• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agency rumors....

FadeToBlack

I'm a "member"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it, if we have cap room, I throw Revis a big one year offer.

What's the cap at with the signings so far? They had 44 or so...

~11 for Maxwell
~5 for Gore
~7 for Graham
~5 for Sanchez

Probably a little high on the numbers, but that's okay, gives me flex room.

That's ~$28m committed, leaving $16m left. Cut Ryans, gain $7m, that's $23m. Sign Andre Johnson and throw everything else at Revis. You don't have to worry too much about the safety back there if you have Revis on one side. He could probably make Nate Allen look half competent.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't write off our last draft class either. I think Jaylen Watkins has plenty of potential

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really could care less about stats. Everyone clowned me for wanting Emmanuel Sanders over Maclin last year, because of past stats. Gilchrist is far more talented than Allen, regardless of what the stats might say. Though you're entitled to your own opinion. I'd be very pleased if we signed Gilchrist.

Stats are one way of looking at it, but the times I watched Gilchrist I saw him having the same coverage problems as Allen. Honestly if he is what they get that if fine because he isn't Allen. But just because there is another player there doesn't mean they are better at safety.

Hell we haven't had a good corner on this team since Asante Samuel. DRC and Nnamdi looked just as bad as Cary Williams and Bradley Flecther

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watkins, Carroll and Boykin are all slot corners. They are not outside guys. You saw it against New York at the end they either don't have enough speed or are too short to play out there.

Huff blows, drops too many balls, not very intelligent. The only thing he has going for him is he is a former duck. Really Wide out was we have Mathews and a bunch of huge question marks.

They are going to pickup another running back but it should be in the draft.

Its still early, free agency hasn't even officially started yet. Just a lot of work still to do.

Boykin could absolutely be an outside corner. In fact, he SHOULD HAVE taken Fletcher's job. The only reason he didn't is because of his height, and Billy Davis has the moronic belief that a guy his size cannot be an outside corner. The facts are that Boykin has been our best overall corner each of the last two years, and gets constantly disrespected by the coaching staff.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykin could absolutely be an outside corner. In fact, he SHOULD HAVE taken Fletcher's job. The only reason he didn't is because of his height, and Billy Davis has the moronic belief that a guy his size cannot be an outside corner..

That's not Billy's belief. That is Chip's. Chip gave everyone - scouts, coaches - his preferred measurables and told them to work from there.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykin could absolutely be an outside corner. In fact, he SHOULD HAVE taken Fletcher's job. The only reason he didn't is because of his height, and Billy Davis has the moronic belief that a guy his size cannot be an outside corner. The facts are that Boykin has been our best overall corner each of the last two years, and gets constantly disrespected by the coaching staff.

I do recall seeing Boykins play on the outside in the preseason and he got burned repeatedly by the bigger receivers. Perhaps Boykins has only been the good CB because Davis has played him correctly.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not Billy's belief. That is Chip's. Chip gave everyone - scouts, coaches - his preferred measurables and told them to work from there.

Regardless, it just isn't correct. Revis and Brandon Flowers are the same size as Boykin, and they're both elite CBs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, it just isn't correct. Revis and Brandon Flowers are the same size as Boykin, and they're both elite CBs.

I don't disagree with you, but I also consider the nickelback a starter so I'm okay with having a big time playmaker in there.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you, but I also consider the nickelback a starter so I'm okay with having a big time playmaker in there.

And that's a fair point. It is and isn't a starting position, imo. The problem is that th nickel corner sees less snaps than the outside corners, and it always bugged me to see Fletcher out there all game, lol.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boykin is 5ft 9, Revis is 5ft 11. Boykin is 180lbs Revis is 200lbs.

But this is not to say Boykin is a bad player he is just a nickel corner, which plays about 60-65% of the time in this league. Nothing wrong with that

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis is available and I hope we jump on him. On another note, I'm happy to have Graham back. My gut was telling me he would be a nightmare against us if he went to the Giants.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore reportedly pulling a Lecharles Bentley and backing out on us.

Gosh, I hope this is true.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore reportedly pulling a Lecharles Bentley and backing out on us.

Gosh, I hope this is true.

I don't blame him this team is a train wreck on offense right now. I am sure when he agreed they told him Maclin was coming back.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Rather some of the other backs on the market, namely Ryan Mathews.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to pay money to a 31 year old rb. I would rather draft someone.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like Gore as a short term transition RB ... I think he's being over paid and it's not the end of the world if he backs out. If he keeps his word I'm ok with it, but if not it's not like we can't fill the position with another vet or rook. My position on RB remains the same ... the easiest position to replace.