• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ohhhhh, I see what you're saying. Sorry I missed it, you're saying that if the roster is established and we have like 5 million left you want to see them adjust a contract so that 5 million from 2014 counts to 5 million in 2013 instead through a restructure. Right?

I honestly don't know, but I don't think that is possible. Otherwise we'd see constant restructures throughout the season. I am going to assume, but don't know for sure, that players who were under contract in 2012 and still under contract on March 12, 2013 the new NFL year... cannot adjust their salary cap hit after the new year. You know? I think that if they didn't adjust the salary cap hit before the new NFL year... it is too late to do it for the 2013 cap, now they can only adjust the cap hit for 2014.

Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry for the terminology confusion.

i'm no expert on it, but i know they did something crafty with Willis' contract and his bonus this past season. His contract was worth around 17M against the cap if I remember correctly. It was a great move that frees up a lot of room in the next few years.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I kind of wish that all these people who are referring to Skuta as "the next Costanzo" would stop. Costanzo was widely popular, established and already considered one of the best special teamers in the NFL when he came to the 49ers. I've seen nor read anything of significance that suggests Skuta is close to that yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Akbar_Gbaja: I predict The Bay Area will return two of its favorite sons in #FreeAgency.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ohhhhh, I see what you're saying. Sorry I missed it, you're saying that if the roster is established and we have like 5 million left you want to see them adjust a contract so that 5 million from 2014 counts to 5 million in 2013 instead through a restructure. Right?

I honestly don't know, but I don't think that is possible. Otherwise we'd see constant restructures throughout the season. I am going to assume, but don't know for sure, that players who were under contract in 2012 and still under contract on March 12, 2013 the new NFL year... cannot adjust their salary cap hit after the new NFL year. You know? I think that if they didn't adjust the salary cap hit before the new NFL year, March 12th... it is too late to do it for the 2013 cap, now they can only adjust the cap hit for 2014 and beyond.

You're right, it has to be done the year before. It's too late for this year...

49ers have plenty of room under new salary cap | CSN Bay Area
from March 2012:
In planning ahead, the 49ers felt they had enough space to restructure linebacker Patrick Willis' contract late last year to absorb a cap figure of more than 17 million on the 2012 cap. The move reduced his costs for future seasons.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry for the terminology confusion.

i'm no expert on it, but i know they did something crafty with Willis' contract and his bonus this past season. His contract was worth around 17M against the cap if I remember correctly. It was a great move that frees up a lot of room in the next few years.

Ya, I remember reading something about that but I don't remember enough of the details on it. i kind of just wrote it off as more paraag ninja stuff

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm guessing Woodson and Nnamdi are signing with the 49ers or Raiders based on his tweet.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@Akbar_Gbaja: I predict The Bay Area will return two of its favorite sons in #FreeAgency.

Akbar Gbaja-Biamila played 2 seasons with Nnamdi in Oakland. Nnamdi's first 2 years in Oakland actually. AGB spent two years with the Raiders (and 4 total in the NFL). He may have some kind of connection off the field to him that I don't know about.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also, I've always thought that if you look from the chin up on Akbar he looks incredibly close to a bald Vernon Davis. Could pass off as his brother. Just throwing that out there. :)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also works with Nnamdi and his foundation or at least helps promote it.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I've always thought that if you look from the chin up on Akbar he looks incredibly close to a bald Vernon Davis. Could pass off as his brother. Just throwing that out there. :)

yeah, i see what you're talking about now that VD isn't rocking those ridiculous dreads/braids

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe Woodson is going to be a 49er, well shit, I guess I just have to take one for the team and shut my effin mouth.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PFCentral: Heard from someone who knows the 49ers free agency board and Asomugha and Woodson are top 2 . I believe they will both sign.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodson brings ballhawking, blitzer and experience

Aso brings in the hunger to revitalize his CB career...

I want the Aso signing more so than Woodson, but I will like the Woodson one if true....

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MaioccoCSN: Hearing there's nothing imminent with 49ers and Nnamdi Asomugha, who visited Santa Clara on Thursday.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodson brings ballhawking, blitzer and experience

Aso brings in the hunger to revitalize his CB career...

I want the Aso signing more so than Woodson, but I will like the Woodson one if true....

You should look at Woodson's productivity with the Raiders, a team that pretty much gets hammered by the officials.

Then compare his productivity with the Raiders to what he did with the Packers, a team that plays to a different rulebook as the rest of the NFL. (Sanctioned cheating)

To sum it up, in 8 years with the Raiders Chucky Cheater had 17 INTs. In seven years with the Packers he had 38 INTs.

After watching this latest Super Bowl, I hope you no longer have illusions about favorable officiating for certain teams... and make no mistake about it, in the eyes of the NFL and the officials the 49ers are closer to the Raiders than they are the Packers. So the 49ers will be getting the worthless as shit Woodson... not the Packers Woodson.