• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. We're set at Rb and we already have Hunter and LaMIchael James to fill a similar role. I'm surprised somebody is willing to trade for him.

I was thinking for our KR/PR issues

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. We're set at Rb and we already have Hunter and LaMIchael James to fill a similar role. I'm surprised somebody is willing to trade for him.

James doesn't fill a role on this team.

Unless there is a reserved spot for worthless POS.

We need a returner but I don't know that Sproles is the answer. I love the Archer idea, and I would consider Hester if he is still available.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James doesn't fill a role on this team.

Unless there is a reserved spot for worthless POS.

We need a returner but I don't know that Sproles is the answer. I love the Archer idea, and I would consider Hester if he is still available.

I'm willing to give him another year. He does have value on returns, though.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to give him another year. He does have value on returns, though.

Remember when he Kyle Williams'd it up in the NFCCG?

:puke:

He's slow, inagile (is that a word?), he falls down if you so much as look at him, and he's shaky on punt returns. He's a worthless horrible POS of a player and a disgrace to the game of football and I can't wait until they get rid of him.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when he Kyle Williams'd it up in the NFCCG?

:puke:

He's slow, inagile (is that a word?), he falls down if you so much as look at him, and he's shaky on punt returns. He's a worthless horrible POS of a player and a disgrace to the game of football and I can't wait until they get rid of him.

Even great players make mistakes. If he was worthless he would have been cut or traded. We will just have to wait and see.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame James struggle on out coaches not getting him involved or our type of offense. I would love a guy like sproles however he just might be wasted on here as we'll.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LMJ was starting to hit his stride towards the end of his rookie season. There was that key punt return against the Pats and the TD against Atlanta in the playoffs. And he played pretty well in the SB up until that fumble at the goal line when he tried to fight for extra yards. It's been all downhill from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@PFF_Jeff: Chris Cook allowed 9 TDs (T-1st among CBs) in coverage last year, with no interceptions. 140.3 QB rating allowed was 2nd highest among CBs.

RT by Matt Barrows

I posted this in the other thread, but this is concerning. Giving him more than a small one year contract seems illogical.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@PFF_Jeff: Chris Cook allowed 9 TDs (T-1st among CBs) in coverage last year, with no interceptions. 140.3 QB rating allowed was 2nd highest among CBs.

RT by Matt Barrows

I posted this in the other thread, but this is concerning. Giving him more than a small one year contract seems illogical.

agreed

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Regardless of who they grab as a FA CB, I'd be shocked if we didn't draft a CB in the first two rounds. Same goes for WR. Baalke won't go crazy. He'll make remedial filler moves to address needs in the beginning of FA, and then wait for the market to evaporate before he swoops in and extracts value. He was very patient when we landed Rogers, and expect the same approach again.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm hoping this is the same type of signing as Dahl last year. Everyone freaked out thinking he would be the starter then they drafted Reid. Hopefully they are thinking along the same lines...

That Dahl signing was terrible. I pretty much knew at the time we were going to address the safety position in the draft so that wasn't my main concern, it was the money he was given. Him restructuring this off season helped to heal that a little bit but he still was way over paid.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RavensInsider: Seahawks cutting Chris Clemons: Defensive end released Seahawks cutting Chris Clemons | National Football Post @footballpost #NFL

Lots of good 4-3 DE's left out there. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tampa, Atlanta, Carolina, or the saints pounce. With Jared Allen, Peppers, and Clemons all out there it definitely bodes well for the NFC South.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JasonLaCanfora: While many older pass rushers might not do so well, talking to evaluators, sense is Ware could get $10M or more/year in Denver

How the fuck are thy affording all of these guys? They have to make some cuts...right? I hate John Elway more and more each year.