• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i bet we don't use up all our cap space and instead restructure guys like bowman and frontload the money, thus freeing up more space to sign Kaep, Aldon, and Iupati in the future

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone says he signed a 1 years deal, they just haven't announced it officially yet. Speculation is that they are waiting for Delmas to sign so they can announce them together.

I'll believe it when I see it. These so called experts have been stating more predictions than facts. We want news, not some tease ass horse piss fairytale! :hellno:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i bet we don't use up all our cap space and instead restructure guys like bowman and frontload the money, thus freeing up more space to sign Kaep, Aldon, and Iupati in the future

Bowman? They just gave him a new contract a few months ago... a little early for restructure. I kind of assumed Paraag set up Bowman's contract so that when the time comes CK, Aldon, and Iupati become easier to keep. Just an assumption of course, based on Paraag's reputation as being a cap wizard.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we need to restructure anyone to re-sign those guys?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't gonna restructure Bowman, they just signed him to that new deal.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i guess i mean they'd frontload Bowman's bonus like they did Willis' contract this past season. The payout for Willis is a breeze from now on...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I'd miss Crabtree's blocking more than his receiving - He's very replaceable.

I dunno man, prior to CK I was mostly unimpressed by Crabtree... but since CK took over Crabtree turned into a baaaad mamajama. He was clutchtree. I mean, I know that he was anything but clutch on the three biggest downs of the season... but I feel like he deserves a pass for that because the CB played through him on 2nd down to prevent a catch, I know you agree with me that Randy ole'd his block on 3rd down which meh, i don't even want to talk about it still, so disgusted... and on 4th down, well, just on the wrong side of "let 'em play" so extra contact is allowed.

I'm kind of excited for what a healthy crabtree can do over 16 games with CK. People dog him on his deep threat, but if it wasn't for being on the wrong end of "let 'em play" again.. even in the Super Bowl he would have hauled in a bomb and changed perceptions... but nobody is catching shit when the DB jumps over you and rakes down your face and pulls your helmet down over your eyes...

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why would we need to restructure anyone to re-sign those guys?

it's probably not necessary but it gives us more flexibility during some of those years when we are going to have to make some tough decisions about some of our best players

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. My point is we don't need to restructure anyone. We simply need to sign extensions. We have $33M+ in cap space for 2014. $59M+ of cap space in 2015. And so forth.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. My point is we don't need to restructure anyone. We simply need to sign extensions. We have $33M+ in cap space for 2014. $59M+ of cap space in 2015. And so forth.

That is the Paraag reputation I was mentioning...

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had no idea we were looking so good in terms of the cap. Now I am really pissed that we let Sean Smith get away.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

you're right, we have a ton of space. why bother planning ahead and trying to make things even easier by lessoning the cap hit from our LBs???

for the record, i'd rather use the cap space signing abraham or another pass rusher on a short term contract, as well as Aso and Delmas on reasonable contracts if possible. But if the fits aren't there at the right price, lets just go with rookies and improve our future cap space by using the current year's space on Bowman's bonus or maybe even Rogers' bonus just to get it out of the way.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
49ers twitter:

#49ers have signed former Bengals LB Dan Skuta (@DSkuta51) to a two-year contact. #freeagency

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ricky Jean Francois:

I still love all my people in the Bay that help me became the player I am today. Always going to have love for the #BayArea

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is the Paraag reputation I was mentioning...

Paraag paid off all of Willis' bonus this past season because he had the space. His contract is very easy on the cap from here on out and we also are protected in case he has bad injury. Paraag is very focussed on long term success and flexibility - I think he's always looking for a little wiggle room to manipulate the cap space to their advantage for future years.

That being said, let's just sit back, relax, and let the master do his work - we'll see what happens! It's so nice to be able to trust those who run this organization again!!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right, we have a ton of space. why bother planning ahead and trying to make things even easier by lessoning the cap hit from our LBs???

for the record, i'd rather use the cap space signing abraham or another pass rusher on a short term contract, as well as Aso and Delmas on reasonable contracts if possible. But if the fits aren't there at the right price, lets just go with rookies and improve our future cap space by using the current year's space on Bowman's bonus or maybe even Rogers' bonus just to get it out of the way.

Ohhhhh, I see what you're saying. Sorry I missed it, you're saying that if the roster is established and we have like 5 million left you want to see them adjust a contract so that 5 million from 2014 counts to 5 million in 2013 instead through a restructure. Right?

I honestly don't know, but I don't think that is possible. Otherwise we'd see constant restructures throughout the season. I am going to assume, but don't know for sure, that players who were under contract in 2012 and still under contract on March 12, 2013 the new NFL year... cannot adjust their salary cap hit after the new NFL year. You know? I think that if they didn't adjust the salary cap hit before the new NFL year, March 12th... it is too late to do it for the 2013 cap, now they can only adjust the cap hit for 2014 and beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Steve Palazzolo (PFF):

For you Skuta fans, he tied for third in the league with 15 solo special teams tackles and graded at +3.5 on kickoffs, tied for second in lg