• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Franchises Like Transformers and Fast & Furious Suck

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one I've ever seen was the third one, "Dark of the Moon". I had to look that up to remember the full title of the movie. Literally none of the acting was memorable on any level as far as I can recall, and all I do actually remember was all the typical Michael Bay over the top explosions, action sequences and such. That and, the action sequences being dragged on way too long - I distinctly recall for at least the last 25 minutes or so of the movie, wondering when in the world they were going to finally end that movie so I could leave the theater in peace. Got dragged to it by my now wife, and her sister was there with us as well.

It just confirmed to me everything I heard about the first two movies being crappy. Supposedly the first one was acceptable enough, which might be true, but if they already had run out of ideas by the third one that it was nothing but outdrawn action scenes with a little crappy acting here and there, then how are these movies still so popular to the point where the fourth one did so well in theaters and they are set to make a fifth? People must just love seeing the same garbage over and over again, because I imagine that's all the rest of those movies were for the most part either. It's the same concept as The Fast and the Furious movies, seriously, I have no idea how people want to keep watching the same stupid junk for 6 movies (now going on 7 in the case of Fast and Furious). I've seen parts of the first few Fast and Furious movies, and was dragged to the 6th one in theaters, and it was a joke.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never have seen the Transformers.

I liked the first 2 movies in the Fast and Furious series. They were new and different.
Have watched some of the others but they don't interest me at all. Just films to make money, nothing new to them.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the first Transformer movie... I just operate as if they didn't exist.

As far as Fast and Furious goes. ....I think it's a testament to the lack of car culture in represented in movies, I mean they're not great movies by any stretch, nothing more than car ****, short skirts and reasons to blow stuff up.

Personally, I am a fan of car ****, short skirts and things blowing up. ...it's a good summer, popcorn series. It may seem comical but that first movie struck a nerve with the youth and they support it accordingly.