• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency/Off Season Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant stop laughing at these reports that the reason Lebron is so great is because he might have an Eidetic memory. he remembers everything which gives him a big advantage on the court... that obviously is shit. he didnt remeber how terrible the Cleveland front office is. The guy is a tool.

Hes a fucking idiot. Correct me if I am wrong, but the context in which he uses the word is actually incorrect, no? I thought he said photographic, thought that was different from eidetic?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eidetic memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Had to look it up. Wasn't what I thought it was.

LeBron is a very intelligent basketball player. Possibly the highest basketball IQ in the game. But he is a moron for leaving Miami for Cleveland.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually hate all the billboard nonsense when teams try to attract or even trash teams like the Spurs did after the finals - But, I seriously think we need to pass along Flauge profile pic to whoever is responsible of that stuff and put that on a billboard for when Queen James comes to Miami. Maybe the arena can do something of the sort as well. Loyalty over royalty - something Queen James will never know nothing about

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best remaining free agents: Greg Monroe, Eric Bledsoe, Shawn Marion, Andray Blatche, Al-Farouq Aminu, Ramon Sessions, Ray Allen...Best remaining free agents (cont.): Mo Williams, Emeka Okafor, Jameer Nelson, Jordan Crawford, Greg Stiemsma, Francisco Garcia.

Per Ira Winderman.

Surprised a few of these guys are still available. How about Okafor? I believe we have one more spot to add, not including the spots we can fill for camp - most if not all of these guys would be quality additions.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Best remaining free agents: Greg Monroe, Eric Bledsoe, Shawn Marion, Andray Blatche, Al-Farouq Aminu, Ramon Sessions, Ray Allen...Best remaining free agents (cont.): Mo Williams, Emeka Okafor, Jameer Nelson, Jordan Crawford, Greg Stiemsma, Francisco Garcia.

Per Ira Winderman.

Surprised a few of these guys are still available. How about Okafor? I believe we have one more spot to add, not including the spots we can fill for camp - most if not all of these guys would be quality additions.
Nelson agreed to midlevel exception deal with Dallas. Monroe and Bledsoe are restricted free agents. Okafor has huge injury concerns...he did not play last year and may not be ready.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per Ira Winderman.

I think Ray Allen is gone.

If it was up to me I would like to see the Heat use their final 3 roster spots on these players:

Blatche/Aminu
Francisco Garcia (we need a proven back up SG)
Stiemsma/Oden/Okafor

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From your list I would take, Blatche, Garcia and Okafor

Aminu is a decent defender the Heat might like as a fit to what they do defensively.

Would love to have Oden back but the longer we take to bring him back the more I think they truly have given up on him(prematurely)

Obviously, having Ray Ray back would be nice but also becoming less convinced he will return

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think Ray Allen is gone.

If it was up to me I would like to see the Heat use their final 3 roster spots on these players:

Blatche/Aminu
Francisco Garcia (we need a proven back up SG)
Stiemsma/Oden/Okafor
Aminu off the list. Agreed to deal with the Mavericks who have done a real nice job this offseason in picking up pieces to make one final push.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want Garcia though. We really need a experience backup SG for Wade. I like Ennis but obviously he is an rookie

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Ray doesnt follow Lebron to Cleveland. That will be yet another slap in the face to the Heat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys need to move on Lebron. He left and that's the end of that

Guys who are coming to the end of their career will follow him because they want a championship

It is what it is

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hard feelings with Ray leaving

I'm a bit biased, because Ray is my third all time favorite player, but I don't see it as a slap in the face at all. If someone like Haslem would have followed, it would have been a wtf. But Ray has no ties to Miami.

He came here as a much needed veteran piece to an already championship caliber team and gave us one of the most memorable basketball play in NBA Finals history.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get greg oden back and if we do give him some real playing time. I know he was frustrated last year cause he didn't get enough. He deserves to be out there on the court.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We need to get greg oden back and if we do give him some real playing time. I know he was frustrated last year cause he didn't get enough. He deserves to be out there on the court.
Not sure we can take experiments right now...but we shall see. He was hurt part of the season and out of shape for a big part. We may need a center that will actually be available to play.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley? Yeah

Oden? Only if he's playing consistently

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley needs to be resigned. he can be our #2 or 3 scoring option. Especially if Wade misses games. I like Oden, and wouldnt mind resigning him, but we still have to have another bigman. Bosh just doesnt cut it at the center position. Birdman is getting up there in age. Hamilton can be good, but we cant afford to have 2 projects at the center.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh just doesnt cut it at the center position.

Now that Queen James is gone, he WILL cut it at the center position. Not to make excuses for CB, but I think we can attribute his approach at the position to the style of play we had to play to accomodate the skills of Queen James.

I think Oden wants to be in a place where he is assured more PT regardless of what teams think of his health status - Not sure that is going to fly with the Heat. And he also wants a bit more money despite the limited role he may provide. This is why he is considering going elsewhere. I think the Heat are willing to bring him back but under a non-guranteed contract to see where he is at before committing to him long term.

I think that is the hold up with G.O. the Heat are only willing to give another “make-good” deal and he wants more.

We shall see what happens.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley needs to be resigned. he can be our #2 or 3 scoring option. Especially if Wade misses games.

Yes. No more need be said.