• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pro Football Focus:

The news cycle is back on track as Pro Football Talk reports that safety Craig Dahl is visiting the 49ers. San Francisco lost free agent FS Dashon Goldson to the Bucaneers this week, so Dahl represents a possible replacement. He played 96 percent of the Rams’ snaps last season, grading at -6.1 overall for the year. Dahl is a true free safety who played ”in the box” a league-low 11 percent of the time. Goldson ranked third in that department, so on the surface, it appears that Dahl will be good fit for the scheme. If there’s a concern, it’s Dahl’s tackling as he was seventh-worst among safeties missing one out of every 5.7 tackle attempts.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or could they be related?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 181

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Dahl is not someone I considered.....ever

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason Wilde:

Wow. The hits keep on comin' for #Packers: According to an #NFL source, TE @TCrabtree83 has signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I wonder how big of a hit this really is for them? He'd pop to me every once in a while but I'm surprised to see that reaction. I know it's just one source and their coaching staff has a much better point of view for what they want, but PFF has him as one of the worst run block TEs in each of the last 3 years

Run block grade the last three years:

2012 - negative 7.7 (228 run block plays) - 8th worst grade among all TEs
2011 - negative 8.4 (189 run block plays) - 3rd worst grade among all TEs
2010 - negative 10.4 (239 run block plays) - 3rd worst grade among all TEs

The last 3 years he's hovered around the 0.0-1.1 mark on their scale for pass blocking but that's on 50 or fewer pass block plays each year.

He has seasons of 8 catches, 6 catches, and 4 catches the last 3 years.

He did have 3 TDs (4 career TDs) this year, though.

-------

I wonder if he's known to the coaches/media as a special teams demon? PFF says:

2012 - One of 5 GB STs with a negative overall grade of -1.5 or worse (-1.5 exactly). 0.5 on kickoffs, -1.0 on punts, -1.0 in penalties. 0 tackles, 0 missed tackles..

2011 - Negative 0.6 overall grade. -0.1 on kickoffs, -0.5 on punts, 0.0 in penalties. 5 tackles, 0 missed tackles.

2010 - Tied for 2nd best ST grade on team, minus kickers/punters (+1.0). 0.5 on kickoffs, 1.5 on punts, -1.0 in penalties. 10 tackles, 1 assisted tackle, 0 missed tackles.

They don't have him as a standout on STs either.

---

Dallas Morning News' grades aren't impressive position wise for him either (lower 3rd for TEs)

ESPN's scouts don't even have a write-up on him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Wilson:

Chris Canty's $8 million Ravens deal has annual cap figures of $1.506 million in 2013, $3.166 million in 2014 and $3.326 million in 2015

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Caplan:

Veteran G/OT Frank Omiyale, who spent last season with the Seahawks, will visit the Panthers tomorrow, an NFL source confirmed.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NEPD_Loyko: According to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders HAS signed an offer sheet with the #Patriots

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NEPD_Loyko: According to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders HAS signed an offer sheet with the #Patriots

Along with restructuring Brandon Lloyd's contract and Amendola's signing gives Tom Brady some solid options. I knew everyone was over reacting when they let Welker go. They have handled FA very well IMO.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably 100% wrong on this, but does anyone else have the feeling that the reason there is no movement yet on Nnamdi or Woodson is because we might still be lurking in the Revis situation? It just seems weird that there is absolutely no news coming from the team, with the exception of the Dahl visit, which seems weird, and the comments from Woodson's agent several days ago. As I said, I'm probably wrong, but there is nothing coming from the team. And Revis' 1mil bonus kicked in today. Something seems fishy to me. (in a good way)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is the Pats haven't signed Sanders to an offer yet.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Talib signed yet? I didn't think that he had. I wouldn't mind stealing him out from under the Pats.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats re-signed Talib to a 1 year $5M deal. He turned down multi-year offers. Going the prove it route.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, so all of the big time CB's are gone. I was kind of hoping that we would shape up certain areas of our secondary this year. With Goldson leaving and Rogers, Brown and Whitner all being gone next year you would think that we would at least start planning for the future. I understand that we might draft a few DB's but it would be nice to have an anchor like Sean Smith to lead the young guys in the future.

Also it would give us options on some of our earlier picks, such as drafting a deep threat like Hunter.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm probably 100% wrong on this, but does anyone else have the feeling that the reason there is no movement yet on Nnamdi or Woodson is because we might still be lurking in the Revis situation? It just seems weird that there is absolutely no news coming from the team, with the exception of the Dahl visit, which seems weird, and the comments from Woodson's agent several days ago. As I said, I'm probably wrong, but there is nothing coming from the team. And Revis' 1mil bonus kicked in today. Something seems fishy to me. (in a good way)

I think we'll find out more this weekend but I'm leaning on it being unlikely as I would've thought we would've pushed harder when the Bucs were pushing for the deal.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, so all of the big time CB's are gone. I was kind of hoping that we would shape up certain areas of our secondary this year. With Goldson leaving and Rogers, Brown and Whitner all being gone next year you would think that we would at least start planning for the future. I understand that we might draft a few DB's but it would be nice to have an anchor like Sean Smith to lead the young guys in the future.

Also it would give us options on some of our earlier picks, such as drafting a deep threat like Hunter.

This is why I feel we might still be in play for Revis. Once again, I'm probably wrong.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

better not to force anyone? if we end up going the draft route, ok by me. not so bad adding a young CB now.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you think Brown is gone next year?