• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Argh! The Patriots are also bringing in Brandon Browner for a visit tomorrow.

----------------

Greg Gauman:

I can confirm that free-agent tackle Anthony Collins is choosing between Bucs, Panthers and return to Bengals. Offers have comparable money.

I really hope he stays with the Bengals.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And the Cardinals signed Jonathan Dwyer. He's been one of the more knocked around, underappreciated RB names in the NFL for a long while now IMO. Have I said I hate the last two offseasons? Granted this one is still in the process.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports the Jets will continue to pursue free agent James Jones even if they land Eric Decker.
The Jets are putting the full-court press on Decker as we speak. So at least they are aware they need two new starting wideouts, and plan to do something about it. Jones and Decker have both been touchdown-scoring receivers throughout their careers, though they've been playing with Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning, respectively. Their fantasy values would suffer in New York.
Related: Jets
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter Mar 12 - 10:33 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Davis just did the smartest move since he took over. He nixed the deal with Saffold due to a failed physical and now hopefully he will can Reggie McClueless.
The Rams immediately re-signed Saffold as a result.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ted Ginn is visiting the Bucs. I've given up almost all hope of a reunion because the 49ers wouldn't use him the way he wants but I'd rather have him in TB than back in Carolina.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Cardinals signed Jonathan Dwyer. He's been one of the more knocked around, underappreciated RB names in the NFL for a long while now IMO. Have I said I hate the last two offseasons? Granted this one is still in the process.

He has less than 1000 yards total in 4 years. In what ways is he underappreciated?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He has less than 1000 yards total in 4 years. In what ways is he underappreciated?

He's one of the better blockers in the NFL, has some of the best footwork of all the big backs, his breakaway percentage among all big backs is one of the best in the NFL (most of them do it on a small sample size, however), opponents consistently say he's horrible to tackle in short yardage and he gets rave reviews from teammates for the kind of player he has become after a rough start. He does so many small things well.

Last edited by a moderator:

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's one of the better blockers in the NFL, has some of the best footwork of all the big backs, his breakaway percentage among all big backs is one of the best in the NFL (most of them do it on a small sample size, however), opponents consistently say he's horrible to tackle in short yardage and he gets rave reviews from teammates for the kind of player he has become after a rough start. He does so many small things well.

How come coaches and front office people don't see this stuff?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How come coaches and front office people don't see this stuff?

If anybody in the NFL or out of it has watched him play enough they would see most, if not all of those things. Just watch him. And if they talk around to many of his teammates they'd hear the same things.

Now it's certainly possible they'd also get some of the negative things one could say about Dwyer, much of it probably from before he got his crap in gear, but there'd be a number of people who'd probably be willing to pound the table in support of him I'd be willing to bet.

There could be some unknown health issues that creep into the picture that I don't know about, too, which I should have probably mentioned earlier.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Davis just did the smartest move since he took over. He nixed the deal with Saffold due to a failed physical and now hopefully he will can Reggie McClueless.
The Rams immediately re-signed Saffold as a result.

I think Watson will be the lt anyways, they could go with a top lg in the 2nd round and have a solid line. Of course they should still go after another CHEAPER vet lt just in case Watson busts.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap!

@AdamSchefter: And now the Eagles have reached agreement with former Dolphins CB Nolan Carroll. Philly moving and shaking.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mattbarrows: Cross him off #49ers' list ... @MikeGarafolo Nolan Carroll's deal with the Eagles: two years, $5.2m with more in incentives, per source.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Think we'll make a splash with a guy like DRC or are we stuck with Cook and move on to the draft?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter: OT Rodger Saffold and Rams reached agreement on 5-yr, $31.7M deal that includes $19.5M gtd. Saffold has option to void deal after 3 years.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per @JasonLaCanfora, Seattle CB Walter Thurmond has visit scheduled to Bucs, Redskins. Has already been to Jags, talking with Seattle.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter 4m

Buccaneers gave former Bengals OT Anthony Collins a 5-year, $30M deal, including $15M gtd.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Clemons - DL - Jaguars

Jaguars signed DE Chris Clemons, formerly of the Seahawks, to a four-year contract