• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter 42s

Major blow to Cardinals: Arizona LB Daryl Washington suspended the first four games of the season, per league source.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter 29s

Former Giants WR Domenik Hixon has agreed to a one-year deal with Carolina Panthers, as CBS reported. Panthers piling up former Giants.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josina Anderson:

Source: LB Tavares Gooden is visiting with the Pittsburgh #Steelers today.

Aaron Wilson:

Linebacker Tavares Gooden is visiting Steelers today, Cardinals tomorrow, per league source

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Given the news about Washington, I'd imagine Gooden is going to get some serious consideration from Arizona.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So I'm wondering if the reason the Niners don't sign Richard Seymour is that it violates the comp' pick plan. If he signed for... say... 4 million, I wonder what the compensatory pick ramifications would be considering Goldson, RJF, Sopoaga, & Walker signed elsewhere.

The fact that they haven't signed anyone to replace RJF & help out with depth makes me think they have might their sights set on some DL high in the draft. At least I hpoe they do (but not Margus Hunt).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So I'm wondering if the reason the Niners don't sign Richard Seymour is that it violates the comp' pick plan. If he signed for... say... 4 million, I wonder what the compensatory pick ramifications would be considering Goldson, RJF, Sopoaga, & Walker signed elsewhere.

The fact that they haven't signed anyone to replace RJF & help out with depth makes me think they have might their sights set on some DL high in the draft. At least I hpoe they do (but not Margus Hunt).

According to reports, $4M probably wouldn't get it done and others may even say it may not come close to getting it done. In actuality that may end up proving to be false, but I'm strictly going off of what is being reported right now.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions announced they signed former Jaguars DT C.J. Mosley. "the guy who put the lick on Stafford" irony?

Last edited by a moderator:

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former 49ers safety Curtis Taylor has signed a one-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals, per a league source. i always liked him

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
According to reports, $4M probably wouldn't get it done and others may even say it may not come close to getting it done. In actuality that may end up proving to be false, but I'm strictly going off of what is being reported right now.

I heard that too. But I'd be more concerned with the compensatory pick issue because Seymour & Abraham are the only FAs left who could make a huge impact on the D IMO.

From the articles I saw, the Raiders "voided" his contract. Does that have the same compensatory pick ramifications as if he was cut? Is being "cut" the same thing?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard that too. But I'd be more concerned with the compensatory pick issue because Seymour & Abraham are the only FAs left who could make a huge impact on the D IMO.

From the articles I saw, the Raiders "voided" his contract. Does that have the same compensatory pick ramifications as if he was cut? Is being "cut" the same thing?

I think so but I could be wrong.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

Charles Woodson says on @NFL_AM he hasn't heard from Ravens "or anyone else, for that matter" in FA. Acknowledges he's considered "ancient"

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rapoport:

Charles Woodson says on @NFL_AM he hasn't heard from Ravens "or anyone else, for that matter" in FA. Acknowledges he's considered "ancient"

I wonder if that healthy serving of humble pie will fast forward his willingness to retire. I still think he could be serviceable but probably not at the contract he would want.