• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frustration popurri

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I found most puzzling was the Jaylon pick in Round 2. Sure he is top talent if healthy but you do not know if he will ever return to top talent form and you definitely know he will not be back this year. A pass rusher would have been most helpful with that pick

Agreed, but that is what Dallas ALWAYS does in the 2nd round. They take the guy that was a 1st round talent but slipped, for literally any reason, and draft him. Dallas FO is obsessed with trying to look smart.

Perhaps the deal is that if Jerry will keep his grubby hands off the 1st round pick then he can have the 2nd to do with what he wants. Because the 2nd round pick always stinks.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tried (unsuccessfully) to trade up to the first pick in round 2 to take that pass rusher (Ogbah). When that didn't happen, we stuck to our board and chose the guy with the most upside rather than draft for need based on the 4 games we will be without our top 2 DEs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tried (unsuccessfully) to trade up to the first pick in round 2 to take that pass rusher (Ogbah). When that didn't happen, we stuck to our board and chose the guy with the most upside rather than draft for need based on the 4 games we will be without our top 2 DEs.

I have not heard this, the only early trade I heard of was moving into the 1st for Lynch.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did, but the Browns wanted him more than what we were willing to give them for him. Here is one link, although several are out there.
Cowboys wanted to double-dip in 2nd round, also draft Oklahoma State DE Emmanuel Ogbah | SportsDay

another:
Report: Colts nearly traded up in second round of NFL Draft with Cowboys
The link doesn't say Dallas tried to trade up for Ogbah, it says Dallas wanted Ogbah with their 2nd round pick and then trade up into the 2nd for Smith.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line was we wanted Jaylon and we tried to fix the DE problem, and ultimately landed on Tapper.
Sure it would feel better to have Ogbah, Smith and Collins, but time will tell if Tapper was a good second choice.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We weren't trading up to #32 for Smith. You have to deduce that from the things floating out there that he was our intended target, and then we hoped Smith would fall enough to take him somewhere in the late second round.
Report: Cowboys Looking To Trade Up To Pick 32 In Second Round For A Pass-Rusher
All I said is I didn't hear Dallas tried to trade up for anyone other than Lynch, and the first link you provided didn't so they did either. Even this link says one target could be Spence who was there for Dallas and the took Smith.
Some draft trade stories are based on knowledge some on speculation, I think the trade you are talking about was pure speculation.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I said is I didn't hear Dallas tried to trade up for anyone other than Lynch, and the first link you provided didn't so they did either. Even this link says one target could be Spence who was there for Dallas and the took Smith.
Some draft trade stories are based on knowledge some on speculation, I think the trade you are talking about was pure speculation.
You can believe what you want to believe, I'm just stating things I've read about the subject that appear to paint a fairly clear picture of this matter. To my knowledge the Joneses never publicly addressed the report that they were trying to move up to 32, but Rapaport is a pretty solid informant on these matters. Even Cleveland Browns articles make note of an attempt on our end. 2016 NFL Draft: Cleveland Browns Pick DE Emmanuel Ogbah at No. 32 Overall
And we obviously would not have moved up to grab Spence since we passed on him anyway. Stephen even made it known publicly that between Ogbah and Smith the choice was Ogbah.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can believe what you want to believe, I'm just stating things I've read about the subject that appear to paint a fairly clear picture of this matter. To my knowledge the Joneses never publicly addressed the report that they were trying to move up to 32, but Rapaport is a pretty solid informant on these matters. Even Cleveland Browns articles make note of an attempt on our end. 2016 NFL Draft: Cleveland Browns Pick DE Emmanuel Ogbah at No. 32 Overall
And we obviously would not have moved up to grab Spence since we passed on him anyway. Stephen even made it known publicly that between Ogbah and Smith the choice was Ogbah.
One thing Jerry has a tendacy to do his publicly state he missed out on a player he really wanted.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Jerry has a tendacy to do his publicly state he missed out on a player he really wanted.

And it's such an unprofessional thing to do. A joke really. Kinda like when Zack Martin was ALL-FUCKING-PRO in his rookie season, and Jerry at the end of it was still lamenting not being able to select Johnny Crackhe.. Football, who had already began disappointing people in a big way.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was pretty much common knowledge around draft day that we tried to trade up for Ogbah. I believe it was also stated we would have traded up for Dodd

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was pretty much common knowledge around draft day that we tried to trade up for Ogbah. I believe it was also stated we would have traded up for Dodd
Dodd is the guy I wanted. I will be curious to see how he develops.