• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think he was excited to see Revis wants to be a niner.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It got me excited/worried for a second. Not cool bro.

Where does it say anywhere that Revis wants to be a 9er? Did I miss something?

Pro football central reported that Revis told Tamba he prefered to play for the niners.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only ways I see Revis as a Niner is either they cut him or he restructures that ridiculous deal

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Only ways I see Revis as a Niner is either they cut him or he restructures that ridiculous deal

Revis has no incentive to restructure unless the Niners trade for him & turn some of that salary into a signing bounus. And the only way that would make sense is if they wanted him around for the long term, which I think would be a mistake. I say rent the guy for 2 years.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis has no incentive to restructure unless the Niners trade for him & turn some of that salary into a signing bounus. And the only way that would make sense is if they wanted him around for the long term, which I think would be a mistake. I say rent the guy for 2 years.

He's probably looking for a 4 year deal.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that he will likely be done in 2 or 3 years. I hope he refuses to restructure and then gets cut and then we sign him for 2-3 years.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3m Three teams showing interest in RB Toby Gerhart, per source. They are the Niners, Jaguars and Browns.

I could get behind a Toby G signing.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
3m Three teams showing interest in RB Toby Gerhart, per source. They are the Niners, Jaguars and Browns.

:omg: I strongly dislike so many things they do in FA. Year in and year out. Gerhart is my running back version of Colt freaking McCoy. Maybe the worst possible realistic add at RB for the 49ers and I HATE RB wastes more than any other position in the NFL. Marecic would be a similar signing at FB if they actually ever pulled the trigger on him.

I should come up with my worst realistic names at each position and see how many end up becoming 49ers over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm with Pozz on this one. Gerhart brings nothing to the table IMO. If they want a goal-line RB use a defensive tackle.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I admit that I'm partly saying this because I've always really liked him a lot but the Giants signing Rashad Jennings is one of those less talked about signings that's going to scare the hell out of me in the NFC.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mattbarrows: Interesting. Baalke mending fences w/ Harbaugh? @MikeGarafolo Three teams showing interest in RB Toby Gerhart: Niners, Jaguars and Browns.

Like many have already said. What's the point? Maybe we trade LaMichael James and I'm slightly more interested. We really don't need RB help right now, though.