• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agent OG Davin Joseph is visiting the Cowboys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if they sign anyone else before the draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent WR LaRon Byrd will visit the Cowboys Thursday.
Byrd left his Tuesday visit with the Giants without a deal. Now the two-year veteran with one career catch heads to Dallas, where Dwayne Harris and Cole Beasley are the primary receivers behind starters Dez Bryant and Terrance Williams.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it came down to us signing a guy like Brian Waters again, I'd much rather take a shot on a guy like Joseph. He's been hurt and ineffective for two years, but he's only 30, and a few years ago was dominant

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn. If we don't take an OL we MUST sign one because we have no decent backup Guards and a marginal starter in Bernardeau (although I was happy with how he played after Waters got hurt). I like what Waters brought to the team the instant he stepped on the field. Of course if he is in the plans there is concern over whether he really wants to play and what kind of shape he is in and if he will even be there at the start of the year. But, with Waters we know he is going to start. With Joseph I'm really not sure right now if he is a starter any more or not. Our direction should be clear after the draft. Maybe we take a Tackle early and move Free, maybe we draft a Guard to start or at least be a backup this year and a future starter or maybe we just end up signing a G to start or backup, but we must add another decent OL at some point IMO.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the Def guy we want is not there Im completely happy with taking one of the top rated OL that will be on the board . The Dline is in bad shape but the Ol still needs help 2

JMHO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn. If we don't take an OL we MUST sign one because we have no decent backup Guards and a marginal starter in Bernardeau (although I was happy with how he played after Waters got hurt). I like what Waters brought to the team the instant he stepped on the field. Of course if he is in the plans there is concern over whether he really wants to play and what kind of shape he is in and if he will even be there at the start of the year. But, with Waters we know he is going to start. With Joseph I'm really not sure right now if he is a starter any more or not. Our direction should be clear after the draft. Maybe we take a Tackle early and move Free, maybe we draft a Guard to start or at least be a backup this year and a future starter or maybe we just end up signing a G to start or backup, but we must add another decent OL at some point IMO.

Unless Joseph comes in at 400 lbs and just doesn't want to play, he's still better than Bernardeau. Heck, Waters is my age and coming off injury, and he could beat him out. I think he would be worth a shot.
I have to say, while I am all for D early in the draft, if we went like Zach Martin and Antonio Richardson in the first two rounds and fixed the line once and for all, I wouldn't complain either. We could use the remaining 9 picks on D lol. A line of TSmith, Leary, Fredrick, Martin and Richardson would put a check by OL

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go OL in the 1st I hope it is Lewan. He would be a major upgrade over Free. He would bring some much needed swagger and nastiness to the OL. He could fall to us because of his off field issues

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go OL in the 1st I hope it is Lewan. He would be a major upgrade over Free. He would bring some much needed swagger and nastiness to the OL. He could fall to us because of his off field issues

Damn it. I hate it when you say something I agree with. Now I have to rethink on Lewan.