• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

free agent wish list

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What's your free agent wish list?

Mine are:

QB: (option 1A) Peyton (option 1B) Alex

WR: We need a returner, Ginn would be fine on the cheap, then I'd be fine if we drafted 2 WRs. We'd have Crabtree, Moss, Williams, Ginn, 2 rookies or some guy like Bogan.

OG: get a guard, not sure which one. Maybe a guy like Hutch for a year if he can be had cheap?

CB: Rogers! My top priority! I don't want to mess with the secondary at all. I'm fine if we get Cox and other dudes as depth and see how they do maybe down the road they can steal the starting job.

I'd really be happy with this and then we fill the rest of the needs with draft picks, or with some minimum salary veterans later on.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Might as well post mine here from the other thread:

Here's my wish list if the Niners are smart enough to sign Peyton:

Wayne, Hutch, Tyler Brayton, Rogers, Ginn, and a situationl pass ruser (probably via the draft). Maybe Andre Caldwell if there's room & he's not too expensive, and Manny if he's sign for like a million. I'd also be open to some cheap veteran DL like Tommie Harris, Gerard Warren or Aubrayo Franklin.

Draft: 1) Konz 2) Curry 3-7 BPA.

I think that could all fit in 20 million. I'd be happy as a clam. There'd be a cap bubble in a few years, but I'm fine with that as long as the Niners have this team for a couple. That'd almost guarantee at least 1 SB.

Here's my wish list if the Niners are too stupid to go after Peyton:

Alex walks, so Kaep is the starter. Draft:

1. Trade pick for a 1 next year and a 2 this year
2a: Dwayne Allen
2b. Curry
3-7: BPA

Sign: Carl Nicks, Andre Caldwell, Tyler Brayton, Ginn, Manny (if he'll sign for like a million), Morgan, Tracy Porter (the anti-Peyton signing).

I didn't do one for Luck obviously. That would just be depressing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to get carlson and winston. still need a wr who can start. then maybe sign a body who could contribute in the event of injuries like maurice stovall.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd actually rather keep Davis at RT than go after Winston. He's still only 28, but he's had a history of injuries. I stay stick with the young. He's getting much better.

Go for a guard. No telling if AD can play RG or not.

...that is unless the Niners roll the dice and go after Marcus McNeil to play RT for cheaper. That would be a tempting gamble.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if winston gets injured we got boone ready to go. davis is just a bit slow for RT, but he has the strength to dominate inside. something we really need if we're gonna be that power football double TE offense for harbaugh.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if winston gets injured we got boone ready to go. davis is just a bit slow for RT, but he has the strength to dominate inside. something we really need if we're gonna be that power football double TE offense for harbaugh.

With all due respect, this isn't Madden, where you can shift OL out of position and it hardly ever affects the ratings negatively. I thought AD did a pretty good job at RT last season in only his second season in the league. Our OL would be better served finding an actual guard as opposed to hoping and praying a musical chairs switch of positions along the line will do us well. Plus, OG is easier and cheaper to find in the draft then trying to buy a veteran with high priced warts.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
davis manhandled suh. before the draft i thought davis would project to guard in the nfl. i still think he has more upside at guard than at tackle

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was not matched up on Suh often at all! It was the crack back blocks from Walker, using Suh's aggressiveness against him, that freed up our running game, not Davis, although he did play a good game vs. DET.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone like Grubbs at RG? I haven't look into his age, but he seems solid. McNeill and Winston would be worth looking into as well.

I was hoping for a #1WR but that doesn't seem likely from FA at this point. Unless we do something very surprising like sign Manning, Super Mario or Mike Wallace, shoring up the O-line is about all that seems probable. Thoughts?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Michael Bush, think he'd be a nice pick-up but he's probably looking for a bigger payday than I'd want to give.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Bush is looking for somewhere to start and play IMO.

(hope he stays clear from AZ)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was not matched up on Suh often at all! It was the crack back blocks from Walker, using Suh's aggressiveness against him, that freed up our running game, not Davis, although he did play a good game vs. DET.

when he did block suh, he manhandled him. davis has the strength to be one of the top RG's, but lacks the quickness to play tackle at a pro bowl level. sometimes he just gets flat out beat by speed rushers. i guess it wouldn't be so much of an issue if the interior line was better, but i'd rather davis play a position where i feal he can excel.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grubbs, Manningham, Laurent Robinson, and perhaps Scott Wells all still interest me.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Bush and Tolbert interest me.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone like Grubbs at RG? I haven't look into his age, but he seems solid. McNeill and Winston would be worth looking into as well.

I was hoping for a #1WR but that doesn't seem likely from FA at this point. Unless we do something very surprising like sign Manning, Super Mario or Mike Wallace, shoring up the O-line is about all that seems probable. Thoughts?

I'd rather go Winston. Not because I think Winston is better than Grubbs, but going with Winston could upgrade two positions along the OL. Winston > Davis, and it'll move Davis inside, where he can easily be better than Snyder/Rachal.

Staley/Iupati/Goodwin/Davis/Winston and we have one of the better OLs in the NFC.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFT:

DeSean's deal has a base value of $47 million over five years, with up to $4 million in escalators and $15 million fully guaranteed

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Browns interested in Manny Lawson, as are the Bengals in keeping him. (Mike Wilkening). No visits scheduled.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd actually rather keep Davis at RT than go after Winston. He's still only 28, but he's had a history of injuries. I stay stick with the young. He's getting much better.

Go for a guard. No telling if AD can play RG or not.

...that is unless the Niners roll the dice and go after Marcus McNeil to play RT for cheaper. That would be a tempting gamble.

He hasn't missed a game in 5 years.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish List of FA still available:

1. Eric Winston or Ben Grubbs

2. Jason Jones

3. Mike Tolbert or Benjarvis Green-Ellis

4. Chaz Schilens