• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Alfred Morris and Steve Wisnewski been scooped up yet? I have not heard anything yet and its already over 1 week in.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and no.

Might make sense for us then. The more time goes by the lower their asking price will get. If we lose out on Okung, I would jump all over Wiz. Morris would be a good fit for us too based on our current needs at RB

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris a down hill guy who was really good in zone read. His style of down hill will still work for what the Lions need.

I was huge on Wis last year. I read somewhere he was good in run blocking and ranked very low in pass pro. That or either the other way around. I'm not as hyped on him this year, although he might still be better off than your boy Swannsong.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This years FA crop was really thin. Not much still out there. Small rotation and depth moves mostly. I see Morris RB and Powers and Hall at CB as starting options. Not to much after that for me.

Does anyone still have some wants of who is left?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This years FA crop was really thin. Not much still out there. Small rotation and depth moves mostly. I see Morris RB and Powers and Hall at CB as starting options. Not to much after that for me.

Does anyone still have some wants of who is left?

A team friendly deal with Aldon Smith would be cool with me. Not sure how long he is suspended for but would be nice to see him in 1-on-1 situations across from Ziggy.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Jeremy Kerley was signed. Yippee! Another depth move to compete with TJ and Fuller. He has been a punt returner in the past. I thought he had fumbling issues at some point. Fred is giving Smitty new material weekly.

Not as if anybody signed will disrupt the pecking order of targets. This will not either even if he is on the roster.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Jeremy Kerley was signed. Yippee! Another depth move to compete with TJ and Fuller. He has been a punt returner in the past. I thought he had fumbling issues at some point. Fred is giving Smitty new material weekly.

Not as if anybody signed will disrupt the pecking order of targets. This will not either even if he is on the roster.
More of a move to replace Lance Moores feet, Id imagine. (He's a tiny lil fella.)And return.

Couple years ago Id have been excited to have Kerley. I'm okay with it now. Hopefully takes Receiver out of the draft needs.

Is he going to cost the Jets more than he'll cost us?

I'm good on Fuller at this point.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one million, just one year.

This is what I like to see spending wise on offensive skill positions.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerley will try to compete with TJ and Lance for that slot position / returner spot. He will be lucky to be on the roster come season time. Maybe Moore is done too, who knows.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Shwartzy would like to have him in Philly. They traded Kiko so I am sure they got something planned.

They got a 10th round pick? I'll take it.

They do have two picks in the 5th and 7th so maybe they will part with a 6th or 7th rounder.

For the knockout job he's done so far cleaning up Kelly's mess, I don't see him parting with a 5th. It's not like he Ngata or something.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt noted that Florida DL Jonathan Bullard was "outstanding" in his position drills during Tuesday's Pro Day.

Bullard stood on his Combine numbers, taking part only in positional work. Which he apparently knocked out of the park. Brandt believes that he helped his stock on Pro Day, with his only concern being that Bullard has had a difficult time maintaining his weight. TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline offered up the adjective "phenomenal" in reference to the 6-foot-3, 285-pounder's drills. "He was able to bend, displayed violent punch with his hands and easily moved about the field," Pauline noted, adding that Bullard met with the Lions and Titans following his efforts. Mar 22 - 8:45 PM

Source: NFL.com