• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I wouldn't read it that way. The team just isn't going to pay a premium to keep their rights. I think that's the right move. Hell, Cox and Tukuafu were on the open market during the season, and still re-signed with the team. Dobbs is the only one I would even consider tendering, and with TJE's emergence, Williams' return from injury, and Dial and Carradine in the mix next year, he's on the outside looking in as it is.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I like Brown more than many, but I can't see the team offering him all that much more than we did last time we tried to extend him. It's a good CB class in the draft, and he's not a difference maker. Even if we retain him, I'd like to add a CB relatively high in the draft.

I read somewhere they are trying to sign him to a deal similar to Brock's.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll take just about anyone over Lamichael James returning kicks. Hester, Ginn, ODB, Dri Archer, Trindon Holliday if it wouldn't take too high a pick to sign him (I think he's a RFA).

Holliday is an EXCLUSIVE rights free agent.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read somewhere they are trying to sign him to a deal similar to Brock's.

I think that's what they offered him before they offered it to Brock and he turned it down. I'd think it will take more than that to lock him up.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's what they offered him before they offered it to Brock and he turned it down. I'd think it will take more than that to lock him up.

I don't think he's going to get more than Brock. He might have to take that deal if he wants to play. Luckily I'm much more interested in FA's like Gilbert, Verrett, Roby, and even a few other guys. I'd still take Brown at the right price, but I think it may be in our best interest to move on.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet: D’Qwell Jackson has agreed to terms with the #Colts, per source.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JasonLaCanfora: D'Qwell Jackson has agreed to terms with the Colts. 4yrs $22M with $11M guaranteed. Beats the 2014 guaranteed money he would've had with CLE

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFC West bidding war could be coming between the 49ers and Seahawks for DE Michael Bennett. Story coming at PFT.
8:50am - 7 Mar 14

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
An NFC West bidding war could be coming between the 49ers and Seahawks for DE Michael Bennett. Story coming at PFT.
8:50am - 7 Mar 14

So..... Who would go on our line? Ray Mac? Justin Smith? Can't see dropping huge dollars on a D-lineman unless he starts. Smith says he will retire before he becomes a back up. Ray Mac makes starter money as well. Seems like a lot of money wrapped up in a position.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those I don't buy it at all because it makes zero sense. Say we played more 43 with Willis in the middle while Bow is sidelined. Are we really gonna take Brooks or Aldon off the field so Bennett can line up at end? I say hell to the fuck no.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vontae Davis - DB - Colts

The Indianapolis Star reports the Colts and free agent CB Vontae Davis aren't close to a deal.
"No deal is imminent, and the sides are relatively far apart in negotiations," writes Stephen Holder. The Colts have roughly 12 hours before Davis' agent can legally begin negotiating with the other 31 teams. At this point, Davis may as well test the open market and see what's out there. The Colts badly want to re-sign Davis but seem unwilling to commit the top dollars he wants right now.
Source: Indianapolis Star
Mar 7 - 12:07 PM
:hammer:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos will not tender exclusive rights free agent KR Trindon Holliday a contract, making him an unrestricted free agent.
Holliday was a revelation after coming over from the Texans in 2012, but struggled with fumbles and decision-making last season. He was in the middle of the pack in both punt- and kick-return average. The pint-sized return man isn't going to burn up the open market.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidney Rice - WR - Free Agent

USA Today's Tom Pelissero reports free agent Sidney Rice (knee) is "on track" to be cleared for the start of OTAs.
Rice tore his ACL on October 29. His new team might not push him much in OTAs, but Rice should be full go for minicamp and training camp this summer. He's been linked to the Panthers. Coach Pete Carroll also didn't rule out a return to the Seahawks. Injury-prone Rice will likely have to settle for a one-year deal.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagoffs re-signed Henne to a two year deal. They just can't quit him lol.