentially life threatening."

Really? A tornado WARNING is life threatening??? I wonder what other sports finals would get interrupted for this. Total bullshit.

Give me VS all day, any day...

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man that fuckin sucks dude. It's because of the sensationalism in the media that's caught like wildfire over tornaodoes this season.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't thought about that. It probably plays a big role.

But we all know the World Series or Superbowl won't get preempted for this crap. Now my 42 inch HD flat screen is turned off and I am watching the finals on a 13 inch laptop :L

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last few years before I left, the local Baltimore station pre-empted playoff games for the Preakness pre-race show. Yes, kicked off hockey to show drunk people in stupid hats getting ready to watch midgets abusing horses.

Just one of the many reasons I left.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the game and talking to my dad (near springfield) about the tornado and he got all upset. Of course earlier in the day he drove to Rhode Island to get out of the way.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
FUCK NBC! They have preempted the game to show 'Tornado Tracker' because there is a tornado warning in Yuba City.

And they keep saying "We know we are preempting the first game of the Stanley Cup finals but this is really important and potentially life threatening."

Really? A tornado WARNING is life threatening??? I wonder what other sports finals would get interrupted for this. Total bullshit.

Sorry to hear the game has been interrupted, but the station is right on. The local stations better interrupt anything when a WARNING is being issued.. a tornado watch is a different story. My two cents.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does NBC do if a tornado is about to send Heidi into the atmosphere?

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear the game has been interrupted, but the station is right on. The local stations better interrupt anything when a WARNING is being issued.. a tornado watch is a different story. My two cents.

They interupted less than halfway through the first and didn't come back to the game until the second intermission for a tornado that didn't even touch down.

There are no real tornadoes in California. A ticker along the bottom of the screen would have sufficed.

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They interupted less than halfway through the first and didn't come back to the game until the second intermission for a tornado that didn't even touch down.

There are no real tornadoes in California. A ticker along the bottom of the screen would have sufficed.

Ok, that is a bit long, they should have interrupted for the warning, and then did what you say, have a ticker along the bottom... someone wanted face time.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the local news on KCAL - that was a funnel cloud - not sure if it touched down though.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't you have 2 NBC channels? And it probably wasn't NBC but your local NBC affiliate station that interrupted the game.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the local news on KCAL - that was a funnel cloud - not sure if it touched down though.

A few tornado's touched down in Mass. In Springfield, at least 4 are dead. :(

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt that be the local affiliates doing, not NBC? Either way it sucks.

When the weekend games used to be on ABC my local ABC affiliate used to just not show them usually showing local lacrosse games that had maybe 20 people in the stadium watching them.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt that be the local affiliates doing, not NBC? Either way it sucks.

When the weekend games used to be on ABC my local ABC affiliate used to just not show them usually showing local lacrosse games that had maybe 20 people in the stadium watching them.

yep

and seattles local affiliate chose to air their local news over the cup final featuring the NHL team only 150 miles away

so much for hockey love in seattle

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats ridiculous.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
For the last few years before I left, the local Baltimore station pre-empted playoff games for the Preakness pre-race show. Yes, kicked off hockey to show drunk people in stupid hats getting ready to watch midgets abusing horses.

Just one of the many reasons I left.

lol that made me laugh