• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agents

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. But the first team Clayton threw out this morning on Brock and Salk when talking Marshall potential landing spots was Seattle. He wouldnt do that if the cap cost was prohibitive. I'm tracking the to-do list, but chronology may not work out exactly in line with priority because we're dealing with league schedules and unique personalities that don't necessarily line up with each other. This year's cap is over $20M more than what it was just 2 seasons ago, and this FO seems to have been fairly prudent in managing it. It's true we have some dead money with Harvin and a couple extensions to figure out, but if the cost in draft picks is agreeable then I have to think Schneider and crew can figure out the contract stuff to make it work. If they value Marshall enough. I doubt it happens, but I still think the draft resource cost will be the reason moreso than the cap dollar cost.
One more thought, waiting out the big spenders in the FA market is how you strike the steal of deal signings.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cut him at that point? 1) because you don't want guys on the team who don't want to be there 100%, 2) to save $5M+ in real dollars and cap dollars that can be spent elsewhere. His act is wearing thin -- you answered your own question, really.
Answer this for me, if he retires don't we save that money as well?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer this for me, if he retires don't we save that money as well?
Sure. Really doubt he's retiring though. He's playing hard to get.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Really doubt he's retiring though. He's playing hard to get.
Well it's retire or sign. So he wants to be courted, that's not so bad.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one more comment on the to-do list: I'm not so sure extending Lynch is priority #1. He's exhibiting more and more of a self-indulgent personality, and I think there's at least a marginal chance he's cut if we hit the draft and he's still not checked into the net to tell the team what his intentions are. You only put up with that business for so long when you're talking one player on a team of 53. They'll wait on him for a while, but they won't wait forever.

Lynch is coming back. He wouldn't be promoting football in other countries and doing things like trademarking slogans if his plan was to walk off in to the sunset. Schneider said that there is an expiration date on the current offer, I would expect that date to be sometime this weekend. There is communication between Lynch and the team, and the deal has been negotiated and agreed on, just not finalized by Lynch yet. We fans get anxious about the unknowns, especially with a guy like Beast who doesn't make public statements about his intentions. But if you read between the lines, he's coming back and the organization knows it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is coming back. He wouldn't be promoting football in other countries and doing things like trademarking slogans if his plan was to walk off in to the sunset. Schneider said that there is an expiration date on the current offer, I would expect that date to be sometime this weekend. There is communication between Lynch and the team, and the deal has been negotiated and agreed on, just not finalized by Lynch yet. We fans get anxious about the unknowns, especially with a guy like Beast who doesn't make public statements about his intentions. But if you read between the lines, he's coming back and the organization knows it.
I think your right about Lynch coming back, not sure about Lynch sticking to the timeline, hope your right, that would be a relief. Then the Seahawks could move on to the next thing on their check list.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your right about Lynch coming back, not sure about Lynch sticking to the timeline, hope your right, that would be a relief. Then the Seahawks could move on to the next thing on their check list.

Maybe Suh??? Sorry, just wanted to keep the pipe dream alive:hope:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Suh??? Sorry, just wanted to keep the pipe dream alive:hope:
No buddy, and we won't be signing any big FA's this year and I am ok with that.
I just read an article reminding me that teams have to spend a certain minimum in relation to the cap and some teams will be required to spend 10's of millions of dollars in FA this year.
That is going to artificially inflate many contracts and it will be a seller's market on Tuesday.
We will have a huge draft pool and our own UFA's to sign.
We will remain a contender.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks re-sign Gregg Scruggs (most likely a 1 year deal).

from his instagram account - “Teams rarely take chances, let alone take chances after a double knee injury. Thankful to the for the opportunity to sign on another year and be the best I can be to help the team win. #GoHawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Brandon Marshall is officially up for trade. Sign me up, but a restructured contract would be necessary. I like him over most of the options listed here. If we land him, then we need to draft lineman on both sides of the ball.

Bears traded him to the Jets for a fifth round pick.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could this mean Zach Miller would be cut/moved/restructured to make this possible?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE Zach Miller & DT Jesse Williams were both cut today.

To go along with the Julius Thomas speculation, I think we are going after either him or Cameron as our only big signing FA. Pick up one of those guys and draft a beast WR, the O will have a better look for sure.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE Zach Miller & DT Jesse Williams were both cut today.

To go along with the Julius Thomas speculation, I think we are going after either him or Cameron as our only big signing FA. Pick up one of those guys and draft a beast WR, the O will have a better look for sure.

Dang, I liked Miller, but I guess it was inevitable. Best of luck to him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No buddy, and we won't be signing any big FA's this year and I am ok with that.
I just read an article reminding me that teams have to spend a certain minimum in relation to the cap and some teams will be required to spend 10's of millions of dollars in FA this year.
That is going to artificially inflate many contracts and it will be a seller's market on Tuesday.
We will have a huge draft pool and our own UFA's to sign.
We will remain a contender.

I agree this is not the year for a big splash for us. Too me, our successful offseason is getting RW signed long term and Wags to a long term contract. Good to see Lynch signed so don't have to worry about that spot. Things are coming together for a third straight run!

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mildly surprised we haven't invited Trent Cole to Seattle to kick the tires. Sure, he's a bit older than we would like, but he would be the perfect fit at the LEO end in nickle/NASCAR packages, and we could limit his snaps to increase his effectiveness. Avril and Cole at the ends, slide Bennett into a tackle spot with either Hill or McDaniel lining up over the nose. Blitz Irvin now and again to see if we can catch the offense sleeping. It could give QBs ulcers.

Of course, this would all hinge on him taking below market value for a run at a ring, but I can't imagine it isn't worth a phone call and the price of a plane ticket.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3