• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Throws & Foul Play - The New Rules Suck!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://
read somewhere earlier today that the average points per game has jumped up to 69 from last year's 67.5 for the first couple of weeks since the new foul regimen has been in place...such great news...I'm no longer miserable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games are running too long... No reason for me to add an extra hour on the dvr for a regulation game... The last georgetown game took 3 hours to play with no OT...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Cleveland state coaches, jay Williams and seth Greenberg to the list.

Honestly haven't seen anyone like the rules yet. They are foolish. Let them play. Let the games end, christ it's gona suck all year when games take so damn long and you want to watch the game after.

Fuck

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add me to the list of people that dont like the new enforcement. Cant stand watching Free Throws

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Cleveland state coaches, jay Williams and seth Greenberg to the list.

Honestly haven't seen anyone like the rules yet. They are foolish. Let them play. Let the games end, christ it's gona suck all year when games take so damn long and you want to watch the game after.

Fuck

Unless you're aware of something said that I'm not, the Cleveland State coaches were complaining about getting jobbed at Rupp, not about the new rules. Coaches complaining about home cooking at Rupp is neither new, nor relevant.

And you can add Bobby Knight to the list of people that do like the new rules. I know he's no Seth "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa how come we're in the NIT again!?!?" Greenberg, but I do trust his opinion on most things basketball related.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're aware of something said that I'm not, the Cleveland State coaches were complaining about getting jobbed at Rupp, not about the new rules. Coaches complaining about home cooking at Rupp is neither new, nor relevant.

And you can add Bobby Knight to the list of people that do like the new rules. I know he's no Seth "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa how come we're in the NIT again!?!?" Greenberg, but I do trust his opinion on most things basketball related.

No the college basketball post game show or whatever they call that dumb shit pulled up quotes of the coach bitching about the rules.

As for Bobby Knight....I put him the bottom of the totem pole with Digger and Gottleib(thank god he moved on to irrelevance)....but most aside from Bilas are idiots.

The writers trump the so called "experts"

But god this is gonna suck for late season tourneys when teams are sharing venues...game says 3:30 tip in the past it would still tip at like 4....now were looking at 4:30 at earliest.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the college basketball post game show or whatever they call that dumb shit pulled up quotes of the coach bitching about the rules.

A little googling seems to agree with you. Point withdrawn.

As for Bobby Knight....I put him the bottom of the totem pole with Digger and Gottleib(thank god he moved on to irrelevance)....but most aside from Bilas are idiots.

As far as a color guy during the game, I agree. Knight is awful. Not to mention he's a huge asshole (kinda like Gottlieb and Phelps) but I tend to respect the man's opinion as a coach. You know he coached for a year or two before ESPN hired him, right? I think his HoF career carry's a little more weight than say, a guy who couldn't keep a job as a head coach, (Greenberg) and a guy that never was a coach. (Williams) As far as Bilas goes, I think he should be President.

The writers trump the so called "experts"

What writers? What experts? And how do you figure they trump them?

But god this is gonna suck for late season tourneys when teams are sharing venues...game says 3:30 tip in the past it would still tip at like 4....now were looking at 4:30 at earliest.

I guess if players keep committing 60 fouls a game, then yeah, the games will take a lot longer. I guess I just have a little more faith in the abilities of the players and coaches to adjust than you do.

Also:

Statistics cited in The Wall Street Journal Thursday suggested the new officiating is doing what was intended. According to KPI Competition Analytics, points per game have increased 9.2 percent, the newspaper reported. As a bonus, the average length of games involving top 25 teams so far this season had decreased by four minutes. However, the newspaper suggested such games could get longer when conference play begins because there will likely be fewer blowouts.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Writers on espn...guys like Eamonn Brennan and Jason King etc... I feel they give way better insight than the "experts" who played and coached...digger, Greenberg, gottleib etc...

As for your bolded part, as it states we will have to see. When games become more evenly matched things should really heat up. It would be better to show the length of games between two top 25 teams or two similarly strengthened teams.

While I prefer higher scoring games myself...I don't want to watch 87-81 because both teams were living at the line. I know some games get their really high scores late due to the intentional foul/quick buckets for team losing by 7-9 with minute remaining and that happens every year.

Guess jury is still out, it's just gonna piss me off if games do go long and the game I wana see is on after and they keep the channel on the first one til its complete(so stupid how they do that even in a decided game).