• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many would argue with you on giving up draft picks for a good/great player (especially since we have 15 this year). I have an issue with the salary cap hit that the top FA's will command. Harvin is a top 5 WR IF he is healthy, which he has been unable to maintain throughout his career.

1. They are loosing Branch's 3.5 mil, Jason Jones 4.5 mil and I'd imagine they will release Rice and his 8.5 mil contract. If you get rid of Rice, that is a good bit of Harvins contract.

2. Before this year he missed 3 games in 3 years. I wouldn't say he has had trouble staying healthy. This year is really the anomaly in his career.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks Pozz, the talk had kinda gone quiet on that front. Sounds like we are still in the mix. Great news.

I'm starting to pull back my excitement on the Smith idea with the news of the figures he could end up getting. He's one of my favorite CBs to become available in a while but I may not be as enthusiastic as others about a deal. Although, a big part of me still thinks he goes elsewhere because he has made it very clear that he wants to get P-A-I-D.

--------

Jason La Canfora:

Skins currently in discussions with representatives for Moss and Carriker trying to rework their deals to create cap space.

------------

Adam Schefter:

Steelers reached agreement on a three-year contract with G Ramon Foster.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd easily give up a 1st for Harvin. He is better than anything they are going to draft at 25. Far better. Seattle made a great move here.

The question you have to ask yourself is, why would Minnesota give up on Harvin? They were a playoff team, they have a young QB, best RB in the game, decent defense... why would they let go of their best WR???

Maybe Minnesota knows something we don't know.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question you have to ask yourself is, why would Minnesota give up on Harvin? They were a playoff team, they have a young QB, best RB in the game, decent defense... why would they let go of their best WR???

Maybe Minnesota knows something we don't know.

Because him and the coach don't get along and he isn't going to sign back with them. So you get something for him while you can. Thay aren't winning the SB this year so you get a 1st for him while you still can. They don't know something we don't, they know they aren't keeping him after this year so they are going to get picks for him. That simple.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think many would argue with you on giving up draft picks for a good/great player (especially since we have 15 this year). I have an issue with the salary cap hit that the top FA's will command. Harvin is a top 5 WR IF he is healthy, which he has been unable to maintain throughout his career.

I love Harvin and was hoping we would get him but I dont think he is a top 5 WR. Probably borderline top 10 IMO.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the only players I take over him are Megatron, AJ Green.....maybe Julio Jones, maybe Demaryous Thomas, maybe Brandon Marshall. That's really it.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joel Corry:

Matt Moore's 2-year, $8M deal contains a $3M signing bonus. His $1M '13 base is fully guaranteed. He counts $2.5M on the '13 cap.

Brian Hartline's 5-yr, $30.775M deal has a $2.115M '13 cap number. $7M signing bonus w/$715k & $4.785M '13 & '14 base salaries fully GTD.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Adam Carriker restructured his deal with the Skins, providing 2013 cap relief. Santana Moss now close to doing the same

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jason La Canfora:

Adam Carriker restructured his deal with the Skins, providing 2013 cap relief. Santana Moss now close to doing the same

dang.. felt he coulda been a good fit. Always liked him as a 3-4 DE.. Felt he was more worth a 3rd rounder back in 07.. not a top 15(wtg STL.. now I wish their old management was still in place)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Reggie Bush - RB - Dolphins

DetroitLions.com expects Reggie Bush to be the Lions' top target in free agency.

The Lions' in-house website is simply confirming what has become common knowledge. Provided the money is right, Bush should be keen to join one of the league's highest-powered offenses. It would be a much better fit than Arizona, where the Cardinals don't have a quarterback and coach Bruce Arians has a history of not throwing to running backs.
Source: Tim Twentyman on Twitter

Mar 11 - 1:43 PM

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Wallace as good as Jackson though? That is alot of money for a guy that just runs one route. He runs it well but he isn't a Moss is a prime either. I personally would take Jackson.

This!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFT:

Ravens are now trying to TRADE Anquan Boldin, per league source.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Wilson:

Vikings corner A.J. Jefferson gets a low tender of $1.33 million, per a league source. Jefferson went undrafted out of Fresno State

Only on the surface and speaking as a fan might this make sense for the 49ers but I've been talking about wanting to replace Brock for a while. Jefferson would be one of the guys I'd like to see targeted to do that if the Vikings wouldn't match an offer.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beanie Wells:

Just been informed that I'll be released today.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO the only players I take over him are Megatron, AJ Green.....maybe Julio Jones, maybe Demaryous Thomas, maybe Brandon Marshall. That's really it.

Me too! :10::agree:

He and Dez are neck and neck in terms of who I would rather have as a player. Harvin brings more (he gives so much for an OC in terms of being creative with design plays). But Dez is more polished and a better overal receiver. I think Harvin might be the better football player and gives defenses more fits.