• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office @ Mgmt

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he did say the GM would choose the HC, and that MIGHT be a concern if he doesn't hire a 'tandem'? If he does go with a tandem, it already implies the GM also "chose" the HC.

agree with the bolden.

BTW - my post you responded to is poor, i was trying to say John started out ok by bringing in Walsh. IMO Jed is starting out ok by focusing on a good working relationship between himself, the GM, and HC. This doesn't guarantee anything, but his thinking is correct.

Yep...at least he's in a boat heading out to sea to find the right thing...we can only hope at this point. Like I said in a different post (or thread I can't remember), despite our franchise being a dumpster ablaze...it's gotta be a pretty intriguing option for a tandem that knows each other already. We have some pieces...a clean slate...good draft position...and a shiton of cap cash to play with. I'm crossing my fingers and my lazy eye for the best.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shanahan ends up in Denver for a number of reasons

I would think that as well but from what I've read, it seems that Vance Joseph is their top pick. Perhaps just a bad rumour.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey if Dock Ellis was able to pitch a no hitter on acid in 1970...there's a small chance that our management completely devoid of any football knowledge can get this right...and by small...I mean really small.

Well....they did hit on Harbaugh, so I guess there is that.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true...but also took a couple Casey Jones swings on the next couple. THANKS BAALKE.

Don't worry...I sent in my resume c/w some pretty impressive results I'd get playing Statis Pro Football or Stratomatic some 40 odd years ago. Now...I've done this since Walsh retired, but it's getting pretty insulting when they just gloss over my creds for someone like Tomsula......yeah I can outcoach that guy without even trying.

Given a chance, I shall make the 1980's look like a blip in history.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that as well but from what I've read, it seems that Vance Joseph is their top pick. Perhaps just a bad rumour.

I didn't hear that. cdumler who posts on the NFL Board stated last night that Shanahan was their top choice. That makes sense because they want to develop Lynch as their QB of the future and Lynch is a project. Also seems like Denver needs more work on offense. Not sure that would mesh with Vance Joseph who is a defensive coach. I also read somewhere Denver is Kyle Shanahan's favorite choice. That makes sense since Denver's roster is loaded on the defensive side and they are just removed from a Super Bowl. But we'll see

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear that. cdumler who posts on the NFL Board stated last night that Shanahan was their top choice. That makes sense because they want to develop Lynch as their QB of the future and Lynch is a project. Also seems like Denver needs more work on offense. Not sure that would mesh with Vance Joseph who is a defensive coach. I also read somewhere Denver is Kyle Shanahan's favorite choice. That makes sense since Denver's roster is loaded on the defensive side and they are just removed from a Super Bowl. But we'll see

Yea that seems about right...plus Pops had a nice little run with the team. It wouldn't break my heart that he went there instead of coming to us.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that seems about right...plus Pops had a nice little run with the team. It wouldn't break my heart that he went there instead of coming to us.

I can understand why Shanahan would take that job. HC openings at teams that are Super Bowl contenders don't come available very often. It is usually the teams that aren't contenders. I just hope we don't have to settle for a Tom Cable type.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear all that, and it's absolute logic. I'm going on the notion that Joseph was Denver's choice two years ago had they not signed Gary Kubiak. The one thing I'd say Shanahan and Denver not being a fit is that perhaps Kyle doesn't want to follow in dad's footsteps and try to repeat that success.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why Shanahan would take that job. HC openings at teams that are Super Bowl contenders don't come available very often. It is usually the teams that aren't contenders. I just hope we don't have to settle for a Tom Cable type.

Good point Patterson. I could see Kyle Shanahan going to Denver. Their defense is still very good and their struggles were on the offensive side of the ball. He could help with the development of Paxton Lynch. They have good wideouts and a couple of young RBs. The QB play really struggled with Siemian. I would really like Eliot Wolf to be the next GM. The Packers are a great example of an organization who build their team through the draft and continue to be competitive because of good selections through the drafts.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good point Patterson. I could see Kyle Shanahan going to Denver. Their defense is still very good and their struggles were on the offensive side of the ball. He could help with the development of Paxton Lynch. They have good wideouts and a couple of young RBs. The QB play really struggled with Siemian. I would really like Eliot Wolf to be the next GM. The Packers are a great example of an organization who build their team through the draft and continue to be competitive because of good selections through the drafts.

