• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office @ Mgmt

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree and it really makes no sense to me. It seems like the FO does this to justify their actions. Baalke was hated by the fans so I don't understand the need to pile on. It surely doesn't look good to other NFL people. Just fire the guy and move on.

Simple - a deflection of blame. It's a complete disaster and everyone is involved, but lets do everything in our power to slide as much blame to one party as possible. If it's not Jed doing the leaks, you'd think there would be someone...anyone in his ear to get this crap shut down ASAP, as it does nothing but hurt chances in landing potential coaches and management personel.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple - a deflection of blame. It's a complete disaster and everyone is involved, but lets do everything in our power to slide as much blame to one party as possible. If it's not Jed doing the leaks, you'd think there would be someone...anyone in his ear to get this crap shut down ASAP, as it does nothing but hurt chances in landing potential coaches and management personel.

I am concerned about this also. Who is going to want to come here when they realize they could get the same treatment if things don't go well

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am concerned about this also. Who is going to want to come here when they realize they could get the same treatment if things don't go well

What if the next coach goes 3-13. Is he one and done again? The continued leaks in this organization leaves a sour taste on potential candidates. The last 40 years, Niners are the only NFL team to fire head coaches on consecutive seasons. That is a disgrace. The way Harbaugh was let go (supposedly mutual parting), Tomsula debacle and now with Chip, some candidates might not find this situation that appealing. The one good thing about this opening is that a new GM is also needed. Getting rid of Baalke was a blessing. He was here two years too long.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the next coach goes 3-13. Is he one and done again? The continued leaks in this organization leaves a sour taste on potential candidates. The last 40 years, Niners are the only NFL team to fire head coaches on consecutive seasons. That is a disgrace. The way Harbaugh was let go (supposedly mutual parting), Tomsula debacle and now with Chip, some candidates might not find this situation that appealing. The one good thing about this opening is that a new GM is also needed. Getting rid of Baalke was a blessing. He was here two years too long.

That's all on York...he trusted in Baalke and Baalke effectively pushed him around and made him his puppet. York was probably still head in the clouds after our small successful playoff run and let it happen. Now he looks all thumbs bobbling every major decision over the past 3 seasons. Hopefully this latest move is a sign of him finally listening to outside, experienced advisers. This is ripping the band-aid off all at once...it needed to happen but unfortunately it took him 3 years of mediocrity to figure it out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK, how many coaches is Jed willing to pay not to coach at one time? I think the next coach will be here for at least the next couple of years.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all on York...he trusted in Baalke and Baalke effectively pushed him around and made him his puppet. York was probably still head in the clouds after our small successful playoff run and let it happen. Now he looks all thumbs bobbling every major decision over the past 3 seasons. Hopefully this latest move is a sign of him finally listening to outside, experienced advisers. This is ripping the band-aid off all at once...it needed to happen but unfortunately it took him 3 years of mediocrity to figure it out.

I hate the leaks but if the leak is true about Baalke killing the Gase deal for Tomsula he should have been fired at the end of last year on that alone.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.************.com/article...arathe-issues-when-dabbling-football-matters/

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the leaks but if the leak is true about Baalke killing the Gase deal for Tomsula he should have been fired at the end of last year on that alone.

Like I said...all thumbs. I'm not involved in NFL business...but if someone came to me with a parallel idea in my line of work who wasn't my boss...I'd hear the conversation...then ask them if they ate paint chips as a child.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand not wanting the leaks to come out because of scaring off potential candidates.

But I'm not going to lie, I kind of like this cluster fuck. We needed this kind of implosion, and then some, if this organization is ever going to become relevant again. Let the heads roll - every incompetent piece of shit that has any connection to this organization needs to be removed immediately. Then we can rebuild from scratch.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand not wanting the leaks to come out because of scaring off potential candidates.

But I'm not going to lie, I kind of like this cluster fuck. We needed this kind of implosion, and then some, if this organization is ever going to become relevant again. Let the heads roll - every incompetent piece of shit that has any connection to this organization needs to be removed immediately. Then we can rebuild from scratch.

Yeap...it's good ol' addition by subtraction.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable is the last head coach I want. I want Cable as much as I wanted Tomsula. I am thinking they are interviewing him only because they are already up there to interview the GM candidates

I actually liked him when he was with the Raiders, that said, they're up there for the GM position. I think they'll make sure to hire an offensive HC...or strongly suggest the. Ew GM does.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the candidates the Niners are interviewing, I don't even understand having Tom Cable on the list. That is a 'when everyone else turns you down' option, and I think we can all but assume this franchise would hit a level in which it will take many many years to gain any respectability if Cable ends up being the HC.

Of all the guys I've seen mentioned as GM/HC, I guess the two tandems that most 49er fans want to see going forward are either Eliot/Shanahan or Caserio/McDaniels. At this point, I'd be happy with either combo.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the candidates the Niners are interviewing, I don't even understand having Tom Cable on the list. That is a 'when everyone else turns you down' option, and I think we can all but assume this franchise would hit a level in which it will take many many years to gain any respectability if Cable ends up being the HC.

Of all the guys I've seen mentioned as GM/HC, I guess the two tandems that most 49er fans want to see going forward are either Eliot/Shanahan or Caserio/McDaniels. At this point, I'd be happy with either combo.

Hey if Dock Ellis was able to pitch a no hitter on acid in 1970...there's a small chance that our management completely devoid of any football knowledge can get this right...and by small...I mean really small.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Shanahan ends up in Denver for a number of reasons

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers owner Jed York looking in right places for a 'winning team'

Makes sense to me, but no one is going to credit Jed for starting his search this way. This doesn't guarantee anything, and he doesn't NEED to hire an existing tandem, but saying it makes sense starting his search. Anyway, read the very last sentence too.

Just like when John started out by hiring Bill Walsh, no one credited him for that but it made perfect sense. Talking about John's first move, we all know Walsh didn't do well when he returned.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers owner Jed York looking in right places for a 'winning team'

Makes sense to me, but no one is going to credit Jed for starting his search this way. This doesn't guarantee anything, and he doesn't NEED to hire an existing tandem, but saying it makes sense starting his search. Anyway, read the very last sentence too.

Just like when John started out by hiring Bill Walsh, no one credited him for that but it made perfect sense. Talking about John's first move, we all know Walsh didn't do well when he returned.

It feels like we're shadow boxing right now...the fact that Jed & Co. keep talking to HC's and GM's at the same time is a little weird. Dork stated at the presser that he would hire a GM that would in turn Hire a HC and build the staff that way moving forward...that said...I do like where we're looking instead of doing the "he's been here a while he deserves it" or the "hell he was good in college" sorta thing.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It feels like we're shadow boxing right now...the fact that Jed & Co. keep talking to HC's and GM's at the same time is a little weird. Dork stated at the presser that he would hire a GM that would in turn Hire a HC and build the staff that way moving forward...that said...I do like where we're looking instead of doing the "he's been here a while he deserves it" or the "hell he was good in college" sorta thing.

Yeah, he did say the GM would choose the HC, and that MIGHT be a concern if he doesn't hire a 'tandem'? If he does go with a tandem, it already implies the GM also "chose" the HC.

agree with the bolden.

BTW - my post you responded to is poor, i was trying to say John started out ok by bringing in Walsh. IMO Jed is starting out ok by focusing on a good working relationship between himself, the GM, and HC. This doesn't guarantee anything, but his thinking is correct.