• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace re-signed with the Jets

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It doesn’t appear the San Francisco 49ers are going to make a major impact at their most pressing need areas via free agency.

It’s not surprising. The 49ers just don’t have much money. What was surprising really was that they were even in play for some of the bigger names, particularly at receiver.

The 49ers, who currently have less than $4 million in in salary cap room, made some noise in recent days by pursuing receivers and cornerback. None of the pursuits materialized. Saturday night, Pittsburgh receiver Emmanuel Sanders cancelled a visit to sign with Denver. Earlier Saturday, Julian Edelman returned to the Patriots after visiting his hometown 49ers on Friday.

Sunday morning, Seattle cornerback Walter Thurmond signed a $3.5 million one-year deal with the New York Giants. He visited the 49ers on Friday. It was the same deal former 49ers’ cornerback Tarell Brown signed with the Raiders.

I believe losing Thurmond was a bigger deal than the receivers. The 49ers need youth at receiver, but they probably need a little more veteran experience at cornerback.

There isn’t much left on the market at either position. The top cornerbacks are Dominuque Rodgers-Cromartie and Antonio Cromartie. Rodgers-Cromartie would be a great fit, but he is looking for a lot of money. At receiver, the top options are James Jones, Santonio Holmes, Sidney Rice and Kenny Britt.

Even if the 49ers do dip into the market, they will very likely concentrate on these two positions in the draft where they have 11 picks and the flexibility to move up particularly since they don’t have many other needs."

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet 1h

#Jets are still looking to add a WR, and source says they are interested in Sidney Rice. #Saints are too, & #Seahawks would welcome a return

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet 2h

The #Seahawks agreed to terms with productive kicker Steven Hauschka on a 3-year deal worth $9.15M, including $3.35M guaranteed, source says

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet 2h

The #Seahawks agreed to terms with productive kicker Steven Hauschka on a 3-year deal worth $9.15M, including $3.35M guaranteed, source says

I saw that thats alot of money for a kicker but I do think he deserved it. He has played really well the last couple of years

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that thats alot of money for a kicker but I do think he deserved it. He has played really well the last couple of years

It is very similar to what we gave Dawson but he has a third year. We gave Dawson 2 for $6.134M with $3M gtd.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raiders signed James Jones. Wahoo! He's not a damn Packer anymore! Finally.

I wonder YET AGAIN what it would take to trade for Denarius Moore? He has a cap hit of 1.436M this year and is entering the final year of his deal. I'd look to see what it would take and then extend him long term if I could get something done.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Giants signed Trindon Holliday to a 1 year deal. :doh:

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRC to the Giants 5 years $39 mil

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
3m Authorities say Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay is in jail after being stopped for suspected drunken driving Sunday night.

:L

That guy is making himself look like one of the douchiest owners ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raiders signed James Jones. Wahoo! He's not a damn Packer anymore! Finally.

I wonder YET AGAIN what it would take to trade for Denarius Moore? He has a cap hit of 1.436M this year and is entering the final year of his deal. I'd look to see what it would take and then extend him long term if I could get something done.

Unfortunately the Packers are bringing back James Starks on a 2-year deal, according to Schefter tonight. Until they had Lacy fall right into their laps, he was always their best and scariest running back IMO.