• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Gore

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With today's efforts he now has another 1000 yard rushing season. Question is, what do we do with him next year or with the RB's. Essentially we will have 3 RB's needing playing time with Gore, Hunter, and Lattimore. Who gets the most carries? Do we let Gore take it until he shows he can't handle the majority of the carries anymore?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd like to see hunter get more carries to take the load off of gore. lattimore eventually will replace gore, but he needs to prove himself before that happens.

gore still has his shifty quickness

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lattimore. ?????
he may be great. He may not.
Gore has destroyed the Hawks in SF.

NO doubt. Gore plays the next big game this season against my hawks. gl.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He looked good in practice according to reports. People said he was moving and cutting just like before the injuries. Time will tell. Seems like a good kid.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lattimore. ?????
he may be great. He may not.
Gore has destroyed the Hawks in SF.

NO doubt. Gore plays the next big game this season against my hawks. gl.

ngbbs4acbcf48186eb.jpg

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gore has 2-3 years left in the tank. I think he can still handle the majority of the carries but we will be cutting into them with the RBs you mentioned. Im not sure if its me being a homer but I pulling for Gore to last those 2-3 years like I said and get 2000-3000 more rushing yards. If he was able to do that he could end up with 12,000 career rushing yards and be in the 10 top of all time leading running backs. Im pulling for Gore to get into the HOF and im not sure saying his career ended today he would have done enough to make it. Being in the 10 top with RBs like Emmitt, Peyton, Sanders, Martin, LT, Dickerson, Dorsett, Jim Brown, Faulk I think would do it for him.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gore will end up off the 49ers next year as a salary cap casualty and hopefully he will retire. But, I think he will go to another team for a year or two just like Issac Bruce did with the Rams.

I easily can see him going to Miami to be home or to a good team who needs RB help like LT did with the Jets before they fell apart. I am thinking his top 3 choices for next year are:

1) Browns
2) Dolphins
3) Retire

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gore has 2-3 years left in the tank. I think he can still handle the majority of the carries but we will be cutting into them with the RBs you mentioned. Im not sure if its me being a homer but I pulling for Gore to last those 2-3 years like I said and get 2000-3000 more rushing yards. If he was able to do that he could end up with 12,000 career rushing yards and be in the 10 top of all time leading running backs. Im pulling for Gore to get into the HOF and im not sure saying his career ended today he would have done enough to make it. Being in the 10 top with RBs like Emmitt, Peyton, Sanders, Martin, LT, Dickerson, Dorsett, Jim Brown, Faulk I think would do it for him.

A Superbowl would help

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF Gore is a cap casualty, so be it. don't think so but it is possible.

but which other teams rely so much on "power running"?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we get rid of Gore we need to find our Future back. We hope its Lettimore but who knows. Hunter is a good change of pace back.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Gore as a cap casualty next year we don't have a replacement for him. Hunter is not a power back and we don't know what Lattimore is yet. I think it is safe to say Gore has at least 1 more year with the Niners. Though they probably keep him around and ride him until the wheels fall off.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Gore will be the starter next year, he will not be cut

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Gore gets Cut. He will be the starter next year and he will rush for 1000 yards again if healthy.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
there is no chance that gore will be off the team. if anyone is gonna be gone its Dixon. James will be relegated to 4th rb/st duty. I personally think Hunter has a great ability as a runner to fall forward and get those two extra yards that every rb dreams of. I REALLY hope that Lattimore can be our future rb, but I also wouldn't mind a tag team of Hunter/Lattimore for several years.

I don't think Gore is going to ever sign with another team. That may be the homer in me talking, but I know how appreciative he was of us as a franchise taking a risk on him coming out of college and I know he feels a lot of attachment and dedication to us.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no chance that gore will be off the team. if anyone is gonna be gone its Dixon. James will be relegated to 4th rb/st duty. I personally think Hunter has a great ability as a runner to fall forward and get those two extra yards that every rb dreams of. I REALLY hope that Lattimore can be our future rb, but I also wouldn't mind a tag team of Hunter/Lattimore for several years.

I don't think Gore is going to ever sign with another team. That may be the homer in me talking, but I know how appreciative he was of us as a franchise taking a risk on him coming out of college and I know he feels a lot of attachment and dedication to us.

Dixon is a UFA. People said the same about Rice, Montana, Lott if Gore still wants to play but the 49ers don't want him he will go to another team.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dixon is a UFA. People said the same about Rice, Montana, Lott if Gore still wants to play but the 49ers don't want him he will go to another team.

I knew he was coming up soon.. Dixon that is..

I understand people said that about those three.. however I think there is a difference between Gore and them, whether its related to his perceived learning challenge or not I dunno.. I just have that feeling. but yea I guess there is always that possibility.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew he was coming up soon.. Dixon that is..

I understand people said that about those three.. however I think there is a difference between Gore and them, whether its related to his perceived learning challenge or not I dunno.. I just have that feeling. but yea I guess there is always that possibility.

I hope you are right because Frank won't look right in anyone else's jersey but its the NFL anything can happen.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

recall Rice was 38 or 39 when he was re-upping? a multi year deal didn't make sense for him AT THAT TIME. he did go on to prove he wasn't washed up, so he was that rare player still effective in his 40's......not counting kickers.

Montana left mainly because of Young, not because he was done. granted his injuries were piling up.

don't recall on Lott?

on Gore, makes sense to let him play out his last year? if they gave him a "49er friendly" extension, fine with me too, one of those contracts that look good on the surface. just a little recognition for his years of quality/team play.

Last edited by a moderator: