• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way i see pet “ownership” decreasing substantially in the long term is if social media algorithms start telling kids pets are bad :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only way i see pet “ownership” decreasing substantially in the long term is if social media algorithms start telling kids pets are bad :noidea:

4mm2uj.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dog breading is still big business and those crazies who attend and show dogs will continue to let them reproduce as long as people keep buying them.

As for cats, yes we need to control them because they will kill us all. :)
My wife and i have been hemming & hawing on a dog for 3 years lol ... we are as close as weve ever been to getting one ... $3500 for a boston terrier pup that is ready for be housed Dec 20 ... breeder is located in Quesnel BC ... 7 hours of winter driving. Id rather move up there permanently and set up a breeding operation lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and i have been hemming & hawing on a dog for 3 years lol ... we are as close as weve ever been to getting one ... $3500 for a boston terrier pup that is ready for be housed Dec 20 ... breeder is located in Quesnel BC ... 7 hours of winter driving. Id rather move up there permanently and set up a breeding operation lol

LOL...Seriously I attended a few of these dog shows, helping a family friend out. Best in Show nails these things to a "T"! Very strange group of people involved and very cut throat. And yes there are people that make a living on "handling" dogs. They don't breed them but take the breeders/owners dogs to shows for them.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. I got my dog for free (nominal fee) and he had his first shots and health check ups. He was living wild on a reservation near Lethbridge before the rescue agency took him in. He will kill a coyote in 12-15 seconds if it comes near my kids and he's had zero health issues in 7 years.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
LOL...Seriously I attended a few of these dog shows, helping a family friend out. Best in Show nails these things to a "T"! Very strange group of people involved and very cut throat. And yes there are people that make a living on "handling" dogs. They don't breed them but take the breeders/owners dogs to shows for them.
fantastic movie.

my scruffy dog's dad is a multiple best in show winner, all around the world. The breeder could have been a character in that movie for sure. And their house smelled like piss.
Mayzie has one blue eye, so she was an automatic disqualification, and was therefore saved from the show life.

our next dog I think would be a rescue.
There are enough dogs out there who need a home.
and the purebred is getting too damned close to ince$t DNA <---- odd, i did not type dolla sign

optional reading:
one of several websites devoted to Mayzie's dad:
1605554231945.png

chip off the old block:
10689647_817957661595366_7765290789396475874_n.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see changes being made to the pet food industry to make it more humane but I'd be surprised if pet ownership goes way down anytime soon*. As for whether dogs/pets are happy - the dogs I've had as an adult do not have great poker faces. Its pretty clear when they are happy or not. I've known some that are aloof but most are pretty readable.

Also is the life as a pet better/worse than not having a life at all?

*unless the overall economy falls apart and more and more people cannot afford them. I could see this happening.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fantastic movie.

my scruffy dog's dad is a multiple best in show winner, all around the world. The breeder could have been a character in that movie for sure. And their house smelled like piss.
Mayzie has one blue eye, so she was an automatic disqualification, and was therefore saved from the show life.

our next dog I think would be a rescue.
There are enough dogs out there who need a home.
and the purebred is getting too damned close to ince$t DNA <---- odd, i did not type dolla sign

optional reading:
one of several websites devoted to Mayzie's dad:
View attachment 258562

chip off the old block:
View attachment 258563
We have an Australian Sheppard, and like yours she was disqualified from showing because she had too much pink on her nose (scary isn't it). So we were able to get her for a discount and able to spay her.

Our other dog is a rescue and the positive about him, he totally hates cats, if he sees a cat he will most likely try and kill it. The bad with this is that our Cat and him have to be separated at all times. Yeah, we have a cat, he was a stray in a parking lot that literally jumped into our car, so it was like WTF...he is coming home with us.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see changes being made to the pet food industry to make it more humane but I'd be surprised if pet ownership goes way down anytime soon*. As for whether dogs/pets are happy - the dogs I've had as an adult do not have great poker faces. Its pretty clear when they are happy or not. I've known some that are aloof but most are pretty readable.

Also is the life as a pet better/worse than not having a life at all?

*unless the overall economy falls apart and more and more people cannot afford them. I could see this happening.
Seriously never get close a dog food processing plant. That is up there with the trash dump and Trumps toilet as worst smelling places.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always rescues for me...dog or cat. Too many need homes imo.

To be fair, my Dad once spent money with a breeder for his Vizla. He wanted an elite bird dog and he was an amazing dog handler. I can understand that stance.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly this type will exist long after fighting and pets:

Yep she is as crazy as her father.

Oh man, reminds me of all those times in church growing up where they talked about political candidates and took si....

...oh wait, I didn't go to church with fucking loons. Nevermind. (At least I don't think, I went to church at my grandparents in Minnesota a few times, but I don't think they let the loons in for social hour.)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously never get close a dog food processing plant. That is up there with the trash dump and Trumps toilet as worst smelling places.
I bet. I probably don't want to get too close to any kind of food processing plant. Alpo, Dinty Moore, etc
Always rescues for me...dog or cat. Too many need homes imo.

To be fair, my Dad once spent money with a breeder for his Vizla. He wanted an elite bird dog and he was an amazing dog handler. I can understand that stance.
I've always had rescues or strays and that works for me because besides a few breeds/kinds I never really cared what kind I had. I basically just want something medium-sized or slightly larger that I can take on a hike. Also hopefully a cute one, one that the women at a local park would want to walk over and see.

If I ever wanted a specific breed than I wouldn't mind buying one.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I got my dog for free (nominal fee) and he had his first shots and health check ups. He was living wild on a reservation near Lethbridge before the rescue agency took him in. He will kill a coyote in 12-15 seconds if it comes near my kids and he's had zero health issues in 7 year

ive been monitoring the bc spca website for a year now and it just always seems to be mastiffs great danes german shepherds and boxers with health/behaviour issues that were not in the market to deal with as first time (in a long time) pet owners. My wife had a boxer as a kid and we have a family friend who had one so the kids wanted one. But we reckon its just too big for us. So our focus has been the boxers midget cousin, the boston terrier lol

we cant find a cheap one from a reputable source :noidea:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive been monitoring the bc spca website for a year now and it just always seems to be mastiffs great danes german shepherds and boxers with health/behaviour issues that were not in the market to deal with as first time (in a long time) pet owners. My wife had a boxer as a kid and we have a family friend who had one so the kids wanted one. But we reckon its just too big for us. So our focus has been the boxers midget cousin, the boston terrier lol

Our dog had/has some behavioural issues. They've mostly been rectified. When we got him he HATED any guy wearing a hood or bigger hat. I figured he was beaten as puppy by a dude in a hood. Whatever the reason any dude wearing hood would do well to cross the street back in those early days. LOL.

But yeah, many rescues have issues because of previous shitbags associated with them. The last thing you need is a Mastiff with fear aggression.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing that in BC a lot more people are into rescuing pets than in Alberta. Not surprising really. If it doesn't cost a fortune, shit oil/bitumen and cough diesel fumes it ain't worth getting around these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.