Yeah, one team who has been able to do it via the draft.

i think every team wants to build thru the draft but unless you can evaluate talent, most are not successful. Granted not every pick will hit and you need a little luck too, especially at QB. Sometimes you get REAL lucky like Wilson and Prescott.

GM's also have to evaluate potential talent on their team, and around the NFL. Everyone can see the players who are already good, but you need to project the potential ones. these are the guys you can get without breaking your cap back. These are the guys who fill the gaps between your top players.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think GB has drafted extraordinarily well in the last decade or so. They got a generational type QB which masks a lot of flaws on that team, and if it wasn't for #12, that's a 4 win team. Having said that, I'll take Teen Wolf as the next GM in a heartbeat.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think GB has drafted extraordinarily well in the last decade or so. They got a generational type QB which masks a lot of flaws on that team, and if it wasn't for #12, that's a 4 win team. Having said that, I'll take Teen Wolf as the next GM in a heartbeat.

I'll have to disagree with you. They've hit on Cobb, Adams,(both 2nd round), Janis (7th round), Micah Hyde (5th rd), Bakhtiari (4th rd), Bulaga (1st rd), Lang (4th rd), Jordy Nelson (2nd rd) and many more. Yes, they have a franchise QB, but they drafted very well on the skill position, something Baalke failed to do. Even if you take Rodgers from the team, they will win more than 4 games. I think out of there 523 players, 40 of them are draft picks. The same can't be said with the Niners. But just like you, I would love to have Eliot Wolf as the next GM.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to disagree with you. They've hit on Cobb, Adams,(both 2nd round), Janis (7th round), Micah Hyde (5th rd), Bakhtiari (4th rd), Bulaga (1st rd), Lang (4th rd), Jordy Nelson (2nd rd) and many more. Yes, they have a franchise QB, but they drafted very well on the skill position, something Baalke failed to do. Even if you take Rodgers from the team, they will win more than 4 games. I think out of there 523 players, 40 of them are draft picks. The same can't be said with the Niners. But just like you, I would love to have Eliot Wolf as the next GM.

There are some good players, but guys like Cobb and Adams I believe are more product of Rodgers than they are great talents themselves. You still see Rodgers buying immense amount of time waiting for guys to get open, so that's definitely on the receiving corps and their lack of separation.

Rodgers truly carries that team as much as any one player does for his respective team in the NFL.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some good players, but guys like Cobb and Adams I believe are more product of Rodgers than they are great talents themselves. You still see Rodgers buying immense amount of time waiting for guys to get open, so that's definitely on the receiving corps and their lack of separation.

Rodgers truly carries that team as much as any one player does for his respective team in the NFL.

Let's just agree to disagree. Adams is a talented receiver and has picked up his game this season. Packers just do a better job at evaluating talent than most teams. But let's just hope that the next GM will be from either the Packers or the Patriots, two teams that have had stability for a long period of time.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Today's rumor is Shanahan's preferred destinations are either Denver or SF

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks as if Joseph is in line to get the Broncos job and McVay will be the Rams next HC. SF may actually have a choice between Shanahan and McDaniels - which is something I didn't see coming. If it is McDaniels - who was noted to have the inside track for the job - I could warm up to a trade for Jimmy Garraappaaapppaapoolloo as long as it's not our 1st and 4th as was noted by A. Schefter.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks as if Joseph is in line to get the Broncos job and McVay will be the Rams next HC. SF may actually have a choice between Shanahan and McDaniels - which is something I didn't see coming. If it is McDaniels - who was noted to have the inside track for the job - I could warm up to a trade for Jimmy Garraappaaapppaapoolloo as long as it's not our 1st and 4th as was noted by A. Schefter.

I wonder who the GM is going to be. Not hearing much on who the favorite is. They have to wait to interview Shanahan again because of the playoffs

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who the GM is going to be. Not hearing much on who the favorite is. They have to wait to interview Shanahan again because of the playoffs

Yea...there are so many names in play at the moment and so many "this guy has the inside track" reports...I'm not even sure what their line of thought is. Ultimately, it will be the new GM's decision as to which foot this franchise will put forward first. That said...I don't like the idea of giving up high draft picks for a backup QB.