• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Frenzy thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that Rask deal is what's signed, the B's will have some moving and groovin' to do. They'll be about $2M over and in need of a back up G contract and some depth Fs I think.

I hope it has a NMC/NTC. Because, for the Bruins, it will be the 12th on the current roster.

Yes, 12th.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli confirms reaching out to Alfredsson camp: ``Yes, I have spoken to Alfie’s agent at length today.''

:shocked:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli confirms reaching out to Alfredsson camp: ``Yes, I have spoken to Alfie’s agent at length today.''

:shocked:

Chiarelli continued "they responded with a suggestion that is not anatomically possible"

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask in all seriousness, did you truly expect Pronger to still be playing at 44? I mean it might have been reasonable to think he'd be around at 39/40, but 44?

He was never going to "retire" because of the cap hit. The day that contract expires there will be a teary-eyed press conference.

And that sucks. For him. For the league. For the player's association. The only person it doesn't suck for is Snider because he has all the cash in the world and no limitations.

They aren't "stuck" with him. Hit him in the head with a frying pan.

i believe i've already addressed that. a couple of times.

Do you really believe he was still going to be playing at the end of that Contract?
He will be 44 when it expires. They knew he'd never finish it. His "retirement" was always going to be LTIR.

They probably expected he'd go a *little* longer, but still.

oh fuck no, it was an awful contract, i'm not arguing that. but suggesting he's faking post concussion sydrome is really over the top, even for someone who hates the flyers as much as you do

i agree that it's a tough circumstance. the flyers are getting out of eventually being punished for a stupid contract because pronger is hurt. that doesn't mean the rule is wrong though. you cant punish teams for players getting hurt.

oh look. there's a couple times.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it has a NMC/NTC. Because, for the Bruins, it will be the 12th on the current roster.

Yes, 12th.

Detroit has 7 and surprisingly Zetterberg isnt one of them

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the Flyers have tested the waters a bit on this, but can't some team just man up and become "the bad guys"? Like Phoenix should just decide to sign and trade for all the Matt Cooke's of the world. Get a team full of agitators, some skilled, some just flat out assholes, get some hot head goalie in net. Sure they'd spend a lot of time in the box but they would be a bitch to play against and fun to watch. Make it happen owner that doesn't a shit, whoever you may be.

The Sharks should sign Cooke to go with Torres. If the Isles were to sign Cooke to go with Carkner, Martin & Clutterfuck it would be scary as hell.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks should sign Cooke to go with Torres. If the Isles were to sign Cooke to go with Carkner, Martin & Clutterfuck it would be scary as hell.

Unless you can skate. None of them could catch anyone.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Real_ESPNLeBrun 4m
No one with the Jackets nor with his camp will confirm this, but I believe Nathan Horton's site visit today was in Columbus...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Real_ESPNLeBrun 4m
No one with the Jackets nor with his camp will confirm this, but I believe Nathan Horton's site visit today was in Columbus...

:D

There was a tour of the facilities today. But I don't think it was him.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:D

There was a tour of the facilities today. But I don't think it was him.

LeBrun saying he wants a "quieter life". Not gonna lie, if I were an NHLer, I'd be looking toward CBus too. I just love the Columbus area.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, NJ has some of the nicest if not the nicest suburbs in the country. Despite the proximity to NY, the Devils are a "smaller market" team. Just sign for 3 years, $9 million Nate.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBrun saying he wants a "quieter life". Not gonna lie, if I were an NHLer, I'd be looking toward CBus too. I just love the Columbus area.

I just saw that twatwaffle said the Jackets are after Horton. My buddy downtown said someone is there today, but he didn't see who it is. He didn't think Horton though. Not sure why he thought that.

Maybe two guys coming today?

A lot of people saying Filpula and Iginla have come / are coming.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quieter life meaning "too much pressure to produce in Boston. Go where there's much less pressure."

Nathan can definitely find that in C-bus.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quieter life meaning "too much pressure to produce in Boston. Go where there's much less pressure."

Nathan can definitely find that in C-bus.

yah especially seeing as Horton came from Florida where he was probably invisible in that market and knows what that feels like ... probably likes it

he would probably self combust playing in a canadian market