• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For vet min, I hope we are one of the 5.

Kenny Britt - WR - Titans

A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that "four our five" teams are interested in free agent Kenny Britt.
The Redskins are reported to be one. PFT speculates the Patriots could be another, as Bill Belichick has an affinity for former Rutgers players. Britt is going to have to settle for a one-year deal worth about the league minimum.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised TBrown hasn't got any offers yet. Is he asking for too much? What would it take for the Niners to resign him?

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Brown isnt getting any offers I would offer him like 3 years 12 million.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith officially cut.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steve Smith released by Carolina Panthers - ESPN

Was Smith clearly gone before the Combine comments? It seems that if you wanted to trade him, you'd want people to think you want him but will listen to offers. But the comments sounded like, "yeah, we don't want him any more... trade? BTW, we'll release him if you don't and still pay him." I know that someone said that Carolina didn't have the personnel to run what was best for him at this stage (slot receiver) and he's getting old and was injured last year. Plus, the contract was a factor, but when you are going to pay him 7M of your cap to release him (this year and next, 3M in money this year, the rest was a signing bonus spread out), why make comments publicly that express that he might not have a role with you? Did they think he was going to take a pay cut?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Nicks visting the Colts. That would be a nice pick up for the Colts.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mattbarrows: Cross him off #49ers' list ... @MikeGarafolo Nolan Carroll's deal with the Eagles: two years, $5.2m with more in incentives, per source.

Damn! Was holding out hope we would grab him- especially at that price.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T Brown mentioned he had interest from teams on the East Coast but he wouldn't say which.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T Brown mentioned he had interest from teams on the East Coast but he wouldn't say which.

I can see the market drying up on him and us maybe signing him for a yr on a prove it deal. Kinda like Goldson situation. However I'm sure brown feels he should be paid more than Brock. Market will dictate that.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go:

Tarell Brown - DB - 49ers

The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are interested in free agent CBs Tarell Brown and Walter Thurmond III.
Miami is in need of a starter opposite Brent Grimes after losing Nolan Carroll to the Eagles. They reportedly have a lot of faith in second-year CB Jamar Taylor but want to add a veteran to the mix. Brown's market has been nonexistent.
Related: Dolphins, Walter Thurmond III, Jamar Taylor
Source: Miami Herald
Mar 13 - 2:34 PM

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarell Brown - DB - 49ers
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are interested in free agent CBs Tarell Brown and Walter Thurmond III.
Miami is in need of a starter opposite Brent Grimes after losing Nolan Carroll to the Eagles. They reportedly have a lot of faith in second-year CB Jamar Taylor but want to add a veteran to the mix. Brown's market has been nonexistent.
Related: Dolphins, Walter Thurmond III, Jamar Taylor
Source: Miami Herald Mar 13 - 2:34 PM
Player Outlook
Game Log
Career Stats
Draft Advice

Beat me to if ray

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Steve Smith released by Carolina Panthers - ESPN

Was Smith clearly gone before the Combine comments? It seems that if you wanted to trade him, you'd want people to think you want him but will listen to offers. But the comments sounded like, "yeah, we don't want him any more... trade? BTW, we'll release him if you don't and still pay him." I know that someone said that Carolina didn't have the personnel to run what was best for him at this stage (slot receiver) and he's getting old and was injured last year. Plus, the contract was a factor, but when you are going to pay him 7M of your cap to release him (this year and next, 3M in money this year, the rest was a signing bonus spread out), why make comments publicly that express that he might not have a role with you? Did they think he was going to take a pay cut?

I wonder if they pursue Hakeem Nicks now? That would be another one that would irritate me big time. I haven't caught up on all of today's news so I may have missed something.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they pursue Hakeem Nicks now? That would be another one that would irritate me big time. I haven't caught up on all of today's news so I may have missed something.

Nicks is visiting the Colts so they may not get the chance.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I heard on the radio that Seahawks might look at smith? I could be wrong but thought i heard it. Sorry no link.

Also ginn is meeting with cardinals. Boobie met with titans. 49ers have interest in bringing back Osgood.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sproles might be the free agency steal for the Eagles that Boldin was for us last year.

That's another one that ticks me off. He was never going to be a Niner and I'm finally good with that. But there are quite a few systems I'd have liked to see him end up in before I'd pick Kelly's as a 49ers fan. Argh!

I'm not the type of guy like most to call out a herd of people when they were right or wrong but I think on this one I do have to make note of it on here that there were quite a few teams who were interested in his services (Schefter said 7-8 legitimate contenders). I argued against the idea on here in December that there wouldn't be many suitors for him and that he was officially done as an effective player. We'll have to wait and see on how productive he can be before I can say I'm right on that one but there did seem to be more suitors for him than some thought IMO.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nicks is visiting the Colts so they may not get the chance.

Yep. I just saw that after I posted what I did. I'd rather he end up in the AFC for sure but I don't like seeing the Colts make so many good hires/signings/additions since the new regime (Grigson) took over. Although, I don't actually mind it as much anymore when the Colts win so maybe I shouldn't mind if he becomes a Colt. It's far better than seeing him go to a team that I can't stand in the AFC (Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, etc.).

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter 2m

After giving the Giants a chance to improve their offer, DE Justin Tuck is accepting a two-year, $11 million deal with the Oakland Raiders.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ted Ginn is visiting the Cardinals. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! :L