• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Manningham is only signed for this season.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go Jenkins!

Even if he does step up. We have boldin who will retire or cost too much to resign. Crabtree who will have one more yr and with how our office is I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't back especially if he's asking for crazy money.

Manning ham most likely gone or signed cheap. Williams I like but he fills 3rd we role.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do they expect Manningham to get healthy enough to play? Week4-8 or later?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manningham thinks he will be ready by week 1.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AlbertBreer: In addition to Adrian Wilson, Patriots will host ex-Falcons DE John Abraham on a visit tomorrow.

Fuck, I want Abraham.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Raiders free-agent DE Matt Shaughnessy is visiting Cardinals, then Titans on Friday and possibly Eagles if no other deal done.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Seahawks are really diving in. I can't remember the last time a team went off in free agency and had a lot of success follow. Those teams get a lot of media coverage as the most improved, then always seem to fall short year after year.

The only one I can really think of is the 1994 49ers. I think they added Deion Sanders, Ken Norton Jr, Rickey Jackson, Richard Dent, Charles Mann, Bart Oates, Gary Plummer, probably some others that I can't remember...

but yeah, I think the 49ers diving into FA that year and winning was the exception and not the norm. Teams typically fail when they do this, most recently being the Eagles.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next yr will be another Yr of WR searching.

No we wont Kyle Williams plays well with kap Jenkins willget burn we will draft one early this year and resign crabby

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we wont Kyle Williams plays well with kap Jenkins willget burn we will draft one early this year and resign crabby

I don't think the 49ers will be able to afford Crabtree. Presuming his level of play stays the same as it was when CK took over last year. He is going to put up some monster numbers and will likely want to be closer to Megatron's contract than Wallace's. I mean c'mon, he held out as the 10th pick because he wasn't happy with getting 10th pick money... that dude isn't taking anything less than top dollar when he becomes a FA.

From the Chicago game to the Super Bowl, 10 games, Crabtree had 61 catches 880 yards 8 TDs.

With Smith at QB, 8 games, he had 39 catches 440 yards 3 TDs.

I completely ignored the 1st Rams game because I don't care to dig through and separate stats from when Smith was QB and when CK was.. besides, I think you can already clearly see how much better Crabtree is with CK as the QB. Which implies that he'll probably put up pro-bowl numbers with a full 16 games with CK at QB

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think the 49ers will be able to afford Crabtree. Presuming his level of play stays the same as it was when CK took over last year. He is going to put up some monster numbers and will likely want to be closer to Megatron's contract than Wallace's. I mean c'mon, he held out as the 10th pick because he wasn't happy with getting 10th pick money... that dude isn't taking anything less than top dollar when he becomes a FA.

From the Chicago game to the Super Bowl, 10 games, Crabtree had 61 catches 880 yards 8 TDs.

With Smith at QB, 8 games, he had 39 catches 440 yards 3 TDs.

I completely ignored the 1st Rams game because I don't care to dig through and separate stats from when Smith was QB and when CK was.. besides, I think you can already clearly see how much better Crabtree is with CK as the QB. Which implies that he'll probably put up pro-bowl numbers with a full 16 games with CK at QB

i like having crabs but i wouldn't pay him the contract wallace got. better to spend the money elsewhere. crabs is just a glorified position receive who poses no deep threat.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Akbar_Gbaja: Nnamdi Asomugha just left the @49ers facility. What happens next? I have the exclusive. #FreeAgency

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@Akbar_Gbaja: Nnamdi Asomugha just left the @49ers facility. What happens next? I have the exclusive. #FreeAgency

clear some cap space to let our new guests hit the road without a contract? Doesn't add up...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jim Wyatt:

Raiders DL Matt Shaughnessy is scheduled to visit to the #Titans over the weekend. If he gets out of Arizona...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, I'd miss Crabtree's blocking more than his receiving - He's very replaceable.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora:

Ed Reed still out to dinner with Texans officials, as well as WR Andre Johnson, who actively recruited him to Houston, and OL Chris Myers

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so is Aso signed or not?

Everyone says he signed a 1 years deal, they just haven't announced it officially yet. Speculation is that they are waiting for Delmas to sign so they can announce them together.