• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is one of the worst sounding moves I've seen the 49ers make in a long, long time. Yuck! He's one of my least favorite QBs to come into the NFL since 1998.

Alot of people on the ESPN boards were making fun of me when he came out because I was relentless about how awful I thought it'd be if anybody drafted him (anywhere in the draft).

I also told alot of the ESPN regulars that if Colt McCoy ever developed into a top 16 or above average NFL QB that I'd legally have my name changed to Colt McCoy. What a disgusting move mentally for me! Yuck!

You cant think he's that bad now after seeing him play in the NFL do you? He's shown at least a little something, definitely not starter material, but I think he's a good back up.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO, the only thing bad about the trade is the length of the contract(1 yr) McCoy has and the amount. It's slightly high for me to be 100% happy with the deal.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You cant think he's that bad now after seeing him play in the NFL do you? He's shown at least a little something, definitely not starter material, but I think he's a good back up.

Yes, I have next to no hope for him. No, I don't see anything close to good backup in him. It's a couple steps below Christian Ponder and some may remember how I felt about Ponder (undraftable) because that was more recent.

If you asked me to list 5 QBs in the NFL that I wouldn't want any part of, he'd be on that list. I'd have rather they signed up for Tim freaking Tebow than Colt McCoy.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter: Cardinals released QB John Skelton.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I have next to no hope for him. No, I don't see anything close to good backup in him. It's a couple steps below Christian Ponder and some may remember how I felt about Ponder (undraftable) because that was more recent.

If you asked me to list 5 QBs in the NFL that I wouldn't want any part of, he'd be on that list. I'd have rather they signed up for Tim freaking Tebow than Colt McCoy.

that bad? Colt isn't exciting, but no where near Tim Tebow bad for me.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What QB's are left on the Cardinals roster? They haven't quite got Palmer yet.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually like Tebow because of my desire to be a contrarian, but I would really hate Tebow as a Niner because his fans, who only root for him, would buy up all the extra tickets at home games. I want to actually be able to go to Niner games whenever I head back home to SF.

That being said, I like Tolzien more than McCoy and think SF wasted their time on someone who PROBABLY would not accept being 3rd string (His words).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is one of the worst sounding moves I've seen the 49ers make in a long, long time. Yuck! He's one of my least favorite QBs to come into the NFL since 1998.

Alot of people on the ESPN boards were making fun of me when he came out because I was relentless about how awful I thought it'd be if anybody drafted him (anywhere in the draft).

I also told alot of the ESPN regulars that if Colt McCoy ever developed into a top 16 or above average NFL QB that I'd legally have my name changed to Colt McCoy. What a disgusting move mentally for me! Yuck!

Ha! I think you're just worried Harbaugh will work a little magic and you'll have to change your name....

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding. Harbs can talk him up and get some video footage of him looking good throwing to Crabtree and Boldin and boom trade value. :)

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not much to pay for a QB rental...very Billy Beanish in terms of buying low for value..of course the question is can he be coached up and play half way decent at an adequate level and can he hold for the kicker on FGs.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need the draft to come. As Sickness stated, we gave up, using the draft value chart, the equivalent the 20th pick of the 7th round for McCoy. Honestly, people getting worked up about this is kinda crazy. We have 13 other draft choices. Why not roll the dice and see if McCoy can be a solid backup over some low end rookie QB.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet: RT @SGIII_ @RapSheet reports that @thedhb85 receives $1.5M to sign. The deal is worth $2.5M up to $3 million max, per source

Colts signed DHB

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, its ok a deal.

this signing shouldn't stop us from drafting a QB, IF good value ever arises?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter 3m

Raiders reached agreement on a one-year deal with former Broncos CB Tracy Porter.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PFCentral
Bucs To Sign Kaeding: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are expected to sign free-agent K Nate Kaeding.