• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Packers and Steelers have expressed interest in former Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw.

I wouldn't mind it that much if the Packers signed him.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Adam Schefter:

Packers and Steelers have expressed interest in former Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw.

I wouldn't mind it that much if the Packers signed him.

He'll be extremely valuable rooting from the bench on IR.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow. Good job to Jennings. I know some of the regulars of the\is board have referenced the idea of coaching up one's kid to be snapper, as a way for a kid to have a potentially long and head-safe NFL career one day, so I was curious about how Jennings has made out over the years. Even at a 50% tax rate (or so) for wealthy Californians, that aint so bad.

Thanks again, Pozz.

Totally my plan.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@evansilva: RT @ProFootballTalk Jake Long agrees to terms with Rams, per league source. Chooses St. Louis over Dolphins.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long must want to get abused by Aldon, he signed with the Rams.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's a 4-year, 34M dollar deal for Jake Long. No other details yet.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a 4-year, 34M dollar deal for Jake Long. No other details yet.

That is a lower number than I was expecting for him. I think they might of got a bargain on that one.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Long stays healthy, the NFC West could be a poswerhouse this year (except for 'Zona of course).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Winston - T - Free Agent

A team source tells the Miami Herald the Dolphins plan to replace departed LT Jake Long via free agency.

In addition to its alluring tropical climate, cap space apparently grows on trees in Miami. If free agency is indeed the Dolphins' plan to replace Long, it's a bit puzzling because the left tackle market has been picked clean, and they're in prime position to select a new blindside protector at No. 12 in the draft. It means the Dolphins are comfortable with second-year pro Jonathan Martin at left tackle even though he struggled mightily in Long's absence last season. The Palm Beach Post reported Sunday free agent Eric Winston would be an option if Long left town. Winston would be cheaper than Sebastian Vollmer or Andre Smith.
Source: Armando Salguero on Twitter

Mar 18 - 10:28 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sammie Lee Hill - DL - Titans

The Titans view new DT Sammie Lee Hill as a three-down player.

Hill played just 419 snaps for the Lions last season, and only 437 in 2011. The Titans also view Hill as more of a run-stuffer than pass rusher. Hill is a defensive tackle, but has always been better at creating pressure than plugging gaps. To date, the Titans have had a curious offseason.
Source: Nashville Tennessean

Mar 18 - 10:20 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jake Long - T - Rams

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins were offering LT Jake Long about $8 million per season before he accepted the Rams' four-year, $36 million offer.

It's unclear how many years Miami was willing to go, but it's unlikely that was the hang-up. It means Long opted to bolt the team that made him the No. 1 overall pick of the 2008 draft for roughly $1 million more per year. For his part, Long says the decision came down to the Rams' "vision and the entire organization." We're guessing the extra $1 million didn't hurt.
Source: Miami Herald

Mar 18 - 8:54 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Rams should offer two second round picks (2013 & 2014) for him. And with their first 1st round pick in this year's draft, they should get Chance Warmack. And with their second 1st round pick in this year's draft, they should get Cordarelle Patterson. That would change their entire offense in a heartbeat.

Branden Albert - T - Chiefs

According to SI's Peter King, the Chiefs "will listen" to trade offers for franchise player LT Branden Albert.

The Chiefs have remained silent on their left tackle since tagging him on March 4, but Albert has hinted the sides are nowhere close to a long-term deal. At the earliest, trade talks are unlikely to heat up before free agents Andre Smith and Sebastian Vollmer come off the market. The Chiefs would also have to already be committed to taking a tackle at No. 1 overall. Albert's most likely home for Week 1 is Kansas City.
Source: Sports Illustrated

Mar 18 - 9:12 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
James Harrison - LB - Free Agent

SI's Peter King calls free agent James Harrison the "coldest name" at this week's league meetings.

King says he "cannot find anyone admitting to being interested in the former Steeler." King believes Harrison may have to play for "less than half" of the $6.57 million he was scheduled to make before being cut loose by Pittsburgh. Harrison has been vaguely connected to the Ravens, but has spent most of his time on the open market opining about teams he would "love" to play for. At least so far, the interest hasn't been mutual.
Source: Sports Illustrated

Mar 18 - 9:08 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR - Free Agent

A source tells PFT the Jets are interested in free agent Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Per PFT's Mike Florio, it's unclear how much interest the Jets really have, but they're the first team DHB has been directly linked to since getting cut loose by the Raiders. Florio also reports the Colts haven't expressed interest in the former No. 7 pick. Colts owner Jim Irsay has been making vague and bizarre allusions to his team's pursuit of a wideout on Twitter. DHB has more than enough raw skill to get a second chance, but landing in dysfunctional New York isn't what he needs coming out of dysfunctional Oakland.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Mar 18 - 8:32 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris or anyone else, this article from a bleacher report reporter cites Overthecap.com, he states that the Niners are up against the cap but I thought with the recent departures and additions SF had about $7M in room. Am I reading this article wrong?

49ers Rumors: Nnamdi Asomugha Would Be Ideal Addition at Right Price | Bleacher Report

Bleacher report. I don't waste my time on them. Several things he is wrong about. The cap is $126M and change. It is the off-season so only the top 51 players count right now. Until we have the first year cap hits from Dahl and Skuta we know we have $7M and change of room.