• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better not to force anyone? if we end up going the draft route, ok by me. not so bad adding a young CB now.

It isn't forcing it if you have extremely talented guys out there like Sean Smith and Talib. Those guys are top notch NFL CB's and they are young and only entering their prime.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand how we haven't signed nnamdi asomgha yet??? His style of play fits our defense perfectly no doubt he'd get his game back and dominate with us.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm surprised I haven't heard a single word about Shaun Phillips. The dude's been very healthy & consistent, and he's only 32.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Lloyd, New England Patriots reportedly part ways - NFL.com

I don't want them to sign Heyward-Bey. I'd rather they get Sanders for a 3rd.

I also don't want to see them get DHB. I'm really surprised that he isn't more of a prized name in FA.

Hey Pozz a little OT but have their been any other rumors about the Browns and Ryan Mallett, I dunno why but that is one of the combinations that I'd like to see happen. I think Mallett would be a good fit for that offense.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apropos to some of the comments above, I think a LOT of GM's have either consciously or subconsciously decided to tighten the purse strings. Probably a combination of basically flat cap, finally learning that over paying doesn't get you far and maybe a little "F U" to the agents for the 3 day "tamper free" period.

Just thinking out loud, here.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also don't want to see them get DHB. I'm really surprised that he isn't more of a prized name in FA.

Hey Pozz a little OT but have their been any other rumors about the Browns and Ryan Mallett, I dunno why but that is one of the combinations that I'd like to see happen. I think Mallett would be a good fit for that offense.

Here's why the Ryan Mallett-to-the-Browns rumors are not going away

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=14251

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patriots announced the release of Brandon Lloyd.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apropos to some of the comments above, I think a LOT of GM's have either consciously or subconsciously decided to tighten the purse strings. Probably a combination of basically flat cap, finally learning that over paying doesn't get you far and maybe a little "F U" to the agents for the 3 day "tamper free" period.

Just thinking out loud, here.

I heard on NFL Network that the 3 day "tamper free" period had actually helped the GM's because it gave them an accurate picture of each player's actual market value, before teams just set the price by jumping in with an offer you couldn't refuse thinking that other teams would also be highly interested in a player.

I think that is why there have really been no blockbuster deals this Free Agency, because that 3 day window calmed everything down instead of the usual sprint out of the gates and throw cash everywhere to get your guy.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I think of B. Lloyd, I think of 2 things; this is one of them.

Spaghetti! Spaghetti! 8 MILE!!

the spaghetti part always does me in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised I haven't heard a single word about Shaun Phillips. The dude's been very healthy & consistent, and he's only 32.

I have no idea. I would love to have him. I haven't read of him taking any visits either.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found some talk of the Broncos and Cardinals possibly having some interest in Phillips.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers signed Craig Dahl to a 3-year contract. Blah!!!!

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
So no Woodson or Reed..... Also the timeline for Revis to be traded without the Jets paying his bonus has passed. They paid him the bonus money which makes me wonder if they will figure out a way to keep him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Evan Silva:

Elvis Dumervil is firmly on the Ravens' radar and they hope to meet with him next week, per a league source.