• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mad Max: Furiosa (2024)

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad Max: Fury Road is one of my favorite action movies of all time, and Furiosa was a big part of that, so I'm very interested in this movie.

Still, Trailer looks kind of weird. Too much CGI I guess, when part of what made Fury Road great was all the practical effects. Maybe it's just the trailer, I trust in George Miller to deliver the goods.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another existing franchise with a “Put a chic in it. And make her gay” twist (no evidence she is gay in this, but you know what I am referring to).

Make your own damned franchise. Don’t ruin all the existing franchises. When will we be getting Jessica Bourne movies or “MI: Emily Hunt”?

And to be clear, I really enjoyed Fury Road. But this just seems like more of the same shit we have been getting for the last 10 years or so. By hijacking the existing franchises, you are just pigeonholing the entire female action movie genre into a derivative role. Make a franchise that starts with a woman star and build from there (Hunger Games and Aliens prove it can be done). Don’t take existing IP.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet another existing franchise with a “Put a chic in it. And make her gay” twist (no evidence she is gay in this, but you know what I am referring to).

Make your own damned franchise. Don’t ruin all the existing franchises. When will we be getting Jessica Bourne movies or “MI: Emily Hunt”?

And to be clear, I really enjoyed Fury Road. But this just seems like more of the same shit we have been getting for the last 10 years or so. By hijacking the existing franchises, you are just pigeonholing the entire female action movie genre into a derivative role. Make a franchise that starts with a woman star and build from there (Hunger Games and Aliens prove it can be done). Don’t take existing IP.

At least this is based on a fantastic original character created for Fury Road, they are not gender-swapping existing characters. My only issue is that Charlize Theron owned that role. Anna Taylor Joy is a terrific actor, but I've never seen her as an action star. We'll see if she can pull off the physicality of the role.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand what people liked so much about Fury Road. It was pretty much just Apocalypse Fast and Furious. Can't imagine this is going to be any better.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand what people liked so much about Fury Road. It was pretty much just Apocalypse Fast and Furious. Can't imagine this is going to be any better.
I liked it because it was fun. The story was fine, but who cares? It was ridiculous, but it was fun ridiculous. Very reminiscent of Road Warrior.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna see this regardless, but I hope it was just a weird edit or the CGI in the trailer is the bulk of what's in the movie. One of the big appeals of Fury Road, which was excellent, was all the practical effects in a time where damn near every movie was 90% CGI.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Furiosa is existing IP you dumb fuck.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furiosa is existing IP you dumb fuck.
So is Mad Max you dumb fuck. I never said she is recast as Max, but she has been handed the inertia of a franchise that already has heat.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Mad Max you dumb fuck. I never said she is recast as Max, but she has been handed the inertia of a franchise that already has heat.
Stop being triggered over every little thing. You people are so desperate to go full on Karen it is pathetic.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop being triggered over every little thing. You people are so desperate to go full on Karen it is pathetic.
Just voicing an opinion that it is bs that most successful franchises that have already had the hard word done are getting hijacked for a narrative. (Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Oceans 11, Star Trek, Dr Who, etc)

Female led franchises can work on their own. Alien and Hunger Games to name 2. Come back and name 3 others that I am not thinking of, I am sure they exist. Why are existing franchises getting hijacked when there isn’t a need?

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just voicing an opinion that it is bs that most successful franchises that have already had the hard word done are getting hijacked for a narrative. (Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Oceans 11, Star Trek, Dr Who, etc)

Female led franchises can work on their own. Alien and Hunger Games to name 2. Come back and name 3 others that I am not thinking of, I am sure they exist. Why are existing franchises getting hijacked when there isn’t a need?
Cry more.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of those movies are similar to this one. Last I checked all those movies didn’t have the female lead in the movie prior to introduce her to the existing audience before giving her/them their own movie.

Fury Road gave you an interesting character in Furiosa that people wanted to know more about, that’s the reason for this movie, they didn’t just plop a chick in the franchise and make the lead from the get-go in her own movie.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furiosa was the best part of Fury Road, imo. I'd list that character right up there with Ripley from Alien and Aliens and about 18237723723742374 more interesting than a turd of a character like Katniss, lol. I'm with the OP and hope it's not a CGI-fest, though. Focus on character is where it begins for me, then practical effects, and then a couple of amazing CGI shots like the dust storm in Fury Road. George Miller IS directing it so I have hope. I'm also much more interested in what happens next for the character after Fury Road than I am in a prequel, tbh. Nobody is going to pull off that character like Theron did, IMO.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you're dumb lol.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the 75 year old writer-director of the original movie Mad Max writes and directs another movie which has a main female character in it - again one he created, and he publicly stated he wanted to explore more of her character in another movie so he made this - and that upsets you? Adorable :)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poster:

iyehucw1bp5c1.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man! I wonder what this guy's deal is! I cannot wait to find out!
MM.JPG

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same complain I had after the first trailer. It's too obvious CGI.