• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Franklin And The Mariner Way

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just goes along with the other comments from former management about Jack and his coldness to people below him. I am just not a fan of his and I am not really sure how much involvement he really had drafting the guys for the Brewers that some say he did. I know he took part in the drafts, but was it really his final say that led to drafting those guys? Maybe he did, but he hasn't shown me anything since being in the big chair where he can't blame others for all the mistakes.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

Given that performance, I asked some evaluators how they view Franklin, who turns 23 years old in early March, and what the best approach the Mariners could take with him.

Their feedback:

“I like Franklin -- don't love him,” e-mailed a longtime evaluator. “Have to give him credit for track record and more power than his body would suggest. I think the Dodgers are a good fit, but the Mariners likely won't trade him unless they can fill a specific need. They could still option Franklin and be patient with respect to a trade.”

From a front-office evaluator: “Franklin to me represents extreme risk because of his excessive strikeout ratio. It has always been high, and he's not a terrific athlete either, and had to move from shortstop to second base, and may have to move to the outfield potentially. The best thing the Mariners can do with Franklin is hold on to him, hope he rakes in the PCL and try to include him in a deal for something they want this summer. Robinson Cano, Brad Miller, and Kyle Seager aren't going anywhere.”

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm biased but I think Franklin is a good prospect still. As one of those scouts mentioned he does have good power despite a small body size. He turns 23 in March so is still pretty young. If he could lower the strike out ratio and get his BA back up he could be an outstanding player. I'm much better at scouting football but I feel as if Franklin has good potential, the Mariners unfortunately just don't have a spot for him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the comment was a positive. I took it as meaning he has to over swing to generate the power needed due to his size which leads to a lot of K's. Maybe I over-thought it, but that is what I perceived.