• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JosinaAnderson 6m

Agent Carl Poston just told me that DE Andre Carter has agreed to a 1-year deal with the Oakland #Raiders.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@evansilva 21s

New #Jets S Dawan Landry, 30, graded as @PFF's No. 65 safety out of 88 last season. PFF had Landry 75th in coverage, 32nd versus the run.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How about Crabtree? Where's the love for Crab?

Mike Iupati - G - 49ers

The San Francisco Chronicle suggests LG Mike Iupati is "next in line" for a contract extension.

Iupati was nothing short of dominant last season, earning first-team All-Pro honors and grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 5 overall guard. "In scouting, you live for those moments when you find someone that comes out at his position that isn't likely to come out for another five to 10 years," GM Trent Baalke said when asked about Iupati last fall. He's under contract through 2014 and will likely be seeking Andy Levitre kind of money (six years, $46.8M) in an extension.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Apr 10 - 11:33 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats signed Edelman to a one year deal and signed Emmanuel Sanders to a one year offer. Steelers have 5 days to match or take NE's third round pick.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats signed Edelman to a one year deal and signed Emmanuel Sanders to a one year offer. Steelers have 5 days to match or take NE's third round pick.

Surprising the Pats make this move for a one year rental and 3rd rounder...could they have signed Sanders for longer?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Fisher - T - Chippewas

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah listed what constitutes a prospect as a "safe pick."

"Three yearr starter, solid on tape, steady at All-Star practices, solid combine/pro day, great interview," Jerermiah tweeted. In terms of hitting every category, Central Michigan's Eric Fisher appears to fit the bill. All of these reasons are why our own Josh Norris slightly prefers Fisher to Luke Joeckel.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Apr 10 - 1:17 PM

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Surprising the Pats make this move for a one year rental and 3rd rounder...could they have signed Sanders for longer?

they're pretty desperate for receivers in New England and Sanders is probably looking to improve his value with just a one year contract. He's either going to be a top option in Pittsburgh with Mike Wallace gone, or he's going to be a top option in New England with Welker, Woodhead, and Lloyd gone. In my opinion, it's the right move for him because if he puts a solid year together he'll command a pretty decent long term contract next offseason.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awesome!

Well, Palmer won't make it past week 3 now. I'm really shocked Chilo is getting another chance after throwing a temper tantrum and quitting once he got demoted in Chicago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How about Crabtree? Where's the love for Crab?

Mike Iupati - G - 49ers

The San Francisco Chronicle suggests LG Mike Iupati is "next in line" for a contract extension.

Iupati was nothing short of dominant last season, earning first-team All-Pro honors and grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 5 overall guard. "In scouting, you live for those moments when you find someone that comes out at his position that isn't likely to come out for another five to 10 years," GM Trent Baalke said when asked about Iupati last fall. He's under contract through 2014 and will likely be seeking Andy Levitre kind of money (six years, $46.8M) in an extension.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Apr 10 - 11:33 AM

Securing our offensive line and maintaining one of our biggest strengths is far more important than making sure Crabtree is here a couple years from now. Crabs is most likely pretty low on the list with Aldon and Kaep due up in a couple years too. And conversely, I'd bet Crabtree wants a full year with Kaep before talking about cash.

Oh, and BINGO, don't forget that your boy Cully is up the same year Crabs is! Can't forget about your main man! Just joshing...

Last edited by a moderator:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're pretty desperate for receivers in New England and Sanders is probably looking to improve his value with just a one year contract. He's either going to be a top option in Pittsburgh with Mike Wallace gone, or he's going to be a top option in New England with Welker, Woodhead, and Lloyd gone. In my opinion, it's the right move for him because if he puts a solid year together he'll command a pretty decent long term contract next offseason.

So desperate they give up a 3rd for a one year rental? Didn't they just get Amendola? I'd think they could get a similar talent to Sanders in the 3rd this year, one they could have for cheaper and longer.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So desperate they give up a 3rd for a one year rental? Didn't they just get Amendola? I'd think they could get a similar talent to Sanders in the 3rd this year, one they could have for cheaper and longer.

They're desperate for receivers who can play at a high level next year. Just for next season, Sanders will be better than anything they can get in the 3rd. The window is closing for the Pats/Brady and they can't afford to not supply him with experienced targets as they wait for prospects to develop. Plus, the Pats don't have the greatest track record for drafting WRs.

Amendola was indeed a solid pickup for them, but they need more than just him, especially considering his injury concerns. Gronk's continuing health problems may also be playing a factor.

Either way, it's nice to see the Pats scramble like this!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@JasonLaCanfora 37s

The Raiders are signing QB Seneca Wallace after working him out, Tyler Thigpen and perhaps others

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I don't like that at all. Mcclain was born to play in a 3-4.

This is the kind of stuff that makes Newsome the best GM in all of football (despite people stupidly criticizing him for the Flacco contract).

I'm pretty pissed off. The Ravens might be better in 2013 than in 2012. At least their OL is getting old. (Now that I say that, watch them draft a couple of stud OL).

Superbowl 48 = Harbbowl 2. This time, Jim pays off the ref's.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders signed Reggie Smith, yes, that Reggie Smith.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian Rapoport:

What's going on with Antoine Winfield? It's the #Vikings vs. #Seahawks, I'm told. Very fluid. He'll have to decide and should do so soon.