• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JasonLaCanfora: Bucs delayed time of their free agent press conference - pushing to add Josh McCown and Anthony Collins to their haul. Very good chance

Te Bucs are going "Buc" wild these past two years in FA. It really paid off last year haha. Luckily Josh McCown might actually make them a competitor. If only they weren't in the talented NFC South.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Steve Smith is leaving Carolina one way or the other. More than likely he will be released. Does anyone think it's worth taking a one year chance on him? And would he even fit the team? Does he still have the speed to be a slot receiver?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Steve Smith is leaving Carolina one way or the other. More than likely he will be released. Does anyone think it's worth taking a one year chance on him? And would he even fit the team? Does he still have the speed to be a slot receiver?

He could be potentially scary as a 2nd/3rd WR. He's always been a number one for the Panthers. I think he's got another year or two left in him.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be potentially scary as a 2nd/3rd WR. He's always been a number one for the Panthers. I think he's got another year or two left in him.

I just saw in an article that his agent said he would actually prefer to play in the slot, but that in Carolina they didn't have the personnel for him to do that. I wonder what kind of $ he's going to look for if he gets cut. I think Carolina has to pay him $3 mil regardless, so he could afford to take a bit of a pay cut to try and win a championship. Plus, nothing would be a bigger eff you to the Panthers, than signing with the team that knocked them out of the playoffs.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how the Broncos have so much damn money..

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw in an article that his agent said he would actually prefer to play in the slot, but that in Carolina they didn't have the personnel for him to do that. I wonder what kind of $ he's going to look for if he gets cut. I think Carolina has to pay him $3 mil regardless, so he could afford to take a bit of a pay cut to try and win a championship. Plus, nothing would be a bigger eff you to the Panthers, than signing with the team that knocked them out of the playoffs.

I'm not sure how much we would need him. If we have to move on from Crabs, Boldin, and potentially Steve smith I think I would prefer to get our draft picks more involved in the offense.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SportsCenter: BREAKING: Broncos, DeMarcus Ware reach an agreement on a 3-year, $30M deal w/ $20M guaranteed, pending a physical. (via @AdamSchefter)

Shit.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter: DeMarcus Ware's Denver deal will pay him $13M this year - $250,000 more than he was scheduled to make from Cowboys, who released him Tues.

13 mil this year alone?? Again...how? Watch then snatch up a couple good WR's in the draft an have no oline...don't they learn?

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@AdamSchefter: DeMarcus Ware's Denver deal will pay him $13M this year - $250,000 more than he was scheduled to make from Cowboys, who released him Tues.

13 mil this year alone?? Again...how? Watch then snatch up a couple good WR's in the draft an have no oline...don't they learn?

Must be playing with monopoly money this year to win or bust. I guess they felt the need to splurge after getting absolutely destroyed in the Super Bowl.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet 40s

Josh McCown has agreed to a two-year deal with the #Bucs, according to agent @MikeMcCartney7

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis officially released by the Bucs. Possible landing spots are the Jets, Patriots, Giants, and Eagles.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate - WR - Lions

Lions agreed to terms with WR Golden Tate, formerly of the Seahawks, on a five-year contract.
Related: Seahawks
Source: Tim Twentyman on Twitter
Mar 12 - 3:35 PM

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis officially released by the Bucs. Possible landing spots are the Jets, Patriots, Giants, and Eagles.

If he was cut a team can offer him whatever contract they like right??

He said he wanted to play here so why not make him an offer

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're correct. He and his agent can negotiate with any team. He made $16M last season. I don't know how much he would ask for, but I hope the Niners make an offer. The question is do they have enough cap space.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Maybe he'll give us a call and offer his services for $7m/year....then I'll wake up.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MaioccoCSN: A year ago, Isaac Sopoaga signed with Eagles. Today, the Patriots cut him. And 49ers have moved on with Glenn Dorsey & Ian Williams at NT.

#Matt Maiocco

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're correct. He and his agent can negotiate with any team. He made $16M last season. I don't know how much he would ask for, but I hope the Niners make an offer. The question is do they have enough cap space.

If the Broncos can find the cap space then Marathe will find a way.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter: Cleveland Browns will be releasing quarterback Brandon Weeden, per @MikeSilver.

That didn't last long. Browns obviously going Qb early in the draft.